Labour & Tory MPs resign!

Bud the Baker

Umunna is likely doing this not because of brexit nor Semitism, but simply and purely for Umunna.

i doubt that a puny breakaway’ll impact on what thought processes meander through the Corbyn heid.  :(

I’m currently somewhat disenchanted...

Edited by antrin
My original Corbin was maybe more accurate, however...

Is this the beginning of the end of the Labour party?

Did the end of the Labour party start some time ago and this is just another chapter in Labour's oh so slow decline?

Are the Labour party the most evil entity known to politics the in the western hemisphere?

Will this band of rebels form a new party?

Will this band of rebels sit as independents thus achieving nothing and fading away to obscurity at the next election?

Interesting stuff fellow forum users' interesting stuff indeed.

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

Is this the beginning of the end of the Labour party?

Did the end of the Labour party start some time ago and this is just another chapter in Labour's oh so slow decline?

Are the Labour party the most evil entity known to politics the in the western hemisphere?

Will this band of rebels form a new party?

Will this band of rebels sit as independents thus achieving nothing and fading away to obscurity at the next election?

Interesting stuff fellow forum users' interesting stuff indeed.

The Labour party died the day Blar took the reigns and has never recovered. Now they are just a collection who can never agree because they have a collection of centre right centre left and left views.

Corbyn also is clearly no leader. My god the tories could raise taxes to 60% and they would still get in.

Dreadful party and it will take someone special to reunite them. Sure isnt Corbyn

FFS

New Labour splitter party accused of racism within three hours of launching

However within three hours of launching they were already facing accusations of racism after Angela Smith reffered to the black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) community as "funny tinged".

Speaking on the issue of racism in the Labour party on BBC news, Smith said "the recent history of the party I've just left suggests that it's not just about being black or a funny tinge."

Let's face it, there's been rumours of MPs ready to quit Labour since Corbyn was elected Leader. The two reasons given 

1. Corbyn's handling of Brexit - It has been lacklustre at best and his obvious reluctance to go to the next level of Party Policy (the People's Vote) has alienated many people within the party although LEAVE did win the Referendum and many people in Northern Labour strongholds voted that way. Which way to jump activists or grassroots - it's clear Corbyn does not want to make this decision.

2. Anti-Semitism - Obviously there's a line between anti-Semitism & anti-Zionism and JC has sailed close to it at times sharing platforms with "fellow travellers", even being on the wrong side at times but I feel that Corbyn & Labour have done enough to combat this within the Party and on the whole believe the charges are mainly mischievous coming from the Labour Friends of Israel and gleefully jumped on by the Mail/Express.

It's always the right who split from Labour (look back to the SDP) and while this will damage the Labour party I'm not sure that I feel much sympathy for the Seven Dwarves.

On a final note I fear I am unable to resist a Monty Python reference! :bag

Image result for splitters life of brian 

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Worst government I can remember, yet Labour as official opposition intent on continuing the self harm. Is it any wonder they can't get a lead in the polls.

Whether you like it or not, this has been a very good government actually. Closing in on clearing the deficit, getting so many people out of welfare dependency and back into work, deakling with the pensions time-bomb through workplace pensions and preventing the country from financial collapse.  They have also had to do this with coalition partners for the most part.

I think you are underestimating the scale of the financial problem we were in. I think history will be kind to this when the Universal Credit problems are finally ironed out and Brexit has been resolved.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Whether you like it or not, this has been a very good government actually. Closing in on clearing the deficit, getting so many people out of welfare dependency and back into work, deakling with the pensions time-bomb through workplace pensions and preventing the country from financial collapse.  They have also had to do this with coalition partners for the most part.
I think you are underestimating the scale of the financial problem we were in. I think history will be kind to this when the Universal Credit problems are finally ironed out and Brexit has been resolved.

I suspect this is a fishing trip but here goes anyway...
I'm not underestimating any finances - that'll be Osborne and others in government who almost 10 years ago told us the deficit would be gone during the first term in office and they would start paying off the debt.
We are either still running a deficit, or managed to finally lose it last year and the debt has almost tripled to nearly £2 trillion.

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I suspect this is a fishing trip but here goes anyway...
I'm not underestimating any finances - that'll be Osborne and others in government who almost 10 years ago told us the deficit would be gone during the first term in office and they would start paying off the debt.
We are either still running a deficit, or managed to finally lose it last year and the debt has almost tripled to nearly £2 trillion.

I'm not sure what your point is. The country nearly went bankrupt and has been brought back safely from the brink without millions of jobs being lost and you are wittering on about a short delay in balancing the books?

Guest TPAFKATS
  I'm not sure what your point is. The country nearly went bankrupt and has been brought back safely from the brink without millions of jobs being lost and you are wittering on about a short delay in balancing the books?

The UK has 3 times the national debt it had 11 years ago. Net borrowing is the same as it was in 2008.

In 2018 our debt was 87% of our GDP.

How are we safely back from the brink?

Good riddance. Many Labour MPs shown their true colours by trying to shaft Corbyn from the off. The more of them who piss off, the better chance Corbyn has of finally making some progress instead of having to fight off the red tories desperate to see him fail.

I’m not a Labour supporter but Corbyn is a lot more preferable than Miliband/Blair/Brown/Any Tory.

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Good riddance. Many Labour MPs shown their true colours by trying to shaft Corbyn from the off. The more of them who piss off, the better chance Corbyn has of finally making some progress instead of having to fight off the red tories desperate to see him fail.

I’m not a Labour supporter but Corbyn is a lot more preferable than Miliband/Blair/Brown/Any Tory.

You really are aving a giraffe aren't you, Corbin is an anachronism, shades of Michael Foot no less, he is an anti semantic pacifist, a Lothario and has changed direction so many times he has met himself on the way back when he was on the way out.  The Labour Party; of whom I too am not a supporter will NEVER progress  while Corbynites are at the helm, the only two Labour MP I can recall worth a damn were Jackie Bailey and Hugh Henry. Scottish Labor unfortunately is not presently served well by prospective First Ministers and it looks like Corbyn may well drag the Party to its demise.

Guest TPAFKATS
You really are aving a giraffe aren't you, Corbin is an anachronism, shades of Michael Foot no less, he is an anti semantic pacifist, a Lothario and has changed direction so many times he has met himself on the way back when he was on the way out.  The Labour Party; of whom I too am not a supporter will NEVER progress  while Corbynites are at the helm, the only two Labour MP I can recall worth a damn were Jackie Bailey and Hugh Henry. Scottish Labor unfortunately is not presently served well by prospective First Ministers and it looks like Corbyn may well drag the Party to its demise.
What's wrong with being an anti semantic pacifist? [emoji6]

4 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I think the only thing anti-semantic is your whole post.

Guest TPAFKATS
The parliamentary Labour Party thinks its bigger, more important and knows better than the Labour Party, ie its members.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:
7 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I think the only thing anti-semantic is your whole post.

you ......stupidity ..... new level.  Doh!

59 minutes ago, Kemp said:

This thread makes a very strong case for just putting an end to democracy.

This tory government has been "very good" and Corbyn getting it in the neck for being a pacifist :lol:

Not just a pacifist but an anti-semantic pacifist, they're the worst kind.