Oran Kearney Appreciation Thread

Thanks for everything. Did the job he came to do. Shame he didn't fancy trying to improve on 11th next season; shame he didn't quit the day after the playoffs, which would have given the next guy a better run at next season.

Still, it looks like Mihai is coming back, so we're clearly not sitting around doing nothing while this has been going on.

4 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Thanks for everything. Did the job he came to do. Shame he didn't fancy trying to improve to 4th next season; shame he didn't quit the day after the playoffs, which would have given the next guy a better run at next season.

:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Thanks for everything. Did the job he came to do. Shame he didn't fancy trying to improve on 11th next season; shame he didn't quit the day after the playoffs, which would have given the next guy a better run at next season.

Still, it looks like Mihai is coming back, so we're clearly not sitting around doing nothing while this has been going on.

Mihai is back for the final week of his loan deal. After that, who knows?

Why wouldn't any manager not want to try and improve their club's performance in the second year of a 3 year contract? Why would any manager time a resignation / mutual consent deal to benefit their successor? I thought it was pretty clear from how he spoke after the play-off final penalty shoot out that he was planning to be here next season and would deal with contracts on his return from a family holiday. Given the hours that were put in over the autumn to scout signings and get deals done for the January window and the way that last few months of the season unfolded I think he was entitled to take a break before pre-season and I have no doubt he would have left a list of contracts he wanted sorted out while he was on holiday and some signing targets and wouldn't just be starting from scratch today.

Given his statement and who he thanked, like Tony and especially the support, and who he didnae
Scott
Nicol
Wardrobe
Stewart
t smisa dude
it really is O.K to be O.K. Today..!
Surprise he didn't thank you for repeatedly telling him and everybody else that Scott is not to be trusted [emoji12] Maybe he took the same view of most of us is that you talk a lot of piss [emoji40]

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:08 AM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Mihai is back for the final week of his loan deal. After that, who knows?

Why wouldn't any manager not want to try and improve their club's performance in the second year of a 3 year contract? Why would any manager time a resignation / mutual consent deal to benefit their successor? I thought it was pretty clear from how he spoke after the play-off final penalty shoot out that he was planning to be here next season and would deal with contracts on his return from a family holiday. Given the hours that were put in over the autumn to scout signings and get deals done for the January window and the way that last few months of the season unfolded I think he was entitled to take a break before pre-season and I have no doubt he would have left a list of contracts he wanted sorted out while he was on holiday and some signing targets and wouldn't just be starting from scratch today.

^^^ This.  I don't really believe Oran did not expect to be here and move us up the league next season.... Presided over the Great Escape mark 2. Took Stubbs bombscare of a squad and build a pretty decent one, that could have been built upon this season...

No doubt there is more to these shenanigans than meets the eye...  but we move on hoping for a positive season... time will tell. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Nigerian Panda said:

Oran is history..., let’s move on and get threads that mean more to us than past news .... shut it down now! 

Start a thread on any St Mirren subject you desire. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...