Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

My niece is a hairdresser and cuts his hair he told her he wont be moving to paisley so it's a no brainer it was never going to work I thought he would have left earlier to be honest.

I think this hit the nail. Rumours were he was looking at Bridge of Weir ( were I went to the Cubs 71-73 :whistle)

Clearly he is wanting to commute and GLS wants him close at hand- conflict- Stand Off - New Manager

25 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Why would you be raging? The budget is the budget.  If he doesn't like it he can leave.

A club our size cant spend money we don't have. We've been down that road before.

I would be raging at the continual  public spouting that the SHOULD be top 4 or top 6.

It drives people away, it potentially puts new mangers and signing under undue pressure. 

It shouldn't even be getting spoken about unless they are willing to cough up a budget to match their quite frankly, idiotic public expectations. If the budget is the reason then they are 100% at fault for bringing up the nonsensical expections but wanting it done on the cheap. 

Edited by djchapsticks

The commute thing could be a cover up when in fact Kearney is not happy with how the board went behind his back and appointed Gus who now controls all signings. He probably has kept his mouth shut until the end of the season and has now addressed it with the board.

Our chairman also then goes on TV and discusses Kearney’s commuting publicly. Kearney probably brought this issue up now that they’re all back again and it’s kicked off from there. 

1 minute ago, guinness said:

Really not bothered if he stays or goes. Should have been sorted the day after the Dundee united game.

Exactly, we never learn. Nothing gets done until everyone’s back from holiday. That’s not how you run a top flight football club!!

Edited by Big Yards

6 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

There’s something about GLS and the board and how they’ve dealt with things in the last couple of years that doesn’t sit well. 

Goodwin might sense that and turn the job down if we approach him.

I think a fair few decent potential managers would view it the same. The job has become a poison chalice working with our chairman.

12 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

There’s something about GLS and the board and how they’ve dealt with things in the last couple of years that doesn’t sit well. 

Goodwin might sense that and turn the job down if we approach him.

If these rumours are true, is there likely to a queue of managers willing to work with our trigger happy chairman ?

16 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Exactly, we never learn. Nothing gets done until everyone’s back from holiday. That’s not how you run a top flight football club!!

Exactly, but it seems this club continually conspires to not be a top flight club despite its fans unconditional support.

Currently issues clearly emanating from the BoD and Executive level. It's just lunacy and a seeming inability to deal professionally with this business. Barnum and Bailey must be in these meetings somewhere.

We must be the most consistently bonkers and fruit bat mad club to support.

I'm surprised that so many people seem to think Scott is the problem. I wouldn't call him trigger happy because he's got rid of poor managers.

Rae and Stubbs definitely fall into that category, and Kearney is on the cusp.

Every manager we've had under Scott, bar Rae, has been allowed to sign close to entirely new squad, hardly a poisonous act.

MacPhersons appointment appears to have worked with our January signings, and it's vital that we have someone at the club with the oversight and knowledge of transfer dealings. Along with another pair of eyes to scout opposition and players.

He got it wrong with Stubbs, quickly made a change to fix that, and although I don't think Kearney is the right choice, plenty of fans do, but our overall form and performances under him is enough to get rid of him, even without any other background drama.

8 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

The commute thing could be a cover up when in fact Kearney is not happy with how the board went behind his back and appointed Gus who now controls all signings. He probably has kept his mouth shut until the end of the season and has now addressed it with the board.

Our chairman also then goes on TV and discusses Kearney’s commuting publicly. Kearney probably brought this issue up now that they’re all back again and it’s kicked off from there. 

Oran Kearney has chosen to continue to base himself in Ireland. This may be due to pressure from his missus, or it may be that he lacks confidence in his ability to crack it at a higher level than the Irish Pants League. Either way I think it is totally reasonable that our BoD demand that he commits his future 100 per cent to St Mirren or we allow him to cash in his chips. We need to know NOW what his ambitions are and whether or not these are a fit for the ambitions of our BoD.

If not, he has to depart with our thanks and best wishes. Last season is in the past but we can only look ahead to 2019/20 and beyond. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, aldo_j said:
I’m sure that was the clause that allowed ra Sellick to punt Macari all those years ago.
If stories are to be believed, it’s an utter clusterf**k and the last 12 months starts to make you lose confidence or faith in the board and Chief Exec.

It's not about the board. The chairman owns the majority of the shares.

Not necessarily. Most businesses have shareholders, but appoint a chief executive to make all the decisions, or the business decisions. I’d say we’ve got a weak Chief Exec.

Certainly the case in the company I work for. Family still own a large chunk of the company, but the Chief Exec makes all the calls. 

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Oran Kearney has chosen to continue to base himself in Ireland. This may be due to pressure from his missus, or it may be that he lacks confidence in his ability to crack it at a higher level than the Irish Pants League. Either way I think it is totally reasonable that our BoD demand that he commits his future 100 per cent to St Mirren or we allow him to cash in his chips. We need to know NOW what his ambitions are and whether or not these are a fit for the ambitions of our BoD.

If not, he has to depart with our thanks and best wishes. Last season is in the past but we can only look ahead to 2019/20 and beyond. 

Or alternatively, OK is reluctant to commit to moving his family over here, his wife giving up her job, kids changing schools, when he thinks GLS may get trigger happy and give him the sack if we're in the lower reaches of the league next season. Football management is a precarious business, it's not like a job with the council.

If OK want to travel back and forward from Northern Ireland, then I don't see what the problem is as long as it is him paying the travel cost. 

Newco management team both do it from England and it doesn't seem to be a problem for them.

GS is getting slaughters for management signing, and rightly so, but surely nothing was ever worst as Gilmour giving the job to Tommy Craig :lol:

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Or alternatively, OK is reluctant to commit to moving his family over here, his wife giving up her job, kids changing schools, when he thinks GLS may get trigger happy and give him the sack if we're in the lower reaches of the league next season. Football management is a precarious business, it's not like a job with the council.

I think we are actually in agreement. For his own reasons OK can't commit so perhaps the end is nigh.