Let's Laugh At Jack Ross Thread

shull

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

Aye kin see Jack back up the road for Christmas...  probably with a Goalkeeper coach in tow  :rolleyes: 

As long as they don't come off the motorway anywhere near Paisley :)

• 3 months later...
On 5/27/2019 at 11:11 AM, linwood buddie said:

Wonder if Jack’s job will be safe after this , it’s a disastrous season , they should have really strolled that league with the budget and quality of players they had.

Would that not equally apply to Dundee United as well or did Ross County splurge more?  A genuine question.

7 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Get it right up judas..wonder if he will look for another 5 jobs to run out on them...

Someone offered around 5 times your annual salary would you turn it down? Time to move on. JR got us promoted and i thank him for that. He is young and ambitious and a nice guy and I wish him all the best.

50 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:
9 hours ago, jaybee said:

Would that not equally apply to Dundee United as well or did Ross County splurge more?  A genuine question.

I don’t know how much money any of them splurged nor do I really care TBH , Sunderland spent a few million and Jack had the best squad in that league.

Not the best I think otherwise this discussion would be moot, perhaps the most expensive or the most underperforming though.

3 hours ago, linwood buddie said:
4 hours ago, jaybee said:

Not the best I think otherwise this discussion would be moot, perhaps the most expensive or the most underperforming though.

Underperforming, that's hit the nail on the head, going by things I read a few of the players are on tens of thousands a week. 

Wow!     gies a job? go on gies a job? ah can do that.  🤣

Jack Ross wasn't simply offered 5x his salary by bad old Sunderland. He applied for the job. Then was interviewed. Then agreed a contract, and only when he was all set to be unveiled as Sunderland manager were St Mirren told of developments. Meanwhile he was telling the Scottish press he had a job to do at St Mirren and was looking forward to having a shot at breaking into the top 6. Folks at Alloa seemed to know before our chairman and CEO.

I for one was amused to see Jack looking and sounding humble for the first time I can remember after Charlton won the play offs.

Ok. Short memories here. Jack went for Barnsley then Ipswich popped into Sunderland on an off chance. He left us high and fecking dry we panicked gave the club to Stubbs. Ross could have stayed showed his true talents that i have to say havent really surfaced with 19 draws and the biggest budget by a mile. He took a chance left us in shit so with Shull on this one

Edited by DougJamie

No, let’s not.  Far too many folk here with short memories.   Jack rescued us from oblivion and moved on for a whole lot of money and massive opportunities. I blame him for nothing. 

Can’t pretend I follow the ups and downs at Sunderland so I’ve no idea why he failed to gain promotion but I’m certainly not going to laugh at him. 

5 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

No, let’s not.  Far too many folk here with short memories.   Jack rescued us from oblivion and moved on for a whole lot of money and massive opportunities. I blame him for nothing. 

Can’t pretend I follow the ups and downs at Sunderland so I’ve no idea why he failed to gain promotion but I’m certainly not going to laugh at him. 

Some people are just suffering from amnesia I think. If it hadn't been for his efforts we'd probably still be languishing in the Championship,  or worse.