Jump to content

TopCat

Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Surely we all want Oran to go ?

To go and grab enough points to keep us in the Premier League - end off.

21 games with a squad that was not capable of getting any more points and with new incomers who are not up to speed yet - never mind the injuries.

Nelson, McIntyre and others knew this was a poison chalice - but Oran was man enough to take on the challenge.

HE has just transitioned the squad - 2 games ago - we still have 7 injured and a few who have not played much in 2 months.

Go and drink some instant coffee - it tastes crap but the stuff that tastes good takes time to brew! :spud7

That explains a lot :oohlala

B405C4E7-5C30-4C60-AB48-1B22D45898DD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If miserable misbegotten sons of bitches like , well I'll name no names and risk no pack drill Shull, LPm, Farway and any attached aliases can suggest 'negative thoughts' then I for one shall propose positive thinking.

1. maybe all these numpties will stfu

2. give Oran time to try and get the team to connect... there are indications of this already

3. all those numpties should definitely stfu

4. and Oran needs as much time as he needs . end off

5. Our owner / management structure is as it is, anyone who doesn't like it should try to help improve it. NOT denigrate it to all and sundry (see dictionary for sundry Shull)

Me, I am just a fan who spent around 40 odd years at love street and yes I played football although never at a level commiserate with the buddies, but I AM a fan and am heartily sick of the miserable people who profess to support our team, you should be ashamed of the vitriol that you collectively spout.  I am embarrassed on your behalf. Rant over .......... till the next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get ready for a barrage Jaybee:P

I however will not as I am with you ......... I've said before that OK has taken on a poison chalice with this job and coming in at this time after the  Stubbs single handed destruction of any feel good factor between club and fans by the dismantling of a championship winning side (not saying that they would have been good enough without a few good addition in the premiership) but in truth and I think we all know this the damage was done even before Stubbs with the messing around of our once glorious leader and gaffer  JR who and I don't shy behind the fact that he left us in the lurch at his timing when leaving.........So we can point blame here or there but to what purpose???

Fact is OK has now got HIS SQUAD and to be fair to him he has hardly had the same team on the pitch for more than a week or two at a time due to player movements and injuries.

Now I don't have the luxury or "misery some would say" of seeing our Team play week in week out but what I have seen online has shown some potential and given a few weeks and the return from injury I think this squad has every chance of turning out a good one, now whether there is enough time to save us from the drop and I'm hoping there is, then I think even in fitba there is a place for nice guys with "an edge" that I believe OK has.

I've been a Fan of our club for a million lifetimes and have never ever known our clubs fortunes to be anything other than a roller coaster of a ride so the answer is quite simple if ye canny take the bad wi the bad wi the bad and the odd gem bit of Good then your know cut out to be a St Mirren Fan it's who we are and I'm afraid will continue to be we are a small fish in a big puddle and we continually develop decent young talent both within players and management...........the one constant we have are the "loyal stand fast" at times moaning fans that we are only because we all want the best for the best we big club on the planet.

Come what may we are the ones who will still support this club through "hell or high water" and aye ah know it feels like that a lot ....but as I said that's what makes us fans who we are and WE ARE SMFC77.......

So chin up everybody and get used to it and come back and see me in a million lifetimes when you weathered the storm as some of us have :thumbsup

KTF Buds

Edited by south_seas_saint
Typos corrected :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in.  Fairweather fans and invetirate moaners do little to show support for the club during difficult times.  Currently however we are in The Top League in Scotland.  The league everyone aims to reach and stay in.  It's tough.  Of course it is.  It's meant to be. Teams are better in this league,  many teams have bigger budgets. Easily fixed if more Saints Fans Turned up and paid their way into the Stadium.  For those debating the old chicken or the egg and which comes first,  football fans can be fickle and want the success before the they turn up.  Being balanced means also acknowledging that numbers have risen year on year over the past 4/5 years.  Now is not the time to stay away.  Now is not the time to crucify the manager.  This is the tough time that might,  Just might see us survive and prosper in this league in years to come.  Wake up and smell the coffee.  This is real life,  not some fantasy. Back the club,  back the manager and back the team. Turn up,  pay up,  make a noise.  If you are unhappy then let the players know it in the traditional way but please stop spreading gloom and despondency on social media channels or through unsociable behaviour.  It only splits the support and weakens interest in the team. Rant over. I 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, munoz said:

So even though its now "Oran's Team" even he is desperately jumping on the "A big boy called Alan did it, then ran away"?

wtf? After the club and support getting behind his appointment, allowing him to sign probably the three highest earners outside the window, plus letting him bring in another whole squad, and paying up contracts and his compo, and having twenty odd games to make his mark.... now its all Stubbs fault? 

Saturday, his approach to that in fear of a lower league side, a woeful first half display, with incomprehensible tactics was the tipping point! Thats when the support turned. Interviews like this will not bring fans back on side. He is setting himself up for a fall as he isnt ( like saturday)playing a single Stubbs signing. So whose responsible for this current 'shit storm' Oran..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Count me in.  Fairweather fans and invetirate moaners do little to show support for the club during difficult times.  Currently however we are in The Top League in Scotland.  The league everyone aims to reach and stay in.  It's tough.  Of course it is.  It's meant to be. Teams are better in this league,  many teams have bigger budgets. Easily fixed if more Saints Fans Turned up and paid their way into the Stadium.  For those debating the old chicken or the egg and which comes first,  football fans can be fickle and want the success before the they turn up.  Being balanced means also acknowledging that numbers have risen year on year over the past 4/5 years.  Now is not the time to stay away.  Now is not the time to crucify the manager.  This is the tough time that might,  Just might see us survive and prosper in this league in years to come.  Wake up and smell the coffee.  This is real life,  not some fantasy. Back the club,  back the manager and back the team. Turn up,  pay up,  make a noise.  If you are unhappy then let the players know it in the traditional way but please stop spreading gloom and despondency on social media channels or through unsociable behaviour.  It only splits the support and weakens interest in the team. Rant over. I 

The forum won’t have many contributors if you want to stop meaningful debate :spud4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I agree with you about the 1st half display against Utd, I disagree about the supporters now being turned.  Everyone I spoke to (bar a couple) on Saturday are still firmly behind OK. If nothing else , the fear of Gus returning is enough to keep fans onside. 

I'm sure Kearney isn't naive enough to know that results must start happening soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Saints, though, are still bottom of the Premiership and on Saturday were knocked out of the Scottish Cup by Championship side DundeeUnited. Kearney says it’s not been an easy time but admits he has been at fault, too.

Erm we weren't when OK took over -  he did inherit a shitstorm on and off the field but that's why the job was available. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, munoz said:

Although I agree with you about the 1st half display against Utd, I disagree about the supporters now being turned.  Everyone I spoke to (bar a couple) on Saturday are still firmly behind OK. If nothing else , the fear of Gus returning is enough to keep fans onside. 

I'm sure Kearney isn't naive enough to know that results must start happening soon. 

We spoke with different buddies then. If you take a reading of comments on here and other social media since Saturday, then its obvious opinion is tipping away from Oran. The Gus factor gives a fair few the heebegeebees, but you would hope the board get a reading on where the fans are at if they move Oran on, and dont go down that route. Gordon has said in the past, when Rae got punted he wasnt keen on Gus as, in his words "he could only take you so far"

small things in Oran's favour are the next two games away from the SDA and the inevitable howling that would follow heavy defeats there now. Unfortunately those games are at Pittodrie & Tynecastle where we have already shipped goals for fun this season. If he got a point out of either of those two, and could come back and out fight LiviY, then i think he could stand a chance of seeing out the season.

lose these two away heavily, then succumbing to Livvy at home would be the straw that broke the faithful's back. Having to watch those hammer throwers strutting round our stadium, safely nestled in the premiership for another season.

so my prediction is if he loses these three, then he will have lost the support, and as we know there's never a way back from that. Suggestions that we should stick with him anyway, and rebuild for next season in the championship just dont take inti account the apathy, and huge loss in attendance revenue that the club would suffer at each home game until the end of the season.

if he knocks 500 punters paying £22 each off the gate thats £11k a game, and £66 - 77k by season end, more if the apathy is deeper and our fate sealed. Its actually more cost effective to get someone else in, especially if they somehow manage to keep you up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So even though its now "Oran's Team" even he is desperately jumping on the "A big boy called Alan did it, then ran away"?

wtf? After the club and support getting behind his appointment, allowing him to sign probably the three highest earners outside the window, plus letting him bring in another whole squad, and paying up contracts and his compo, and having twenty odd games to make his mark.... now its all Stubbs fault? 

Saturday, his approach to that in fear of a lower league side, a woeful first half display, with incomprehensible tactics was the tipping point! Thats when the support turned. Interviews like this will not bring fans back on side. He is setting himself up for a fall as he isnt ( like saturday)playing a single Stubbs signing. So whose responsible for this current 'shit storm' Oran..?

Don't wait till he is sacked - you apply now and let's see your pitch! You still have not told us the one position Brown plays yet?  :headbang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, munoz said:

The BoD made a huge mistake appointing Stubbs and abdicating recruitment to him. The craic that Gordon and Tony give about us being top 4 or top 6 seems to scare sane manager's senseless and our budget looks to be insufficient to attract the right calibre of player to the Club. Oran knew all this and has the balls to take the job. I am right behind him and I don't believe we will finish bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, magnus said:

The BoD made a huge mistake appointing Stubbs and abdicating recruitment to him. The craic that Gordon and Tony give about us being top 4 or top 6 seems to scare sane manager's senseless and our budget looks to be insufficient to attract the right calibre of player to the Club. Oran knew all this and has the balls to take the job. I am right behind him and I don't believe we will finish bottom.

So Gordon & Tony's "Craic" scared off the sane managers..? Well that explains why we are, where we are and spending more than the sane mangers wanted as a budget initially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The forum won’t have many contributors if you want to stop meaningful debate :spud4

I always think that it is helpful to hear opposing perspectives. The truth usually lies between the extreme views.

If it helps folk to vent their frustration - then fine. But sometimes some of the negative stuff is complete and utter nonsense, pure ignorance and petulant. I guess most discerning fans will spot that, however, sadly this kind of negative propaganda gets believed by some and then it grows arms and legs.

Oran is much more than just a nice guy who gave up teaching to be our manager. I wonder how many people have any clue the amount of hours and dedication he has been putting in? It is time for the internal hurts to be fought out against the opposition teams and for results to begin to go the right way more often now.

But Oran is here till the end of this season at least and as long as we stay up, he will have done a very good job overall. The sooner we stay up the better than is in planning for next season. (Which will be in the Premiership!)   :magic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So Gordon & Tony's "Craic" scared off the sane managers..? Well that explains why we are, where we are and spending more than the sane mangers wanted as a budget initially.

Don't think the craic has helped us LPM. I get that the BoD are enthusiastic fans but I think football managers at our level are a stoic and realistic bunch - almost a clique. Unbridled optimism seems to have worked against us. Don't know anything about budgets but certainly looks like we have wasted a ton on getting rid of poor hires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, magnus said:

Don't think the craic has helped us LPM. I get that the BoD are enthusiastic fans but I think football managers at our level are a stoic and realistic bunch - almost a clique. Unbridled optimism seems to have worked against us. Don't know anything about budgets but certainly looks like we have wasted a ton on getting rid of poor hires.

Indeed, Oran has imo three games to convince the support he should keep the job. They are difficult games, but he has let chances in previous winning positions slip away. He can only play the hand in front of him now, its his team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure when OK sets training he doesnt attack into players, tell them they are all shite and the fact that he has a teaching job lined up when it all goes tits up. I am not happy with results or the fact we seem to have the inability to change things, but damn sure I will be supporting OK and the team until something changes. Thats a no brainer....

If Oran gets canned then the BOD have to admit they have failed........................... so GLS should come out now and say he backs OK and the team and that we will turn it around or die trying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Indeed, Oran has imo three games to convince the support he should keep the job. They are difficult games, but he has let chances in previous winning positions slip away. He can only play the hand in front of him now, its his team.

It is and without bringing gel back into it he just needs a wee bit time and we should be fine.

hqdefault (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, magnus said:

It is and without bringing gel back into it he just needs a wee bit time and we should be fine.

hqdefault (1).jpg

I admire your optimism, but the fact is Oran doesnt have time. Thats gone now.

looking at the next five games before we face Dundee, I dont see us picking up a point on our/opponents current form. But i do see Dundee & Hamilton getting something in their five games, and if they pick up four or five points, it would mean at that point we would have to win something like five of our last eight games!

if they open up that gap on us then drawing against them is useless to us, especially if its only them picking up points against other opposition.

Oran now needs to perfom miracles to get something in the next three games that will give the squad, and the support something to hang onto..!

thats how hard his task has become, and going by his newspaper interview it looks like he is getting his excuses in well in advance. We now need a BOUNCE, a result against the form book! If Oran cant deliver it, then the board need to act or we will be all but confirmed down by the split.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I admire your optimism, but the fact is Oran doesnt have time. Thats gone now.

looking at the next five games before we face Dundee, I dont see us picking up a point on our/opponents current form. But i do see Dundee & Hamilton getting something in their five games, and if they pick up four or five points, it would mean at that point we would have to win something like five of our last eight games!

if they open up that gap on us then drawing against them is useless to us, especially if its only them picking up points against other opposition.

Oran now needs to perfom miracles to get something in the next three games that will give the squad, and the support something to hang onto..!

thats how hard his task has become, and going by his newspaper interview it looks like he is getting his excuses in well in advance. We now need a BOUNCE, a result against the form book! If Oran cant deliver it, then the board need to act or we will be all but confirmed down by the split.

I think we both hope I'm right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The forum won’t have many contributors if you want to stop meaningful debate :spud4

Meaningful debate is great.  Merely whining achieves nothing positive.  IMO Albion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I am sure when OK sets training he doesnt attack into players, tell them they are all shite and the fact that he has a teaching job lined up when it all goes tits up. I am not happy with results or the fact we seem to have the inability to change things, but damn sure I will be supporting OK and the team until something changes. Thats a no brainer....

If Oran gets canned then the BOD have to admit they have failed........................... so GLS should come out now and say he backs OK and the team and that we will turn it around or die trying

I agree. I would like to see GLS give OK the same backing he gave Jack by coming out and saying OK will be our manager next season no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×