Aberdeen v St Mirren 16/02/2019

Lord Pityme

Decent result just a shame Dundee got a better one, first glimmer of hope for us in the league since the restart though!

Still all 2play4 with 2 H2Hs against both Accies & Dundee but already it's looking as if Dundee's new signings have enough to pick up points and stay up :( so it's looking like overtaking Hamilton & getting to the play-off spot is our realistic target - COYS!

7 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Decent result just a shame Dundee got a better one, first glimmer of hope for us in the league since the restart though!

Still all 2play4 with 2 H2Hs against both Accies & Dundee but already it's looking as if Dundee's new signings have enough to pick up points and stay up :( so it's looking like overtaking Hamilton & getting to the play-off spot is our realistic target - COYS!

A lot still to play for. The guys now know how much physical and mental effort is needed to get a result against a team like Aberdeen.

Lots of hard graft and discipline. Now on to Tynecastle

Edited by St.Ricky

Next two games Dundee home to Hibs then away to SEVCO.
Hamilton home to SEVCO then away to Aberdeen.
Can’t see Hamilton taking any points with maybe Dundee taking a point at home to Hibs.
If we can get something from the Hearts game then beat Livingston....... then it’s game on.

Mixed emotions.

Good performance overall. Lyons and Jackson had great chances second half. We were good for our point.

We look a lot better in defence, Popescu is a great addition.

On the other hand we've once again lost a soft goal from a corner and the 'keeper should have done better for the 2nd. Very similar to Mallan's Hibs goal. This is frustrating as he otherwise had filled me with confidence.

McAllister was great going forward, a brilliant strike. We had quite a few more chances though where a good final ball would have put us on the 'keeper.

The Duck isn't fit, and should have been sent off in the first half. Someone needs to talk with him and get his head right. Anton isn't fit, and McAllister is off with cramp leaving us with then men. Lack of fitness needs to be worked on.

What does Erhanon need to do to get a start in the middle of the park? He is a great passer of the ball, great working in tight spaces. Flynn and MacPherson look like they are wearing clown shoes next to him. Those two aren't good enough if we are going to be winning these games coming up.

It's a great point, something to build on. I hope Kearney sees the areas to be improved upon and takes action. 

It's good to see a team up for the fight now anyway! I think with our fixtures about to turn we can do this.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Mixed emotions.

Good performance overall. Lyons and Jackson had great chances second half. We were good for our point.

On the other hand we've once again lost a soft goal from a corner and the 'keeper should have done better for the 2nd. Very similar to Mallan's Hibs goal. This is frustrating as he otherwise had filled me with confidence.

McAllister was great going forward, a brilliant strike. We had quite a few more chances though where a good final ball would have put us on the 'keeper.

The Duck isn't fit, and should have been sent off in the first half. Someone needs to talk with him and get his head right. Anton isn't fit, and McAllister is off with cramp leaving us with then men. Lack of fitness needs to be worked on.

What does Erhanon need to do to get a start in the middle of the park? He is a great passer of the ball, great working in tight spaces. Flynn and MacPherson look like they are wearing clown shoes next to him. Those two aren't good enough if we are going to be winning these games coming up.

It's a great point, something to build on. I hope Kearney sees the areas to be improved upon and takes action. 

It's good to see a team up for the fight now anyway! I think with our fixtures about to turn we can do this.

Good summary. Most pleasing thing was the improvement in defence. Shame Jackson wasn’t able to take that chance at 2-1, but hey ho. A point none of us expected. 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Mixed emotions.

Good performance overall. Lyons and Jackson had great chances second half. We were good for our point.  Correct

We look a lot better in defence, Popescu is a great addition. Correct

On the other hand we've once again lost a soft goal from a corner and the 'keeper should have done better for the 2nd. Very similar to Mallan's Hibs goal. This is frustrating as he otherwise had filled me with confidence. Agree on the first goal

The Duck isn't fit, and should have been sent off in the first half. Someone needs to talk with him and get his head right. Anton isn't fit, and McAllister is off with cramp leaving us with then men. Lack of fitness needs to be worked on.  Fitness is improving ... McAllister and Dukens havn't played many games.

What does Erhanon need to do to get a start in the middle of the park? He is a great passer of the ball, great working in tight spaces. Flynn and MacPherson look like they are wearing clown shoes next to him. Those two aren't good enough if we are going to be winning these games coming up. Tough call for Kearney

It's a great point, something to build on. I hope Kearney sees the areas to be improved upon and takes action.  Agree but hard to criticise other than first goal IMO

It's good to see a team up for the fight now anyway! I think with our fixtures about to turn we can do this.. YES 

Y

COYS

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

COYS

Pity we did not hold on for 3 points, but a point up there given our previous meetings with them is a marked improvement.

Bit of cheer for another week - but suspect the knicker wetters will call for OK's head if we get beat next week and or don't win against Livi...

Hope the fitness improves and injuries clear up - we could do with a run of good fortune and points gathering.

C O Y S   for sure !  Well done to the team on the park and off it !!

33 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

I thought Flynn had a really good game today, actually winning tackles and tracking back. Pity he doesn't do it every, or even most weeks

Aye, decent enough defensively as was MacPherson. But surely we need our midfielders to be able to pass the ball properly, especially if we are playing on the break.

Mixed emotions.

Young Ethan was really poor for the reserves on Monday, let’s hope he hasn’t suffered from being dropped .