Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

Watched Oran's interview at Coleraine.

He is VERY flat there. No smiles or any real warmth.

He is clearly unhappy and interesting that he mentioned a period of grief too.

I don't detect any genuine enthusiasm from him here.

Clearly he wanted to stay here and has been forced out for whatever reason.

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's a hard one how it all came about. He did what was asked he also sold out the stadium a first. I had the pleasure of having a chat with him. He gave you the time in a very genuine manner. Was very impressed with Oran. Hope it was not done in a bad way he was a good man who deserves to succeed he clearly has what it takes. Where is the interview? 

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Watch out, FTOF will be along with a slur on you for suggesting such a thing. 

I had a small bit of info today when I was down in Paisley that it clearly was not his choice. :zipit

Many of the staff were very disappointed in how things ended. 

I love being ITK..........................at last. :clapping

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It does feel that way. I think it says a lot that Oran mentioned his thanks specifically to Tony in the leaving letter. I do genuinely believe Oran was pushed out. 

Just now, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Erm, no...the fans did that. Even if we had no manager going into the 2nd leg of a playoff final at home on level terms, the game would have sold out.

You need a leader Tom one that connects Oran did. W7 is certainly helping things and great to hear they are going to help out the younger ones with a mini drum. If more young ones come along it will make them want to come back. The most import is the product on the pitch and how we play which takes me back to a leader. 

Sad days if true that he wanted to stay & was forced out, hope not. Wouldn’t be surprised though hasn’t been exactly great since GLS took over.

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

Some absolute mutants in our support reading some of the abuse Oran is getting on social media really makes me ashamed to support the same club as these clowns.

Thankfully not on Facebook or Twitter but can imagine. Some of the comments on here and P&B are bad enough.  

GLS is on his wee power trip , but if things go badly wrong this season his actions will come back to haunt him.

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

Thankfully not on Facebook or Twitter but can imagine. Some of the comments on here and P&B are bad enough.  

GLS is on his wee power trip , but if things go badly wrong this season his actions will come back to haunt him.

If I'm honest I'm on Orans side. But and it's a big BUT there is alway's two sides to a story. Dont believe for a moment it was a comuting problem. This is not what we need heading into the season with club hero Jim Goodwin. Jim will get our backing. 

Despite a massive turnover in playing staff, we were no better at the end than when the snake [emoji216] took over.

Indeed, leaving aside McAllister, there were more outfield Stubbs’ signings in the play off starting sides that kept us up than Kearney signings! [emoji1]

A hopeless manager well out of his depth.

Goodbye to bad rubbish [emoji112]

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Whatever

What is getting on ma moobs

6 weeks ago it was known that Oran Kearney would be no longer St Mirren manager

Why fecking wait for the day the players returned for pre-season training to more or less announce so

Behind in getting players in AGAIN

Starting to look like the summer when Tommy Craig took over scrambling over trialists for players

JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If I'm honest I'm on Orans side. But and it's a big BUT there is alway's two sides to a story. Dont believe for a moment it was a comuting problem. This is not what we need heading into the season with club hero Jim Goodwin. Jim will get our backing. 

Managers come and go, and as a supporter I get that we all have different opinions on their successes or lack of them. We all have our favourites and our disliked. What has annoyed me with this latest episode isn't just OK being mutualed/sacked, it's the way it was done.

He deserved much more respect and gratitude than he got. 

The team will always get my support- the chairman I'm not so sure.

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

Whatever

What is getting on ma moobs

6 weeks ago it was known that Oran Kearney would be no longer St Mirren manager

Why fecking wait for the day the players returned for pre-season training to more or less announce so

Behind in getting players in AGAIN

Starting to look like the summer when Tommy Craig took over scrambling over trialists for players

JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH

If we had loosened the purse strings to sign Popescu and Hodson - both wanted to stay- we would have the core of a right good team. That's GLS and Gus's job.

17 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Despite a massive turnover in playing staff, we were no better at the end than when the snake emoji216.png took over.

Indeed, leaving aside McAllister, there were more outfield Stubbs’ signings in the play off starting sides that kept us up than Kearney signings! emoji1.png

A hopeless manager well out of his depth.

Goodbye to bad rubbish emoji112.png

Just to be clear, are you randomly  “leaving aside McAllister” so your story works? 🤣

What a desperate loser. 🤣🤣

20 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Some absolute mutants in our support reading some of the abuse Oran is getting on social media really makes me ashamed to support the same club as these clowns.

And the same mutants were attacking the chairman only a few days ago, :rolleyes:  don't forget we lynched 7 innocent buddies just because some wee 10 year old lassie said they were making her feel sick, we love a good lynching in this toon.   Oran and Gordon can thank there lucky stars they weren't burnt at the stake.... St Mirren have been making us ill for years  :lol:

20 minutes ago, munoz said:

Managers come and go, and as a supporter I get that we all have different opinions on their successes or lack of them. We all have our favourites and our disliked. What has annoyed me with this latest episode isn't just OK being mutualed/sacked, it's the way it was done.

He deserved much more respect and gratitude than he got. 

The team will always get my support- the chairman I'm not so sure.

Spot on mate. 

15 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Indeed, leaving aside McAllister, there were more outfield Stubbs’ signings in the play off starting sides that kept us up than Kearney signings! emoji1.png

Yes, let’s ignore the existence of both Kyle McAllister and Vaclav Hladky (you know, the man who saved three penalties to seal our survival) to try and prove a ridiculous point :1eye

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Yes, let’s ignore the existence of both Kyle McAllister and Vaclav Hladky (you know, the man who saved three penalties to seal our survival) to try and prove a ridiculous point :1eye

Could probably add another 4 or 5 OK signings to that list. Cant believe someone is still fighting Stubbs corner. 

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Could probably add another 4 or 5 OK signings to that list. Cant believe someone is still fighting Stubbs corner. 

Tbf it’s the typical wind up merchant - back Stubbs up with pointless statistics (only got 4 games instead of 9), miss out the goalkeeper to try and fit an agenda, claim Oran was shite because we finished 11th instead of saying no one expected survival after what Stubbs did. We shouldn’t reply but sometimes you have to face stupid head on.