Hearts v St Mirren 23 Feb 2019

St.Ricky

1 minute ago, Gosport Buddie said:

McGinn got Man of the Match on Alba

Surely no, the bold Elvis said he was pish in the first half. :lol:

There wasn't a failure in B&W today. Everyone did their job. Erhahon and Muzek were also excellent and I really like the idea of Jackson coming off the bench in away games just to annoy defenders into potentially making mistakes. He got unlucky today a couple of times.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Massive credit due to Flynn, Tansey and Paul McGinn as well. They've all had their share of criticism, some very justly dished out as well. But they've all been superb today.

This ^^^ and add in to the mix those who were calling for Oran's head while he was stuck with the crap squad he inherited...

Good tactics for a very decent point : Pittodrie and Tynecastle  -  2 points at 2 very tough venues.

Hope the momentum leads to a victory next week . . .   C  O Y S   

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

This ^^^ and add in to the mix those who were calling for Oran's head while he was stuck with the crap squad he inherited...

Good tactics for a very decent point : Pittodrie and Tynecastle  -  2 points at 2 very tough venues.

Hope the momentum leads to a victory next week . . .   C  O Y S   

Next week is the absolute acid test. Probably a match comparative to Ayr away two years ago.

Win and we have a f**king massive bounce.

Lose and the heads are so far down it's hard to see us rallying.

I'm already nervous!

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Next week is the absolute acid test. Probably a match comparative to Ayr away two years ago.

Win and we have a f**king massive bounce.

Lose and the heads are so far down it's hard to see us rallying.

I'm already nervous!

I do get your sentiment and nervous caution, but in reality it is 1 game and 3 points maximum. The really big ones are against the Dee and the Hammers. No doubt winning could take us to within 1 point of both our rivals too and how we would all love this.

On paper it was one of the easier games over the next 5 or 6, but taking a point away at the teams in 3rd and 5th position in the League means that we have some momentum and are now at home against a team who had struggled for a win in 2019 until today.

They are good defensively, but I saw that their left back went off injured today (McAllister time - not Miller time next week I hope). Really hope above hope that we get into the lead and add a 2nd and 3rd quickly  and the home crowd will sing their hearts out...  

Well done every player today and the management team . . .

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

I do get your sentiment and nervous caution, but in reality it is 1 game and 3 points maximum. The really big ones are against the Dee and the Hammers. No doubt winning could take us to within 1 point of both our rivals too and how we would all love this.

On paper it was one of the easier games over the next 5 or 6, but taking a point away at the teams in 3rd and 5th position in the League means that we have some momentum and are now at home against a team who had struggled for a win in 2019 until today.

They are good defensively, but I saw that their left back went off injured today (McAllister time - not Miller time next week I hope). Really hope above hope that we get into the lead and add a 2nd and 3rd quickly  and the home crowd will sing their hearts out...  

Well done every player today and the management team . . .

I know but looking at the remaining pre-split fixtures, it's a game where you have to target 3 realistic points. Possibly even more realistic than winning at NDP where we have an absolutely howling record.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I know but looking at the remaining pre-split fixtures, it's a game where you have to target 3 realistic points. Possibly even more realistic than winning at NDP where we have an absolutely howling record.

Yes absolutely. Yet new team and it is now time for a change to our NDP record . . .

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We also had a howing record at Pittodrie and our last visit to Tynecastle wasn’t a pleasant experience :P

39 minutes ago, Luther G. Presley said:

Another unexpected point today, but it will all count for nothing if we don’t take 3 points next weekend, that game next week is now massive.

NAW - it will count as one more point for the rest of the season . . . the 3 we take next week will also count . . . but if we don't this point is still "legal tender"!!!

my phrase for us staying up where the big money is next season . . . :P

:ninja

Agreed we certainly will. To look at the vastly improved squad considering the way in such a short time after such a traumatic 6 months we are here tells us that we are in much better hands than for some time...

Hare and the tortoise, we will come from behind and pass the 2 above us . . .   :turtle

Edited by Sweeper07

Thought the players displayed great fight and effort right through the team today. Work rate and dig was there to see, something that’s been lacking the first half of the season.
Thought we lacked a bit of composure at times, just firing it long down the channels when there was little pressure on, but Flynn’s composure was vital at times and Tansey is getting up to speed. McPherson and Etharon are growing into exciting prospects as their experience grows. Hladky and Popescu are phenomenal signings. McAllister has the ability to change games too. Confidence is definitely growing as a team. We have much more quality in the squad now. It’s going to be tight, but we are definitely better placed to scrape survival than we were a couple of months ago.