Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

This season we have better prep going into the League Cup, having had a friendly in Belfast and a scheduled one against Peterborough.

I know your views regarding the group stage are aligned with some others on here, but I completely disagree that the group games are friendlies - this is a cup competition, and it’s one of our two best chances to bring home some silverware and lifelong memories. As top seeds in a group with three sides outside of the top 3 tiers involved, anything but progress would be an embarrassment. The reward for winning all 4 games in 90 minutes would likely be to see us seeded in the Last 16, giving us a great chance of making the QF, and from then on who knows what can happen. The cups are the best chance for us to do something big, and that’s why there was such a kick up about those two piss poor results. We were 2-0 down to 5th tier Spartans at home, there was really no defending that.

I think he's alluding to the fact that we should, in all honesty, make the next round given the opposition but that, due to the late recruitment, it's a given we will need those games to get us up to speed and ready for the real  tasks. I agree with this.

16 minutes ago, Nigerian Panda said:

Orans gone ... time to move on ..., close this down! 

Or we could keep bumping it up to the top of the page by adding new posts. 

Your turn. 

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Virtual lip service? What backing are you going to give JG from the cinema door?

Not saying you don't have the right to comment but FFS don't pretend your giving support when you aren't even going to be at the ground, through choice,  to do so.

I'm going to be at away games, can I comment? :lol:

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

This season we have better prep going into the League Cup, having had a friendly in Belfast and a scheduled one against Peterborough.

I know your views regarding the group stage are aligned with some others on here, but I completely disagree that the group games are friendlies - this is a cup competition, and it’s one of our two best chances to bring home some silverware and lifelong memories. As top seeds in a group with three sides outside of the top 3 tiers involved, anything but progress would be an embarrassment. The reward for winning all 4 games in 90 minutes would likely be to see us seeded in the Last 16, giving us a great chance of making the QF, and from then on who knows what can happen. The cups are the best chance for us to do something big, and that’s why there was such a kick up about those two piss poor results. We were 2-0 down to 5th tier Spartans at home, there was really no defending that.

I agree the attempts by some to write of this cup are ludicrous for any team, especially us as it, as you say is an opportunity to get reasonably far.

Unfortunately, with a week to go, we are in a poor state to make any real challenge as we have one new player.

Again, your selective facts on the Spartans game makes me laugh, the final result, while poor, was a draw and we won on penalties. 

I wonder when a small band of people are going to stop blaming Stubbs for everything and look at where we are now? 

18 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Naw. I think I've made a lot of people happy by refusing you though.

Have you? 

Let's see them, this "lot of people".........................:lol:

Suggests you're a bit needy trying to bring in other people to your opinion. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, mattman said:

What i take from this article if you try and avoid the "he said, she said" sides of the issue are four things.

1. The article is in the club's now preferred mouthpiece for placing stories the Scottish Sun.

2. Scott talks about a compromise reached, whilst still,peddling the myth that Oran wanted to fly daily at a cost to himself of up to £6k a month..? Apart from the fact theres no way Oran could afford it, he said they had reached a compromise! What changed?

3. Scott says he and the club knew all summer, that Oran was always going back to Coleraine... strange that given Coleraine had offered the job to someone else who eventually declined...!

4. Scott freely admits their intention all along was to get Goodwin in having done all their due dilligence in advance of "mutually" getting Kearney out the door..! 

Feck me if you are going to try and create fake news to come out of it looking the Hero, jesus try not to trip over the biggest whoppers you could imagine your story... it makes him look absolutely shocking! Possibly not what he was going for?

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

What i take from this article if you try and avoid the "he said, she said" sides of the issue are four things.

1. The article is in the club's now preferred mouthpiece for placing stories the Scottish Sun.

2. Scott talks about a compromise reached, whilst still,peddling the myth that Oran wanted to fly daily at a cost to himself of up to £6k a month..? Apart from the fact theres no way Oran could afford it, he said they had reached a compromise! What changed?

3. Scott says he and the club knew all summer, that Oran was always going back to Coleraine... strange that given Coleraine had offered the job to someone else who eventually declined...!

4. Scott freely admits their intention all along was to get Goodwin in having done all their due dilligence in advance of "mutually" getting Kearney out the door..! 

Feck me if you are going to try and create fake news to come out of it looking the Hero, jesus try not to trip over the biggest whoppers you could imagine your story... it makes him look absolutely shocking! Possibly not what he was going for?

While I have my doubts about the overall validity of the article you really need to stop making things up. Coleraine NEVER offered the job to anyone. They SAID they were refused the right to talk to someone. This may be true or simply a smoke screen to hide their intent. The could have conceivably made that approach knowing it would be refused.

And. THE SUN SAID Scott went looking at Goodwin when it became clear we were losing Kearney. A subtle but important difference.

ETA. The last sentence could quite easily have been directed at your good self.

Edited by stlucifer

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

I haven’t bought any newspapers in a good few years , I would say about 6 anyway , just use the internet now for all that stuff.

Same here but I do a bit of occasional  "just about to buy" type reading in filling stations and supermarkets before shuffling off feeling and no doubt looking dodgy.