Aberdeen v St Mirren 16/02/2019

Lord Pityme

Just watched the highlights a bit unlucky. The pass is made our player is on side. But the saints player near the circle touched  the ball with his head when that happens our player is offside. On another day it would have been played on.

I haven’t seen the highlights yet it was James hunter the media guy that posted the pictures maybe he’s missed if Jackson has touched it but is clearly well onside when the ball was kicked.

3 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Great point yesterday - of course other results went against us but I think we are up for the fight and its not over yet.

Im only just emerging after full on birthday bevy session - so this has eased my hangover!

Hamilton's result went our way. I think they are the more catchable of the two teams above us. I'd take 11th just now as I think we'd have a good chance of winning a play off.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Hamilton's result went our way. I think they are the more catchable of the two teams above us. I'd take 11th just now as I think we'd have a good chance of winning a play off.

Dundee have got Hibs and Hearts, plus both the bigot brothers in their next four games. Then us at SMP in the fifth game.

We might be able to claw some points back.

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Yep - indeed - was disappointed that Dundee won but I guess we are one point closer to overall safety if two points further away from the playoffs.

I can only go on reports as was in pub but it does read like that we are beginning to gel.

Yep - indeed - was disappointed that Dundee won but I guess we are one point closer to overall safety if two points further away from the playoffs.
I can only go on reports as was in pub but it does read like that we are beginning to gel.

Dundee got really lucky yesterday. Played the majority of the game against 10 men. Livvy keeper was poor with Dundee’s first and Livvy had a stonewall penalty turned down at 1-1. Obviously Dundee are on a high results wise, which is the most important factor, but I don’t think they are ahead of us in quality.
We should take a lot of heart from yesterday’s result and performance. McAllister’s goal was tremendous. He looks like he could have a similar impact in games to Morgan or Hammill. Dundee and Accies are still catchable, but I suppose we just need to focus on ourself and take each game as it comes. Yesterday’s result will hopefully be an important platform to build on, but I thought that after the draw with Celtic. Definitely think we are improving though.

I initially thought he was definitely OFF.

Having now replayed this several times, I can see it is NOT as clear as I'd like to believe.

I think he was ONSIDE ,just...

I also note that no other Buddie touched the ball on its way forward as was suspected by other posters - and accepted by me.

ETA:  The grass-cut markings give you the line of sight for veracity.

Edited by antrin

13 minutes ago, antrin said:

Having now replayed this several times, I can see it is NOT as clear as I'd like to believe.

I also note that no other Buddie touched the ball on its way forward as was suspected by other posters - and accepted by me.

Absolutely. Let the record show.  

No guarantee he would have scored as goalie relied on off-side decision but we were certainly denied a golden chance. 

Just watched the highlights a bit unlucky. The pass is made our player is on side. But the saints player near the circle touched  the ball with his head when that happens our player is offside. On another day it would have been played on.

I don’t see any other touch in the highlights clearly onside for me

6 minutes ago, shetland said:

There was two guys on a St Mirren Facebook Page slating the Assistant Referee not for the offside mistake. 

They slated him more for being a Conservative and accused him of deliberately putting his flag up because of that. 

One of the Facebook abusers was particularly vicious and abusive of the Conservative Assistant Referee. 

Looked onside to me. 

No matter now - these things can't be altered...  bring on VAR and get rid of these kind of mistakes... it might not be perfect, but it must surely be better . . . :cheers

On 2/17/2019 at 9:44 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

ETA: No he didn't, you must be getting mixed up with another incident Bud.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:48 AM, antrin said:

Sportscene didn't even show the 'offside' in their highlights.  In the video above, at the exact point of the kick (you can pause and click each side on the red button to move a frame at a time), Kyle is 2-3 yds onside for a golden chance.  These are the kinds of decisions you get when you are at the bottom and the official is very-well-paid-but-hopeless.

FFs he is only about 10 yds away from the incident and in a great position to judge... he failed. 

Edited by Vambo57