Time for Change

DougJamie

Fellow Buddies

Whilst we all debate the team, the manager, the tactics, the results, the BOD and the rest

Maybe , the " fans " of Saints , ie the ones that actually support the team, whether its going to every match, every home game, some or not many due to distance, work and circumstances.

I would like to suggest we cleanse this Forum, once and for all........................or do we just want to be like some other sites and allow Trolls

Found this article - you may find it interesting

http://www.blogworld.com/2012/07/18/what-is-an-internet-troll-the-answer-might-surprise-you/

I suggest that constant negative offenders get bagged off this site.

The Sin Bin was originally the "Yellow" card. However those in, seem to be allowed to still ridicule , slate, hate, spit and make jokes about/ some other posters. Getting very personal.

Surely thats not acceptable, grown up behaviour.....

Let us supporters unite, we dont have to agree on everything, bar the team we support, good, bad or in most cases both  .

I say bag the obvious Trolls- for once and for all............................ are we not all a little bit fed up of constant abuse on what should be a forum based for Fans of St Mirren to comment ?

Edited by DougJamie

Agree, think it is time that Div assigned new Mods to the forum. I mind when I first joined the Mods normally contributed to the debates and advise some posters to watch what they were posting. I don't see that anymore. I would like to see the following:

1) If a thread is already being discussed then there is no need to start a new thread, simply add the content to the thread already running (Merge the thread);

2) People who starts threads and then post at least 3 or 4 responses before anyone contributes, these posts should be merged, this is simply post building;

3) New Mods advise of the rules that they are setting that everyone has to follow; and

4) The constant berating of fellow members simply because they don't agree with them has to stop

I still like some of the banter that I see on here and some of the banter that I take part in but I'm big enough and certainly ugly enough to know that if I give it out I have to take it back. 

45 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Fellow Buddies

Whilst we all debate the team, the manager, the tactics, the results, the BOD and the rest

Maybe , the " fans " of Saints , ie the ones that actually support the team, whether its going to every match, every home game, some or not many due to distance, work and circumstances.

I would like to suggest we cleanse this Forum, once and for all........................or do we just want to be like some other sites and allow Trolls

http://www.blogworld.com/2012/07/18/what-is-an-internet-troll-the-answer-might-surprise-you/

The Sin Bin was originally the "Yellow" card. However those in, seem to be allowed to still ridicule , slate, hate, spit and make jokes about/ some other posters. Getting very personal.

Let us supporters unite, we dont have to agree on everything, bar the team we support, good, bad or in most cases both  .

I say bag the obvious Trolls- for once and for all............................ are we not all a little bit fed up of constant abuse on what should be a forum based for Fans of St Mirren to comment ?

Whilst most of that is accurate and l do think you are right , l think it might help if you don't read what is in the wank tank , as you say people that are in there are there for a reason so don't go in it .  .

There has been very little moderation for a long time and it is amazing what some have got away with.  .

1 minute ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Whilst most of that is accurate and l do think you are right , l think it might help if you don't read what is in the wank tank , as you say people that are in there are there for a reason so don't go in it .  .

There has been very little moderation for a long time and it is amazing what some have got away with.  .

Dont disagree, but the Sin Bin should be not be shown on the main forum. I am sure Div is sick fed up of some of the total twats on here, so maybe yes, new Mods as Div has done more than his fair share

Div I would like to volunteer :cheers   Take the load off

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Fellow Buddies

Heartily agree; I like a debate and discussion as we are never all going to agree on certain issues, but it must make us St Mirren fans look like right idiots accepting the amount of pure nasty vitriol aimed at some posters.  B)

3 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Heartily agree; I like a debate and discussion as we are never all going to agree on certain issues, but it must make us St Mirren fans look like right idiots accepting the amount of pure nasty vitriol aimed at some posters.  B)

I only partially agree with myself , so i totally agree with you:P

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Dont disagree, but the Sin Bin should be not be shown on the main forum. I am sure Div is sick fed up of some of the total twats on here, so maybe yes, new Mods as Div has done more than his fair share

Div I would like to volunteer :cheers   Take the load off

The Sin Bin should be not be shown on the main forum

This has been a suggestion I have made on here before and would support. The sin bin should not be visible to other posters and the main forum not visible to sin binners.

Neither should main forum posters be able to post in the bin.

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The Sin Bin should be not be shown on the main forum

This has been a suggestion I have made on here before and would support. The sin bin should not be visible to other posters and the main forum not visible to sin binners.

Neither should main forum posters be able to post in the bin.

I would support that..............................

Basically FAS, ISMA , and Shull would disappear into a distant bad memory :clapping 

Only reappearing when they have learnt to act like basic considerate human beings

34 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I would support that..............................

Basically FAS, ISMA , and Shull would disappear into a distant bad memory :clapping 

Only reappearing when they have learnt to act like basic considerate human beings

What about their aliases . . . we need to stop them putting 2 fingers up to the mods and carrying on as before but gently at first to avoid rousing suspicion . . . 

:magic

Fellow Buddies

So want to bag yourself then?

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

What do you have in the way of constructive thought for making improvements in the forum - other than what might be a personal dislike of a particular poster. Not really objective. 

He offers nothing other than his usual cr*p. Don't expect a decent answer. He takes dislikes to a number of posters and then abuses them in the Sin Bin under one or two of his other aliases - then he gives himself likes - because he is desperate to being liked. It is a sad state of affairs indeed  . ..  roll on the new improved forum . . . :magic

What do you have in the way of constructive thought for making improvements in the forum - other than what might be a personal dislike of a particular poster. Not really objective. 

I find it amusing and ironic when certain posters run around the forum abusing anyone they disagree with.... and go crying to div to try and get them banned.

Dougjamie, saintnextlifetime, sweeper and yourself are perfect examples.

It’s no coincidence that you’re all in this thread being abusive together.

I wonder is sweeper has worked out that 8 / 16 = 50% yet!

:lol:

14 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I find it amusing and ironic when certain posters run around the forum abusing anyone they disagree with.... and go crying to div to try and get them banned.

Dougjamie, saintnextlifetime, sweeper and yourself are perfect examples.

It’s no coincidence that you’re all in this thread being abusive together.

I wonder is sweeper has worked out that 8 / 16 = 50% yet!

:lol:

WDWB

Wrong again. I have not contacted div at any time regarding myself and any other poster. 

Neither do I abuse any. How difficult is it for you to understand that a few posters on here cause their own problems ?

As for yourself. I am surprised. You are clearly an educated person despite your attempts to hide it.

Why you should fall for these charades I just don't know.

So be it.

40 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

WDWB

Wrong again. I have not contacted div at any time regarding myself and any other poster. 

Neither do I abuse any. How difficult is it for you to understand that a few posters on here cause their own problems ?

As for yourself. I am surprised. You are clearly an educated person   (you cannot really believe this - you are just trying to placate him - he is thicker than mince) despite your attempts to hide it.

Why you should fall for these charades I just don't know.

So be it.

Ricky - 1 thing you really ought to do is to learn not to bite when an imbecile attacks you. I too have never contacted div or reported anyone - but this guy is convinced anyhow - that its his problem as is his attitude and constant attempt to goad people - it is really really sad . .  feel sorry for him, but don't think you can engage in any way that will ever be worthwhile. You are entitled to do what you like, but this is really good advice - try it and see how desperate he is to engage and you can waltz past him every time.

:santa

Edited by Sweeper07

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

He offers nothing other than his usual cr*p. Don't expect a decent answer. He takes dislikes to a number of posters and then abuses them in the Sin Bin under one or two of his other aliases - then he gives himself likes - because he is desperate to being liked. It is a sad state of affairs indeed  . ..  roll on the new improved forum . . . :magic

Yeh. All that sniping about other posters is beyond a joke. :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Ricky - 1 thing you really ought to do is to learn not to bite when an imbecile attacks you. I too have never contacted div or reported anyone - but this guy is convinced anyhow - that is his problem as is his attitude and constant attempt to goad people - it is really really sad . .  feel sorry for him, but don't think you can engage in any way that will ever be worthwhile. You are entitled to do what you like, but this is really good advice - try it and see how desperate he is to engage and you can waltz past him every time.

:santa

How many times has that guy been banned ? He probably thinks people dob him in everytime he gets banned but Div probably just notices it. .

You are accurate about not engaging with him as he obviously gets a wee toffee mallet by twisting everything Buddies say. .