TopCat

Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

I'm not bothered about Kearney going. He is an average manager. I thought he would resign after the play offs as he clearly wasn't fully committed. It's the timing that bugs me. Leaves us scampering around to put a team together. Yet another manager telling the fans how wonderful they are  leaving us in the lurch. Remember Jack Ross. At least Stubbs shite as he was didn't kid on he was interested. We cannot mess around recruiting by considering applications. We need to appoint now. Probably McPherson if Goodwin is too difficult. 

I believe, for once, we are not at fault.

Oran wanted a year in the big playground. He had it.

But it finished in May and he should have returned to his Teaching Job and Coleraine FC then.

No way should there be an additional pay off.

He done his stint and was paid what he was due.

Is there an Agent lurking, being a greedy cnut  ?

Give him feck all, Gordon.

9 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Oran is quite clever here bad enough twice weekly trips to NI but to turn this into a daily commute is frankly outrageous wouldn’t pay him a penny in compo he is going back to teaching and will most certainly be Colraine manager very clever chappie.

If what is said is true then Oran should be paying St Mirren compo.

It would appear everyone wants,thinks Goody will come home? I hope he does. But if he doesn't we are in big trouble again, advertising for a new manager, due diligence and all that, season starts in three weeks and we don't have a manager or enough players to fill a team it's not right.

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

No it isn't. We are talking about football, not curing cancer.

No job is 24/7. Not even "virtually".

The man is entitled to a couple of down days a week and no employer has the right to interfere in what he does during that time unless it is affecting his work the other 5 days (and I don't mean trivial things like missing out on scouting a match - he would have to be working two 18 hours shifts and then turning up to work on the red eye and falling asleep during training).

What is your fascination with Cancer. Very inappropiate link. Oran took this job on.... he chooses to live in NI. And a successful coach eats and sleeps football. If he wants family then he never should have left his last job.

3 minutes ago, Jrok said:

It would appear everyone wants,thinks Goody will come home? I hope he does. But if he doesn't we are in big trouble again, advertising for a new manager, due diligence and all that, season starts in three weeks and we don't have a manager or enough players to fill a team it's not right.

Not everyone wants.

If what is being said is true and he does want to travel back and forward everyday, then that does change everything i feel. I just wonder how he could afford to pay for a daily commute with the wages we would be paying him. He certainly shouldn't be getting a playoff. Maybe the club should put him on gardening leave knowing the 2 jobs in Ireland aren't going to be there for long and force his hand.

What is your fascination with Cancer. Very inappropiate link. Oran took this job on.... he chooses to live in NI. And a successful coach eats and sleeps football. If he wants family then he never should have left his last job.
As you said, why did he want the job in the 1st place ?

1 minute ago, renfrew said:

If what is being said is true and he does want to travel back and forward everyday, then that does change everything i feel. I just wonder how he could afford to pay for a daily commute with the wages we would be paying him. He certainly shouldn't be getting a playoff. Maybe the club should put him on gardening leave knowing the 2 jobs in Ireland aren't going to be there for long and force his hand.

Nah, he's had his play off victory, but he's gonna lose his pay off

2 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

We'll all look back fondly on the time a drillie from Norn Iron came over to keep us in the premier league then returned to his packed lunch in the staff room.

I get the family thing but you have to wonder about Oran's professional sanity down the line. What will be going through his mind when he's putting away the badminton nets or berating a wean for not bringing in his PE kit when, if he'd kept his mouth shut, he could have been preparing us for a trip to Parkhead or whatever?

I honestly think there’s more to this than being a PE teacher/away from home.

Something must have come up in discussions between Oran and the board which one side has not been happy with the demands or expectations of the other. And GS/TF have previous for this.

13 hours ago, norman said:

Has Kearney actually been quoted saying that? I know people don't like Scott, for whatever reasons, and Kearney did well in the end for us, but this all coming out just as Coleraine announce they've missed out on their latest manager target and the position is still open seems very convenient. I'm not sure Kearney will be looking for a payoff, but I think he'll be looking to negotiate something to allow him to walk away without us going after Coleraine for tapping him up and looking for compensation.

Kearney offered to continue doing his job under the custom & practice his employers allowed. His employers have tried to change that custom & practice without agreement. They have now banned him from taking training, which is essentially a suspension. Oran can now take the club for every penny he is due in his contract, plus damages for stress and his good standing as a professional football manager.

Given what this will cost, and whatever additional costs bringing in a new guy might entail i can see the old firm getting all four stands for every game!

and do you know how easily it could have been resolved??? By offering him an improved deal on condition he moves by the agreed deadline. So what was a minor issue, has by ego been allowed to completely derail the club. Piss poor amateurs.

tell me how good does it feel

to have wee anxious back at the wheel?

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Kearney offered to continue doing his job under the custom & practice his employers allowed. His employers have tried to change that custom & practice without agreement. They have now banned him from taking training, which is essentially a suspension. Oran can now take the club for every penny he is due in his contract, plus damages for stress and his good standing as a professional football manager.

Given what this will cost, and whatever additional costs bringing in a new guy might entail i can see the old firm getting all four stands for every game!

and do you know how easily it could have been resolved??? By offering him an improved deal on condition he moves by the agreed deadline. So what was a minor issue, has by ego been allowed to completely derail the club. Piss poor amateurs.

tell me how good does it feel

to have wee anxious back at the wheel?

How do you know any of this? You think it's just an amazing coincidence all this happened just as Kearney's old job became available again? 

1 minute ago, norman said:

How do you know any of this? You think it's just an amazing coincidence all this happened just as Kearney's old job became available again? 

How much do you think five or six return flights a week cost? Do you think Kearney could afgord that ffs!

the rest i know because the chairman has spaffed it all over the media that he wants to change the custom & practice the club allowed Kearney to commute at the end/start of his working week. An improved deal could have sorted it, now the Kearney family will have a nice big lump sum to set them up for the future, and Coleraine will be pisding themselves laughing at getting back for nothing. In fact smfc will still owe Coleraine if they dont play the friendly!

Now , the rumours are that Ok wanted to commute daily . I’ve said before I’d no issue with people commuting but just think of the logistics in this case, IF , and I stress IF this is indeed his request.

First flight from Belfast intl is 07:45 this would entail OK leaving home at 06:00 approx . Get to Ralston about 9:00

Return flights from Paisley international leave diff times each day between 15:30 -16:45 . This could mean him leaving after only 5 hours on site (incl lunch ) on at least a couple of days . Not ideal for the club or players .
From OKs perspective , I would say continued 12 hour days with two flights a day would pretty quickly take its toll on the man .....and his family life.

Sorry saga , hope it gets sorted soon.

Sorry for sounding like a travel agent again but with the amount of travel, driving and flying I do myself , I can tell you it is not the ideal scenario .

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Now , the rumours are that Ok wanted to commute daily . I’ve said before I’d no issue with people commuting but just think of the logistics in this case, IF , and I stress IF this is indeed his request.

First flight from Belfast intl is 07:45 this would entail OK leaving home at 06:00 approx . Get to Ralston about 9:00

Return flights from Paisley international leave diff times each day between 15:30 -16:45 . This could mean him leaving after only 5 hours on site (incl lunch ) on at least a couple of days . Not ideal for the club or players .
From OKs perspective , I would say continued 12 hour days with two flights a day would pretty quickly take its toll on the man .....and his family life.

Sorry saga , hope it gets sorted soon.

Sorry for sounding like a travel agent again but with the amount of travel, driving and flying I do myself , I can tell you it is not the ideal scenario .

To summarise...............daily commute is a load of made up shite? 

Nothing surprises me with some people wanting to believe ANYTHING. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

How much do you think five or six return flights a week cost? Do you think Kearney could afgord that ffs!

the rest i know because the chairman has spaffed it all over the media that he wants to change the custom & practice the club allowed Kearney to commute at the end/start of his working week. An improved deal could have sorted it, now the Kearney family will have a nice big lump sum to set them up for the future, and Coleraine will be pisding themselves laughing at getting back for nothing. In fact smfc will still owe Coleraine if they dont play the friendly!

No, I don't think Kearney had any intention of commuting each day. I don't think he had any intention of remaining at St Mirren at all, has already sold his house in Paisley, and has been working his ticket hoping for a payoff and making sure Coleraine don't have to pay compensation, before his safety net disappears. But at the end of the day, I know as much as you.