Jump to content

TopCat

Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

Recommended Posts


4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I'm not one to blow my own trumpet (but probably wouldnt leave the house if i could) but i said when he was appointed that Kearney should have had a clause in his contract compelling him to move within a reasonable commute by say end of Jan 2019.

i have written clauses like that into numerous contracts, and been compelled to abide by them in my own contracts. It really shows the club up as rank amateurs who cant recruit a reasonable manager, and when they do there is nothing but speculation linking them with moves away, forcing them to keep improving the managers contract in a desperate bid to keep them.

that coupled with Scott going to the media trying to force Kearney's hand in public to move is just plain amateur dramatics!

and a helluve a lot of "Wee Man" syndrome.

 

Why do you start a post with "I'm not one to blow my own trumpet" and then proceed to...blow your own trumpet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I'm not one to blow my own trumpet (but probably wouldnt leave the house if i could) but i said when he was appointed that Kearney should have had a clause in his contract compelling him to move within a reasonable commute by say end of Jan 2019.

i have written clauses like that into numerous contracts, and been compelled to abide by them in my own contracts. It really shows the club up as rank amateurs who cant recruit a reasonable manager, and when they do there is nothing but speculation linking them with moves away, forcing them to keep improving the managers contract in a desperate bid to keep them.

that coupled with Scott going to the media trying to force Kearney's hand in public to move is just plain amateur dramatics!

and a helluve a lot of "Wee Man" syndrome.

 

Another good shout. I have been so obsessed with the height of our strike force that I had forgotten just how wee Gordon and Gus are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m sure that was the clause that allowed ra Sellick to punt Macari all those years ago.
If stories are to be believed, it’s an utter clusterf**k and the last 12 months starts to make you lose confidence or faith in the board and Chief Exec.
It's not about the board. The chairman owns the majority of the shares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I think Kearney will go now, I can't see it going any other way.

He has options back in NI and I don't think he's convinced moving his family over etc is the way to go in the short term. GLS is looking for certainty and Kearney can't and won't give it so I think they'll part.

Both are correct in their stance IMO

On a positive note, Jim McIntyre is available again. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I'm not one to blow my own trumpet (but probably wouldnt leave the house if i could) but i said when he was appointed that Kearney should have had a clause in his contract compelling him to move within a reasonable commute by say end of Jan 2019.

i have written clauses like that into numerous contracts, and been compelled to abide by them in my own contracts. It really shows the club up as rank amateurs who cant recruit a reasonable manager, and when they do there is nothing but speculation linking them with moves away, forcing them to keep improving the managers contract in a desperate bid to keep them.

that coupled with Scott going to the media trying to force Kearney's hand in public to move is just plain amateur dramatics!

and a helluve a lot of "Wee Man" syndrome.

 

Great Bill Hicks quote to start with btw.  I don't see why he would have to move if it is working out.  What's up with him leaving on a Saturday and back on a Monday morning,? Depending on if there was a mid-week game or not of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, magnus said:

On Twitter now that the issue might be disagreements over the signing policy of our Director of Football - wee angry to you and me.

That wouldn't surprise me , wee angry is a weasel. He had nothing to do with the European lads that came in , and supposedly wanted nothing to do with them because he thought they would fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

On a positive note, Jim McIntyre is available again. 🤣

Aye from the guy who thinks there is no physical contact in football today. 

So is your man Stubbs ya rocket

Edited by lenziebud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elvis said:
4 minutes ago, magnus said:
On Twitter now that the issue might be disagreements over the signing policy of our Director of Football - wee angry to you and me.

More made up pish

Friday - the new pish day :guinness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kearney's position should have been utter threat even without all the talk of backroom falling out. The majority of the season we were utterly awful, and our run towards the end wasn't full of massively convincing performances. We survived on penalty kicks. With an awful Hamilton team finishing above us and generally having the better of us. For me, he just didn't show enough tactical or man management skills to consistently get the team looking competitive on the park.

It's bizarre that Kearney didn't have a replacement for Rice or Nicol lined up for the end of the season, when one had gone, and he must have known the other was gone as well. That suggests that there's been some uncertainty for some time.

Scott doesn't have a great record with picking managers, but he's backed every single one that he's had in terms of bringing in players. Only Alex Rae hasn't been allowed to sign an entire new squad, and that's because he was already in place and unwanted.

The ideal situation is Coleraine or another Irish team give us some compensation for Kearney and we move in a different direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Oh if he goes and it's for the reasons that are now being speculated (ie. budgetary issues and NOT homesickness) , the board have to live with the fact that there is going to be a groundswell of public opinion that's about to turn on them in a big way for letting him up sticks and leave over their lack of funds to back up anything approaching the overabundance of ambition.

If the reasons for him going ARE that, I'll be f**king raging.

Why would you be raging? The budget is the budget.  If he doesn't like it he can leave.

A club our size cant spend money we don't have. We've been down that road before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lenziebud said:

Good news IMO. Goodwin has done a brilliant job at Alloa and is a stick on for me if Kearney goes.

I'll wait and see what happens first, but I think some supporters are blinkered when it comes to JG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, munoz said:

I'll wait and see what happens first, but I think some supporters are blinkered when it comes to JG.

I'm not I thought we moved him on as a player at the right time but as a manager he's done superb. Good option IMO but all appointments are a risk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LargsBud said:

Why would you be raging? The budget is the budget.  If he doesn't like it he can leave.

A club our size cant spend money we don't have. We've been down that road before.

Fair enough but if the budget is 12th biggest the chances are we will finish 11th at best. Finishing high in the bottom six brings financial rewards and we can kick on. Relegation is a disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lenziebud said:

I'm not I thought we moved him on as a player at the right time but as a manager he's done superb. Good option IMO but all appointments are a risk

Was instrumental in getting us relegated last time, and if he gets the job (if its available), I'm pretty sure he'll do that again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

So is Stubbs ya rocket

Yes but posting that would have made no sense when I was having a dig at you over your emotional meltdown over us not signing McIntyre last year.

I would have thought that was obvious but maybe you're having a bad day at the office today. 🤣

Find someone to give you a cuddle and cheer up, ya torn faced nugget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Yes but posting that would have made no sense when I was having a dig at you over your emotional meltdown over us not signing McIntyre last year.

I would have thought that was obvious but maybe you're having a bad day at the office today. 🤣

Find someone to give you a cuddle and cheer up, ya torn faced nugget.

No I was having a really good day until you popped up. I think that's a feeling that most people on hear have with yourself. 

Eh emotional meltdown over a silly wee forum is not me !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...