Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

Seems that OK led the club to believe that the commute would be a temporary arrangement. Now it's "well it all worked out so...."

Very difficult one. The club feel that trust has been broken and OK feels we're unreasonable.

Did Oran really think though that he could, indefinitely, be a full-time manager in Scotland whilst living in Northern Ireland? That's what I don't get...

mcinnes commutes from Houston to Aberdeen

Gerrard commutes from Liverpool to Glasgow

Don’t see them getting told where they need to base themselves yet still doing good jobs.

And it shouldn’t matter one bit for Kearney either all that should matter is if he’s doing a good job with st Mirren which he has done so far

I don't know if it's anything to go by but there is no mention of our friendly with Coleraine on their facebook page either. The only mention of a game for them is with Stranraer on July 6th.

Our club shouldn't have let this go so far unmentioned. It's not right that folk who have paid good money to travel to see our team are being left in the dark for so long while this is being played out in the media.

Don’t see them getting told where they need to base themselves yet still doing good jobs.

And it shouldn’t matter one bit for Kearney either all that should matter is if he’s doing a good job with st Mirren which he has done so far
Don't know about Mcinnes in Aberdeen but Gerrard certainly owns property in Glasgow.

The added thing with OK is the Coleraine situation. Word has got to them from his side to wait and see. That's dubious territory to say the least.

Don't know about Mcinnes in Aberdeen but Gerrard certainly owns property in Glasgow. 

The added thing with OK is the Coleraine situation. Word has got to them from his side to wait and see. That's dubious territory to say the least.

They all commute.

Families aren’t based in the cities where they manage the clubs makes no difference if Gerrard has the money to go splash buying a house rather than renting or whatever.

How do you know it’s from his side it was the Scottish media who let it out first not the northern Irish could easily be GS or anyone else who was involved in the meeting letting slip to someone.

36 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Benitez commutes from Liverpool to Newcastle.

41 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Seems that OK led the club to believe that the commute would be a temporary arrangement. Now it's "well it all worked out so...."

Very difficult one. The club feel that trust has been broken and OK feels we're unreasonable.

Did Oran really think though that he could, indefinitely, be a full-time manager in Scotland whilst living in Northern Ireland? That's what I don't get...

I'm not sure what OKs wife's profession is, though OK has already given up the PE teacher role to move over here into FT football. His wife would need to find a similar role if she moved over here. Something that may not be so simple.

Its a tough call, though OK must have known long term he would need to consider moving the family here. The problem is however, our track record of having long term managers is not great.

On the flip side, it's hard to believe what story is true. Someone has said OK bought a house in Bridge of Weir recently which would obviously show commitment to moving here permanently.

Benitez commutes from Liverpool to Newcastle.

Yep and a flight that takes around 30mins is suppose to be a huge problem.

I’m pretty sure we have had plenty of players that it would take longer for them to drive to the training ground or stadium everyday than it would take Oran to get to the airport and fly over.

SMFC gave OK his first ever pro contract in football.

Less than a year later he's struggling to decide which of the following he wants:

1. A FT PE teacher and football manager Tuesday, Thursday nights and Saturday afternoons.

2. St Mirren manager.

For him to be even considering these would make me think he's maybe not the man moving forward.

16 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Its a tough call, though OK must have known long term he would need to consider moving the family here. The problem is however, our track record of having long term managers is not great.

I don’t see the point in most managers moving their families tbh. It’s rare that a manager gets to keep his job long term at most clubs before they have to relocate again in their next job.

SMFC gave OK his first ever pro contract in football.

Less than a year later he's struggling to decide which of the following he wants:

1. A FT PE teacher and football manager Tuesday, Thursday nights and Saturday afternoons.

2. St Mirren manager.

For him to be even considering these would make me think he's maybe not the man moving forward.

Gonna please stop posting utter shite!!

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I've yet to see any article which has quotes from any of the individuals involved in this speculation.

The usual shit journalism. 

The end result of this is also going to be damaging whatever happens. If Kearney stays and this whole thing was a pile of shite, it won’t have stopped some from taking a poorer view of Scott anyway.