Official Hearts v St Mirren Matchday Thread

shull

I see the usual short sighted views and knee jerk reactions on the other match day thread.

We've not won a game in yonks.

There's no denying the last 2 weeks, especially today IMO, are steps in the right direction but anybody with any sense will know it only takes a defeat against Livingston and, boom, we're back as favourites for the drop.  (Just checked, w're still favourites) :wink:

Great Saturday, spent the afternoon at the Rutherglen Trampoline Park with two daughters and grandchildren. Didn't participate myself but had a brilliant time. Then out of there to find the Super Saints had drawn against the Hearts. 

Superb. 

Bring on the Livy. 

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I see the usual short sighted views and knee jerk reactions on the other match day thread.

We've not won a game in yonks.

There's no denying the last 2 weeks, especially today IMO, are steps in the right direction but anybody with any sense will know it only takes a defeat against Livingston and, boom, we're back as favourites for the drop.  (Just checked, w're still favourites) :wink:

Some facts............

Not won a league game since 22nd December.

Still the worst record of the 3 candidates for relegation over the last 5 games.

Got a draw yesterday thanks to an OG, seems to have been forgotten.

Where are we in reality...................

Still favourites to go down, straight down. 

People were laughing at Dundee after Friday nights result, I don't think we should be laughing at any team.

11 games to play till the end of the season, could possibly need 14 - 16 points.

It's good we've turned the usual defeats into draws in the last 2 games, now we need to turn these into wins as a few draws won't cut it. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Some facts............

Not won a league game since 22nd December.

Still the worst record of the 3 candidates for relegation over the last 5 games.

Got a draw yesterday thanks to an OG, seems to have been forgotten.

Where are we in reality...................

Still favourites to go down, straight down. 

People were laughing at Dundee after Friday nights result, I don't think we should be laughing at any team.

11 games to play till the end of the season, could possibly need 14 - 16 points.

It's good we've turned the usual defeats into draws in the last 2 games, now we need to turn these into wins as a few draws won't cut it. 

ST MIRREN 3 LIVINGSTON 1

:byebye

On 2/23/2019 at 3:50 PM, faraway saint said:

Brutal tackle from Tansey, booked, could have been red.

0-0 half time.

Coped pretty well overall.

Have to say Hearts TV picture quality is superb, even the commentators are more than fair. 

This is what I thought at the time on the tackle.

Nothing I've seen since has changed my mind.

It's already been mentioned, imagine the outcry if that had been a tackle on one of our players, especially if it had been any OF player...................MELTDOWN.