Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

Surely this nothing more than rumour. The season is only 4 weeks away and if OK was leaving he would’ve done so after the playoff final. A fortnight to get a replacement and then we’re weeks behind everyone else yet again in the transfer market. I do not believe this but a statement from the club would clear it up

5 minutes ago, renfrew said:

If OK want to travel back and forward from Northern Ireland, then I don't see what the problem is as long as it is him paying the travel cost. 

Newco management team both do it from England and it doesn't seem to be a problem for them.

GS is getting slaughters for management signing, and rightly so, but surely nothing was ever worst as Gilmour giving the job to Tommy Craig :lol:

I think a possible issue with this is what I highlight earlier, in that on one hand the chairman says he's cool with Oran's commute, then on the other hand he feels it necessary to go to the media and question and put pressure on Oran, despite there being an obvious agreement in place.

managers whose family have grown up, and left home can deal with going home now and then. The board should have taken the decision away from Oran knowing his circumstances and said "this contract is based on you moving to a reasonable commute within 6-12 months" thereby looking out for his wellbeing, and the club's interests.

There's been enough folk online demanding the BoD puts the issue of OK not being settled to bed once and for all. "Just issue a statement and give us the stability we crave," people have said.

I assume the BoD also craved a bit of stability. 

So I also assume that getting Oran to move here was a big part of that. If he's dug his heels in, then something had to give.

I personally want to keep him, but it is what it is.

Just now, cambiebud said:

Surely this nothing more than rumour. The season is only 4 weeks away and if OK was leaving he would’ve done so after the playoff final. A fortnight to get a replacement and then we’re weeks behind everyone else yet again in the transfer market. I do not believe this but a statement from the club would clear it up

And if by magic....

" the board of SMFC can confirm Oran has had his bawz slapped for throwing coins, and spitting on injured opposition managers"

lol

55 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

The commute thing could be a cover up when in fact Kearney is not happy with how the board went behind his back and appointed Gus who now controls all signings. He probably has kept his mouth shut until the end of the season and has now addressed it with the board.

Our chairman also then goes on TV and discusses Kearney’s commuting publicly. Kearney probably brought this issue up now that they’re all back again and it’s kicked off from there. 

Yes that was a very odd thing for Scott to do.

Unless there is a problem with Oran commuting  which is having a clearly detrimental effect on his ability to do his job, then I can't for the life of me work out what f**king business it is of GLS.

Paying someone a wage does not give you the right to discuss or attempt to control their private lives in public. It's a breach of trust.

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm running out of popcorn, hard to keep up with the amount of guesswork/supposition/made up shite..................:rolleyes:

Need to nip down for more supplies, a way to go yet. :lol:

Got me through my day, away out on the piss now so I’ll get back to the entertainment tomorrow 🍿 

5 hours ago, paul torfason said:

My personal opinion is that most of our tactics,way we shape up,subs on and off was all Jimmy nichol decisions,never once seen him do anything without talking to nichol first then making decisions, and people saying it was gus that identified and signed January players ,not Kearney,so strange 

Do u honestly think Kearney had any say in the foreign signings? No chance...he wouldn't have known anything about them till they walked in door..