Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

3 hours ago, FTOF said:
12 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:
I have no doubt we got our money back that we paid to Inverness when Hamilton appointed Rice as their new manager.
The list of managers and assistants and first team coaches since Gordon Scott took over as chairman:
1. Alex Rae (fired after a few months)
2. David Farrell (fired after a few months)
3. Jack Ross (left for Sunderland with GLS and TF none the wiser)
4. James Fowler (followed Jack Ross to Sunderland)
5. Alan Stubbs (fired after a few months)
6. Brian Rice (left after about 6 months to manage Hamilton)
7. Darren Jackson (fired at same time as Stubbs)
8. Oran Kearney (fired after 9 months)
9. Jimmy Nicholl (left at the end of a 6 month contract to move to the Championship with Dundee)
10. Gus McPherson (still at the club - at the time of posting)
Players who have left during Scott's tenure as chairman:
Sean Kelly, Jim Goodwin, Alan Gow, Stuart Carswell, Cameron Howieson, Scott Agnew, Barry Cuddihy, Jaison McGrath, Alex Cooper, Steven Thompson, Keith Watson, David Clarkson, Lawrence Shankland, Jordan Stewart, Andy Webster, Kyle Hutton, Calum Gallagher, Ben Gordon, Scott Gallagher, John Sutton, Tom Walsh, Kyle Hutton, Ryan Hardie, Craig Storrie, Rory Loy, Pal Fjelde, Jason Naismith, Josh Todd, Billy O' Brien, Stellious Demetriou, Kyle McAllister, Adam Eckersley, Harry Davis, Kalvin Orsi, Jamie Langfield, Stevie Mallan, Ross Stewart (goalkeeper), Jordan Kirkpatrick, Ross Stewart (striker), Gregor Buchanan, Craig Samson, Gavin Reilly,  Gary Irvine, Dale Hilson, Lewis McLear, Ian McShane, Rocco Quinn, Darryl Duffy, Liam Smith, Jamie McCart, Lewis Morgan, Mark Hill, Myles Hippolyte, Massimo Donati, Darren Whyte, Nathan Flannagan, Jeff King, Hayden Coulson, Cole Kpekawa, Matty Willock, Nicolai Brock-Madsen, Alfie Jones, Ryan Edwards, Lee Hodson,  Cammy Smith, Danny Rogers, Dean Lyness, Anton Ferdinand, Simeon Jackson, Adam Hammill, Connor O'Keefe, Brad Lyons, Jordan Holmes, Anders Dreyer, Duckens Nazon, Laurentiu Corbu, Mihai Popescu.
Players signed during Scott's tenure and still at the club:
Stephen McGinn, Paul McGinn, Vaclav Hladky, Mateo Muzek, Josh Heaton, Ryan Flynn, Jim Kellerman, Greg Tansey, Danny Mullen, Cody Cooke.
After selling Naismith, Mallan, McAllister, Morgan, getting compensation for Jack Ross and James Fowler moving to Sunderland and John McGinn's move to Aston Villa bringing in £1m our finances will of course be in rude health under Gordon's watch?

You could have saved a lot of effort by typing "I hate Gordon Scott".

We're hiring our 5th manager, 4th assistant, 3rd first team coach and have released and signed about 80 players in 3 seasons under Gordon Scott and have about 6 decent players still on the books after signing so many players in 3 seasons.

I have no opinion on Gordon Scott as a person. As a St Mirren chairman I'd like him to be successful. The facts outlined above suggest St Mirren FC have been a bit of a circus since Scott took over - the chaos and instability under the last few years of the previous board has continued under his chairmanship. Scott's biggest claim to success so far is the promotion achieved under Jack Ross. If Scott had such a good relationship with Jack Ross why was Jack applying for other jobs left, right and centre and why did Gordon not know that Jack had signed for Sunderland until after Sunderland were announcing him as their new manager?

Did any St Mirren supporter who finished ahead of him in the Paisley 10K run ever get their free St Mirren strip that he offered when he did an interview just after taking over- the new strip he wore on the day of the run and which didn't go on sale until months after the season began? It's a small point but did Gordon keep his word on that one and give out those prizes from his own pocket?

His chairman's updates, while welcome, usually dodge mentioning the upheaval and bad recruitment until we are on a better run and talk about repairs at Ralston. We've been wasteful and short-sighted in our recruitment of management, coaches and players and burned through lots of cash in the process.

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I am sure you will find some other Twitter nonsense to keep us all amused with.

I wrote Oran would return to NI from Twitter. Happend. I wrote Jim Goodwin would be St Mirren manager from Twitter.  Will happen. Not that you ever use social media I mean what is BAWA 🤩

1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

Quite a bold statement there. Exactly what evidence do you have to back that up?

Danny Lennon might not have been the greatest manager in the history of the club, but some seasons under him we were easy on the eye, finished 8th twice, won the League Cup and usually made the quarter-finals of most cup competitions in his 4 seasons. We told him after the last game of the season his deal wasn't being extended with a few weeks left on his contract... he didn't even get a compensation pay off or the chance to say farewell to the fans after securing our place in the top division for the 4th successive year.

36 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I wrote Oran would return to NI from Twitter. Happend. I wrote Jim Goodwin would be St Mirren manager from Twitter.  Will happen. Not that you ever use social media I mean what is BAWA 🤩

Not Twitter.

Which is what I was having a dig at. I wasn't talking about social media in general. I was talking about Twitter and specifically your willingness to believe any old shite.

Was that a trick question?

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Good news for IOBS, twitter has confirmed Jim Goodwin is on his way and is bringing Lee Sharp with him. All to be settled by the weekend.

But will Oran Kearney be coming from his new house in Bridge of Weir (internet rumour re-posted by IOBS) to Greenhill Road to watch the Buds next season?

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not Twitter.

Which is what I was having a dig at. I wasn't talking about social media in general. I was talking about Twitter and specifically your willingness to believe any old shite.

Was that a trick question?

Div posts most days on BAWA twitter as do St Mirren the club in fact you would be surprised how many St Mirren post on Twitter. You really do need to catch up with the times. 

34 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Div posts most days on BAWA twitter as do St Mirren the club in fact you would be surprised how many St Mirren post on Twitter. You really do need to catch up with the times. 

Why?

What exactly am I missing out on?

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

But will Oran Kearney be coming from his new house in Bridge of Weir (internet rumour re-posted by IOBS) to Greenhill Road to watch the Buds next season?

It was posted a by a Saints fan on Pie and bovril regarding Bridge Of Weir no reason not to believe him at the time not a poster for making things up. 

37 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It was posted a by a Saints fan on Pie and bovril regarding Bridge Of Weir no reason not to believe him at the time not a poster for making things up. 

Aye, a random person posting on P&B would make it well worth re-posting. :rolleyes:

You post on P&B and you don't have a clue about almost anything. :lol:

50 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

But Oran didn't buy a house in Bridge of Weir did he?

It was all made up shite.

If Oran had it all set up for a good pay off and GS knew it I don’t think he would just play along as what looks to have happened pretty sure he would play hard ball and Oran would be told he’s the new groundmans apprentice for the time being 9-5.

But we can all guess and make up our own stories without any facts.

3 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

We're hiring our 5th manager, 4th assistant, 3rd first team coach and have released and signed about 80 players in 3 seasons under Gordon Scott and have about 6 decent players still on the books after signing so many players in 3 seasons.

I have no opinion on Gordon Scott as a person. As a St Mirren chairman I'd like him to be successful. The facts outlined above suggest St Mirren FC have been a bit of a circus since Scott took over - the chaos and instability under the last few years of the previous board has continued under his chairmanship. Scott's biggest claim to success so far is the promotion achieved under Jack Ross. If Scott had such a good relationship with Jack Ross why was Jack applying for other jobs left, right and centre and why did Gordon not know that Jack had signed for Sunderland until after Sunderland were announcing him as their new manager?

Did any St Mirren supporter who finished ahead of him in the Paisley 10K run ever get their free St Mirren strip that he offered when he did an interview just after taking over- the new strip he wore on the day of the run and which didn't go on sale until months after the season began? It's a small point but did Gordon keep his word on that one and give out those prizes from his own pocket?

His chairman's updates, while welcome, usually dodge mentioning the upheaval and bad recruitment until we are on a better run and talk about repairs at Ralston. We've been wasteful and short-sighted in our recruitment of management, coaches and players and burned through lots of cash in the process.

I rarely post on any forums, and i cant speak for the accuracy of the rest of the above post however i know the statement highlighted above is 100% wrong Sunderland officially announced JR on the 1 June 2018 (although the BBC ran the story on 25 May),  JR told GS he was taking the job on the morning of 25 May (although by that time it was fairly certain he would be going).

This isn't second or third hand GS told me this himself at the time that JR had confirmed his departure over the phone that morning. 

Fair enough you dont have any time for GS as our Chairman but dont just spout any old bullshit to pad your point out.

5 minutes ago, budley said:

I rarely post on any forums, and i cant speak for the accuracy of the rest of the above post however i know the statement highlighted above is 100% wrong Sunderland officially announced JR on the 1 June 2018 (although the BBC ran the story on 25 May),  JR told GS he was taking the job on the morning of 25 May (although by that time it was fairly certain he would be going).

This isn't second or third hand GS told me this himself at the time that JR had confirmed his departure over the phone that morning. 

Fair enough you dont have any time for GS as our Chairman but dont just spout any old bullshit to pad your point out.

Thanks Budley. 

Eagerly awaiting your next post in 2031.

Quite a bold statement there. Exactly what evidence do you have to back that up?
I was told the same story by 2 different players from the cup winning squad that at the end of Danny's last season the players had arranged a jaunt to Spain.
The day they were due to fly out Jim Goodwin and Gary Teale cancelled for "family emergencies" on arrival in Spain the team found out Craig/Goodwin & Teale had been appointed as the new management team.

Apparently the 3 amigos above had spoke to Gilmour about Danny losing the dressing room and they 3 were needed to go to the "next level" as Danny had took them as far as he could.

Gilmour then duly appointed them and that worked out well.

These 2 players have no reason to lie and the only reason the 2nd one told me was because asked i him outright about it and he confirmed the story the 1st player told me was true.

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:
7 hours ago, bazil85 said:
I was a bit worried that he might turn us down but going by the BBC, being given permission so quickly & Thommo saying he’s desperate to get a full time manager job, all sounds very promising. He deserves it more than anyone after what he’s done for our club in the past & the amazing job he’s done at Alloa. 

Does that include stabbing Danny Lennon in the back??? Is that the stuff you are talking about that he done for our club??? Just curious.

Danny leaving was nothing to do with Goodwin & Goodwin taking the coaching role is in no way stabbing anyone in the back unless you’re talking about something else? 

Regardless, it ain’t like St Mirren fans to hold grudges. :lol:

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

... unless you take the view that not every rumour on the internet comes true.

If we forget about St Mirren and twitter and chose the Ugly Sisters as our test - who according to twitter will be signing for them and will Gerard be managing Derby and also Newcastle whilst commuting from his houses in Liverpool and Glasgow?

Shull started a thread on BAWA saying goodbye Oran welcome Jim Goodwin, does that mean everything Shull posts should be taken as from an accurate source and reliable?

4 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Danny Lennon might not have been the greatest manager in the history of the club, but some seasons under him we were easy on the eye, finished 8th twice, won the League Cup and usually made the quarter-finals of most cup competitions in his 4 seasons. We told him after the last game of the season his deal wasn't being extended with a few weeks left on his contract... he didn't even get a compensation pay off or the chance to say farewell to the fans after securing our place in the top division for the 4th successive year.

The guy said Goody stabbed him in the back though, none of that is to do with Goody. 

23 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

... unless you take the view that not every rumour on the internet comes true.

If we forget about St Mirren and twitter and chose the Ugly Sisters as our test - who according to twitter will be signing for them and will Gerard be managing Derby and also Newcastle whilst commuting from his houses in Liverpool and Glasgow?

Shull started a thread on BAWA saying goodbye Oran welcome Jim Goodwin, does that mean everything Shull posts should be taken as from an accurate source and reliable?

Aye.