Hearts v St Mirren 23 Feb 2019

St.Ricky

Again, disagree. Hearts had us under no real pressure. We sat back, soaked it up and tried to hit them on the break.
I'm willing to concede territory in away games if that is the performance we'll turn in. Being 3-0 and 4-0 after half an hour is when sitting in becomes an issue. Every single player on the park the last two weeks has known their respective roles and performed them admirably.
Yup... You can tell they are well coached and know their role... (Till it comes to falling asleep at defending set pieces).

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:
16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
Again, disagree. Hearts had us under no real pressure. We sat back, soaked it up and tried to hit them on the break.
I'm willing to concede territory in away games if that is the performance we'll turn in. Being 3-0 and 4-0 after half an hour is when sitting in becomes an issue. Every single player on the park the last two weeks has known their respective roles and performed them admirably.

Yup... You can tell they are well coached and know their role... (Till it comes to falling asleep at defending set pieces).

My thoughts exactly. Their goal was very avoidable. That said. Two great points and could have been more. Next game is crucial, if for nothing else, to build the confidence. IF we can get that win it will be very interesting to see how Dundee and Hamilton react

Next week is the absolute acid test. Probably a match comparative to Ayr away two years ago.
Win and we have a f**king massive bounce.
Lose and the heads are so far down it's hard to see us rallying.
I'm already nervous!
And whilst I agree the switch was correct, I'm feckin seething as I will miss it! [emoji26]
Had rota'd myself in to work on the Saturday so I could make the home games... Now I'll miss potentially our most important game of the season. [emoji22] [emoji22] [emoji22]

Thought Tansey played really well though. Getting up to speed now and looks another good addition to the team.

I agree he looked better but still a long way from being match fit. He was knackered and little more than a passenger with 15 minutes to go. Only to be expected considering his lack of playing time this season before joining us. The absence of suitable midfield replacements on the bench must have been the reason he wasn’t subbed.

Great application and grit shown by all the players yesterday. Some meaty tackles from both sides, and we were maybe lucky to finish with 11 men, but given our situation, a fine performance by the team. We looked and played like a team.  Main concern is our failure to capitalise on the chances we made. Looked like our frontmen lacked the confidence to put the ball in the net. OK needs to sort that out so that we can take some points from the 3 home games in the next 4. Against Livvy and Killie we will need to play with the same determination as yesterday PLUS take our chances!

COYS!!

14 hours ago, FTOF said:

To me it's not a surprise that OK is finally able to employ his tactics to the full, with relative success.

Now that he's getting his team on the park to gel, after getting rid of the steaming pile of shite that his fuckwit of a predecessor signed, we look a better team.

I think it's safe to say IMO that if we had employed OK  first time round, we'd have been in a better position than we are just now.

The major concern for me is that we'll run out of time.

Agree but we have plenty of time. More than enough games left to get third bottom spot. We are picking up great points at the moment. Absolute must to beat the likes of Livi next week though  or those great points and performances are of no use

Edited by lenziebud

Good hard working performance yesterday. Good pass Mark's for all. Mcalister was outstanding. I know there's a section of west stand punters who have been giving Tansey stick. But got to say he played a great game In midfield along side Flynn who also had one of his best games in a Saints shirt. We have found a terrific goalkeeper in Hladiky. If it wasn't a goal for us it should have been a pen. Clearly the Hearts defender has his 2 hands around McGinn pulling him to the ground. Need to win our next 2 home games to give ourselves some hope. On to next week. Coys.

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Can’t always tell a full story from a picture but that does look like a definite red. Very lucky.

The hearts guy puts his leg forward so as Tansley connects with him hoping to get him sent off that's my view of it anyway lol 

Have you watched it ? It's his momentum that carries him towards the Hearts player. Protecting himself imo. 

Yes I have watched it, several times and without black and white blinkers.
And each time I watch it , it seems worse. If that had been against a Saints player I’d be screaming for a Red card .
There’s no need for him to come in like that , with his boot at that height.