Top Five Grounds in Scotland

St.Ricky

I'd love to be able to say the Simple Digital Arena. It's growing on me,  slowly.  Naturally Love Street was my favourite. 

My Top Five Are

Tynecastle

Celtic Park 

Easter Road 

Murrayfield 

Ibrox

When full,  these grounds rock. 

Not always my choice of songs or chants,  but they rock. 

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'd love to be able to say the Simple Digital Arena. It's growing on me,  slowly.  Naturally Love Street was my favourite. 

My Top Five Are

Tynecastle

Celtic Park 

Easter Road 

Murrayfield 

Ibrox

When full,  these grounds rock. 

Not always my choice of songs or chants,  but they rock. 

Ricky, I truly hate to argue with a fellow auldie, but sometimes you really do offer up some utter SHITE. I'd say that 4 of your 5 grounds are poisonous arenas.

There are lots of Scottish grounds St Mirren fans have had to visit in recent seasons that offer up a superb match day experience or that simply create a feel good factor without the hideous poison or vitriol of some of the venues you have quoted.

And great pubs thereabouts.

For instance, Brechin City, Forfar, Ross County  ICT, Ayr Utd, Arbroath, Stranraer, and several more. Super wee towns to visit, welcoming pubs, decent, dedicated fans, nae bigotry, nae hostility, nae pies thrown at us, nobody pissing on us from the stand above us, 

Even trips to Morton  !! 

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Ricky, I truly hate to argue with a fellow auldie, but sometimes you really do offer up some utter SHITE. I'd say that 4 of your 5 grounds are poisonous arenas.

There are lots of Scottish grounds St Mirren fans have had to visit in recent seasons that offer up a superb match day experience or that simply create a feel good factor without the hideous poison or vitriol of some of the venues you have quoted.

And great pubs thereabouts.

For instance, Brechin City, Forfar, Ross County  ICT, Ayr Utd, Arbroath, Stranraer, and several more. Super wee towns to visit, welcoming pubs, decent, dedicated fans, nae bigotry, nae hostility, nae pies thrown at us, nobody pissing on us from the stand above us, 

Even trips to Morton  !! 

Other views are welcome!

I'm not just talking for St Mirren games though but take your point on the "downsides" of four.

Fyor internationals I like Celtic Park and Ibrox.  For cup games, I've watched cup games when Tynecastle and Easter Road have been used as neutral venues. A match at Tynecastle between Aberdeen and Dundee United had a fantastic atmosphere. 

I do like your approach too. Brechin were especially welcoming. Ayr United are always an enjoyable visit.

Maybe you could start a Top 5 Day Out Thread. Many of those you mention have great days out attached to them whilst their stadiums have seen better days.

He knows exactly what he is doing :lol:

1. Starts another absurd and pointless thread

2. Plays the confused Grandpa Walton role and claims "Oh Jeez, I thought days out to Ibrox and Parkhead were always great"

3. Laughs as the bites come in and plays the magnanimous Grandpa Walton role and gives it the "other views are welcome. I for one love the diverse opinions on here..."

4. Suggests another idea for another pointless thread!

Ricky - GET. A. PROPER. FUKIN. HOBBY!

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

He knows exactly what he is doing :lol:

1. Starts another absurd and pointless thread

2. Plays the confused Grandpa Walton role and claims "Oh Jeez, I thought days out to Ibrox and Parkhead were always great"

3. Laughs as the bites come in and plays the magnanimous Grandpa Walton role and gives it the "other views are welcome. I for one love the diverse opinions on here..."

4. Suggests another idea for another pointless thread!

Ricky - GET. A. PROPER. FUKIN. HOBBY!

What you see is what you get (unfortunately).

Hobbies

Watching Saints

Golf in the summer

Cinema and theatre 

Eating Out

Reading 

I have a few to keep me going. 

But

I do like the stadiums I listed. 

I might not like some of the songs or chants there but I do like the stadiums. 

You clearly don't like either the stadiums or the fans. That's your right. 

10 hours ago, Doakes said:

1. Somerset Park - Ayr

Ayr-0-2-St-Mirren.jpg 

2. Newlandsfield - Pollok Juniors

3. Palmerston - QOTS

4. Cappielow - M*rt*n (bit of a controversial one but always enjoy games there)

5. East End Park - Dunfermline 

I like Somerset Park. Traditional old ground. Also enjoy Cappielow but not the Dublin end benches. Not sure about Palmers ton but do like East End Park. If they put I'm the 4th Stand at Falkirk Stadium it would get onto my 6-10 list. Never been inside Pollok Juniors ground. Also like Ñew Broomfield.

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I like Somerset Park. Traditional old ground. Also enjoy Cappielow but not the Dublin end benches. Not sure about Palmers ton but do like East End Park. If they put I'm the 4th Stand at Falkirk Stadium it would get onto my 6-10 list. Never been inside Pollok Juniors ground. Also like Ñew Broomfield.

Can’t stand Falkirk’s ground. Even with another stand it would still be soulless.

Tynecastle is always good for atmosphere but can’t put it in my top 5 because I f**king hate hearts :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Can’t stand Falkirk’s ground. Even with another stand it would still be soulless.

Tynecastle is always good for atmosphere but can’t put it in my top 5 because I f**king hate hearts :lol: 

I don't like their pitch but I've sat in their main stand when it was sold out in play offs and the ground rocks. Less so when I sit at the away end I have to admit. They need to raise funding to build it in conjunction with a hotel according to Alex Smith, our former manager.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:49 PM, Doakes said:

Even today.

• 4 months later...