Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry bud but the chairman clearly said they had "done their due dilligence" which you can only do with the agreement of the other party. You read it as you wish, all i know is Coleraine, twice, yes twice allowed us to interview, then sign their manager. They were nothing but professional in all this, in fact at the rime they insisted St Mirren had gone about their business in the right way. How do we handle his departure??? With a clusterf**k of a shitstorm!

our chairman decides to dispense with Oran's services, but instead of wishing him well and leaving it there, he comes across as a very bitter ex, who seems to be intent on hounding his ex even though they've found love elsewhere.

Absolute nonsense. Due diligence can be one sided. It just means they've looked at who MIGHT be the person to go for. Do you really think so little of Goodwin as to think he would be sneaking behind a manager's back waiting to jump on board? And you are still making the assumption that OK's leaving was totally one sided because it fits your little vendetta. The last statement really proves you are still  a sad and bitter individual.

I also noted that you ignored the actual FACT that Coleraine published an open letter to OK basically telling him he had a job.

What i'll say is, i hope we have Jim Goodwin on a watertight contract which has a performance related clause in it. I doubt we have the finances to have to pay compensation to a failed manager and also have enough to pay good players,if he does fail that is.

Washing your dirty linen in public is not a good thing. We have rightly got rid of managers who were not up to the job and in the case of Ross one who wanted to go to better himself, losing a manager who helped turn our season round was not good, and it seems a mixture of blame can land in both camps here, Kearney seemingly having left his options open to return to his previous job and football career and deciding to do just that by way of asking for more frequent travel home which he likely knew we could never allow and us having such a piss poor contract with him that allowed such negotiations to start.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

It seems the guys having a go at Gordon Scott for his interview, we're previously having a go at him for saying nothing.

I did notice that, they ask for an explanation and then moan when they get one, i do think he could have done better with his statement though.

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It seems the guys having a go at Gordon Scott for his interview, we're previously having a go at him for saying nothing.

I still don't think the interview with Scott was the whole truth. I think we will never know how much of it was but I'm not going to hang all the blame on him while painting the Coleraine chairman whiter than white. I think he too pulled a few strokes.

Just now, stlucifer said:

I still don't think the interview with Scott was the whole truth. I think we will never know how much of it was but I'm not going to hang all the blame on him while painting the Coleraine chairman whiter than white. I think he too pulled a few strokes.

Based on what?

52 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Absolute nonsense. Due diligence can be one sided. It just means they've looked at who MIGHT be the person to go for. Do you really think so little of Goodwin as to think he would be sneaking behind a manager's back waiting to jump on board? And you are still making the assumption that OK's leaving was totally one sided because it fits your little vendetta. The last statement really proves you are still  a sad and bitter individual.

I also noted that you ignored the actual FACT that Coleraine published an open letter to OK basically telling him he had a job.

You got a copy of that letter?

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Don't be so pedantic. It was spoken to the press. It was openly directed toward, what was at the time, our manager.

What lie being pedantic over Coleraine approaching someone to be their manager? 

We know have Oran's statement confirming our chairman (the BoJo of chairman's) coudnt abide by a legal obligation he insited on. What manager, player or club will trust anything he says?

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What lie being pedantic over Coleraine approaching someone to be their manager? 

We know have Oran's statement confirming our chairman (the BoJo of chairman's) coudnt abide by a legal obligation he insited on. What manager, player or club will trust anything he says?

Read that back to yourself? Then rewrite it in English.

Edited by stlucifer

Looks like Jim Goodwin trusts him... And while i liked Oran he's now our previous manager AND he's walked straight into a job that he obviously wanted.  I want my club to do well this season so good luck and all that Oran but ta ta it's Jim's turn now.  All this other stuff isn't important it's getting ready for the new season that matters.

Guest TPAFKATS
It's Gordon's version of events.
Oran will have his version.
The real version will be somewhere in between.
3 sides to every story? [emoji3]

"It seems as if this match has been going on for an eternity Jeff, the first goal scoring opportunity arises but the shot takes a deflection and goes out for a corner. I wonder if the keeper will come out to claim this and be able to clear his box. It really hasn't been an entertaining match so far but it looks as if it might start to heat up now. Wonder if climate change has got anything to do with it?"

40 minutes ago, truesaint said:

"It seems as if this match has been going on for an eternity Jeff, the first goal scoring opportunity arises but the shot takes a deflection and goes out for a corner. I wonder if the keeper will come out to claim this and be able to clear his box. It really hasn't been an entertaining match so far but it looks as if it might start to heat up now. Wonder if climate change has got anything to do with it?"

Sir David Frederick Attenborough OM CH CVO CBE FRS FLS FZS FSA FRSGS  would say aye.

13 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I guess u can make those guesses gents. However only one chairman has stated he had a replacement lined up in advance!

this makes our club look very, very poor. We a run by a bunch of amateur s on an ego trip! Save for the legend that is Tony Fitzpatrick.

No it doesn’t.

It merely underlines that the forward-planning so long desired by everyBuddie has been implemented.  It’s simply solid business practice being implemented, at last!

In fact, I fully expect that there are already names in a secret folder for the NEXT manager, when Goodie inevitably fails to provide results or sound bites that please the unpleasable baying masses.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

No it doesn’t.

It merely underlines that the forward-planning so long desired by everyBuddie has been implemented.  It’s simply solid business practice being implemented, at last!

In fact, I fully expect that there are already names in a secret folder for the NEXT manager, when Goodie inevitably fails to provide results or sound bites that please the unpleasable baying masses.

There's been many a cracked egg down St Mirren way over the years, a fair few omelettes generated also, even for those who don't like them.

Put some tabasco on them, lifts the more bland versions to an agreeable level of satisfaction.

GLS is only breaking the eggs, Tony's not yet omelette capable , so Tabasco sellers are all over this.