Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t for a second think GLS is the fully innocent party & OK the villain. What I do think is there will likely be shades of grey.

My point on LPM is his view is always the one that shows the club he ‘supports’ & its people in the most negative light. Him claiming OK travel cost could be up to £6,000 shows this, it’s the most nonsense comment I think I’ve seen on here (an achievement in itself) 

my interpretation of the situation is OK wanted the commute & thought he could still do the job to a suitable level, GLS disagreed & they couldn’t meet in an acceptable middle. To quote some Brexit chat, they both likely had red lines & they didn’t match. I think the most likely outcome (we’ll likely never know though is as below) 

- OK wanted a daily (or close to) commute 

- GLS wanted him to move here. 

- OK willing to compromise slightly down on the commute 

- GLS willing to compromise slightly up on the commute. 

Outcome was the up and the down weren’t close enough to compromise. This for me perfectly explains the time taken, GLS interview, OK comments, why the timing wasn’t ideal for him leaving & the Goody contingency planning. 

I don’t know if OK wanted to increase the commute on last year or GLS wanted to decrease it, that’s the grey area. As I said we’ll likely never know how it was initiated, what was in the contract & what was proposed to change this year (if anything) 

I do agree there are grey areas, 100%. I do also agree that LPM regularly sticks to the negatives. I can’t help but agree with LPM though that it does feel like Oran got shafted. We’ve had no assistant since January, commuting wasn’t an issue until now, and Goodwin was snapped up helluva quick. Granted I’ve said myself going into pre-season that both Saints and Alloa would want to sort things quickly, and we may have behaved impeccably in our approach to Alloa and Goodwin, but that doesn’t necessarily mean we were impeccable towards Oran - we could have have been chasing Goodwin while Oran was still in the job.

I am trying to see things from all views here, and for me Oran has been treated harshly. I could well be wrong, it’s just my opinion.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t for a second think GLS is the fully innocent party & OK the villain. What I do think is there will likely be shades of grey.

My point on LPM is his view is always the one that shows the club he ‘supports’ & its people in the most negative light. Him claiming OK travel cost could be up to £6,000 shows this, it’s the most nonsense comment I think I’ve seen on here (an achievement in itself) 

my interpretation of the situation is OK wanted the commute & thought he could still do the job to a suitable level, GLS disagreed & they couldn’t meet in an acceptable middle. To quote some Brexit chat, they both likely had red lines & they didn’t match. I think the most likely outcome (we’ll likely never know though is as below) 

Outcome was the up and the down weren’t close enough to compromise. This for me perfectly explains the time taken, GLS interview, OK comments, why the timing wasn’t ideal for him leaving & the Goody contingency planning. 

I don’t know if OK wanted to increase the commute on last year or GLS wanted to decrease it, that’s the grey area. As I said we’ll likely never know how it was initiated, what was in the contract & what was proposed to change this year (if anything) 

^^^^^that's just not good enough^^^^:whistle

There's not enough implied skulduggery, downright accusations of dishonesty and mendacity in your post.

It appears you've taken a pragmatic view on a relationship that over time was just bound to fizzle and fail anyway.

The top man, yup,  he who pays the piper called the tune, in this case some folk didnae like the song.

We move on.

Guest TPAFKATS
I don't often agree with bazil85 but this is a pretty accutate summary of things.
Thanks to Oran for what he achieved last season, just wish he'd have been more upfront re the family situation and let us sort things out sooner.

I don't often agree with bazil85 but this is a pretty accutate summary of things.
Thanks to Oran for what he achieved last season, just wish he'd have been more upfront re the family situation and let us sort things out sooner.
I know for an absolute fact he had no intentions of moving over.

Just to be clear, are you randomly  “leaving aside McAllister” so your story works? 🤣 What a desperate loser. 🤣🤣

Well McAllister is a product of the St. Mirren academy, so it’s hardly random!

default_1eye.gif

And no need to be so harsh on yourself with your last sentence! [emoji23]

Have you managed to understand the products you sell yet btw or do you want me to educate you some more? [emoji1][emoji1]

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

All wrong above, must do better!

remember Scott is now on record as saying the only thing we werent prepared for by sacking Oran is putting a team on the pitch! To most thats quite a biggy!

Your idea of all wrong is, I assume, when it's all right. I can't do any better than that.

10 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Coleraine statement

https://colerainefc.com/club-statement-7/

"We...had no contact with Oran regarding the vacancy at the club until it was confirmed he had parted company from St Mirren.

Image result for i smell shite gif

It’s starting to get petty now, gordy should have just kept it zipped about it, now we have a tit for tat statement battle. Amateur hour returns 🥳😂

13 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Coleraine statement

https://colerainefc.com/club-statement-7/

"We...had no contact with Oran regarding the vacancy at the club until it was confirmed he had parted company from St Mirren.

Image result for i smell shite gif

As if it needed confirming, our board are a bunch of rank amateur shit stirrers. Jeez they cant even get shit stirring right. What an embarrassment that sorry lot are. Good on Coleraine for calling the shit stirrers on it! Maybe they'll lodge an official complaint over Scott's slanderous allegations?l

COLERAINE FC have today read with disappointment the comments from St Mirren regarding the recent appointment of Oran Kearney as our Manager…

We wish to set the record straight that Coleraine FC has at all times conducted itself in a professional manner, in accordance the rules and regulations of the IFA, and had no contact with Oran regarding the vacancy at the club until it was confirmed he had parted company from St Mirren.

We had interviewed a number of candidates for the position and had been refused permission to speak to another candidate whom we had identified as potentially our new manager.

Furthermore, the last minute cancellation of the friendly with St Mirren was a major disappointment to not only Bannsiders, but also to a number of St Mirren fans whom made the journey none the less to the North Coast.

We look forward with confidence to the start of the Danske Bank Premiership season under the management of Oran.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Did we really expect Coleraine to come out and say "We spoke with Oran 6 weeks before he was appointed and kept the job open for him"

They're hardly going to drop themselves in the shit.

3 minutes ago, HSS said:

Did we really expect Coleraine to come out and say "We spoke with Oran 6 weeks before he was appointed and kept the job open for him"

It's a bit of blame on both sides i'd imagine but they definitely sounded him out, although neither OK or Coleraine will ever admit this... better for all concerned to move on.

9 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

No, i think the reality of the situation is that Coleraine got what they wanted and so have we...Happy days! let's get back to backing the team! 

8 minutes ago, HSS said:

3 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

It's a bit of blame on both sides i'd imagine but they definitely sounded him out, although neither OK or Coleraine will ever admit this... better for all concerned to move on.

I guess u can make those guesses gents. However only one chairman has stated he had a replacement lined up in advance!

this makes our club look very, very poor. We a run by a bunch of amateur s on an ego trip! Save for the legend that is Tony Fitzpatrick.

4 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

And no need to be so harsh on yourself with your last sentence! emoji23.png

In which particular year of primary school did you craft this rapier like banter. 

And you’ve clearly crafted it so well you like to use it as your stock comeback to every single derogatory remark made at you (of which there are many). You’re probably gutted you couldn’t shoehorn in the old mirror “gag” as well. 

What a monumental loser. 🤣

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I guess u can make those guesses gents. However only one chairman has stated he had a replacement lined up in advance!

this makes our club look very, very poor. We a run by a bunch of amateur s on an ego trip! Save for the legend that is Tony Fitzpatrick.

At no time did Scott say he had a replacement "lined up". He said they were prepared. This could quite simply be a shortlist of candidates, or even just one candidate. It doesn't mean they had talked to anyone. In fact it is much the same as Coleraine sending the message via newspapers to say, "Come back Oran, all is forgiven SIX weeks before. 

You really are coming across as a very bitter individual grasping at any straw. I don't necessarily accept what Scott says at face value but I certainly read what Coleraine were saying and there is no doubt in my mind they were telling OK he was welcome. How is that not tapping up an employee of another club?

42 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Here we go again! There is certainly one person who makes our club look poor by association. I leave it to you to work out who that is!

Unfortunately the "ignore" function only works if others stop quoting him. 😒

29 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

At no time did Scott say he had a replacement "lined up". He said they were prepared. This could quite simply be a shortlist of candidates, or even just one candidate. It doesn't mean they had talked to anyone. In fact it is much the same as Coleraine sending the message via newspapers to say, "Come back Oran, all is forgiven SIX weeks before. 

You really are coming across as a very bitter individual grasping at any straw. I don't necessarily accept what Scott says at face value but I certainly read what Coleraine were saying and there is no doubt in my mind they were telling OK he was welcome. How is that not tapping up an employee of another club?

Sorry bud but the chairman clearly said they had "done their due dilligence" which you can only do with the agreement of the other party. You read it as you wish, all i know is Coleraine, twice, yes twice allowed us to interview, then sign their manager. They were nothing but professional in all this, in fact at the rime they insisted St Mirren had gone about their business in the right way. How do we handle his departure??? With a clusterf**k of a shitstorm!

our chairman decides to dispense with Oran's services, but instead of wishing him well and leaving it there, he comes across as a very bitter ex, who seems to be intent on hounding his ex even though they've found love elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

our chairman decides to dispense with Oran's services, but instead of wishing him well and leaving it there, he comes across as a very bitter ex, who seems to be intent on hounding his ex even though they've found love elsewhere.

It does really seem that way 🙈

6 minutes ago, mattman said:
11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It does really seem that way 🙈

Only if you have aspirations to become LPM2  😎

Can't blame Coleraine at all for setting the record straight. 

Gordon should stay out of the press and away from his statement generator for a while.

It gives me no pleasure to find myself in agreement with LPM in the belief that the management of the club is becoming embarrassing.