Labour & Tory MPs resign!

Bud the Baker

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
13 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
Good riddance. Many Labour MPs shown their true colours by trying to shaft Corbyn from the off. The more of them who piss off, the better chance Corbyn has of finally making some progress instead of having to fight off the red tories desperate to see him fail.
I’m not a Labour supporter but Corbyn is a lot more preferable than Miliband/Blair/Brown/Any Tory.

The parliamentary Labour Party thinks its bigger, more important and knows better than the Labour Party, ie its members.

Exactly. Proven by the fact that Corbyn won two leadership elections yet some MPs still refused to support him.

12 hours ago, jaybee said:

You really are aving a giraffe aren't you, Corbin is an anachronism, shades of Michael Foot no less, he is an anti semantic pacifist, a Lothario and has changed direction so many times he has met himself on the way back when he was on the way out.  The Labour Party; of whom I too am not a supporter will NEVER progress  while Corbynites are at the helm, the only two Labour MP I can recall worth a damn were Jackie Bailey and Hugh Henry. Scottish Labor unfortunately is not presently served well by prospective First Ministers and it looks like Corbyn may well drag the Party to its demise.

There’s all this talk of Labour and anti-semitism but I don’t see much actual evidence of it, certainly less evidence of that than the racism that takes place among the Tories/UKIP. Corbyn has been working his backside off to kill off this anti-Semite image Labour has but his haters in the media continue to spout shite.

Scottish Labour was killed off by Ed Miliband. After the Scottish referendum he had the chance to hammer the SNP and turn Scottish Labour into a force again. Instead he immediately went against the “vows” and single handedly ruined Labour’s hopes in Scotland. Lamont summed it up by saying herself that SL were just a branch office of English Labour. 

With the battle right now largely being between the Pro-Indy, Pro-EU SNP vs Leave EU/Unionist Conservatives, Labour have nowhere to slot in. Supporters won’t flock back to them while SNP or Tory seem a valid option, and it doesn’t matter who the leader is, they can’t do much right now to change that. Even though I like Corbyn, if I was in Scotland (and eligible to vote, nationality dictates otherwise) I would be voting SNP anyway. Corbyn or no Corbyn, Labour will achieve nothing in Scotland for a while yet.

Guest TPAFKATS

I see one of the 'magnificent' 7 was on BBC politics show yesterday lunchtime making racist comment. Followed by an apology of sorts on social media. Also bring reported that the new group is registered in Panama for tax reasons.
Some first day for them. [emoji3]

On 2/18/2019 at 9:53 AM, antrin said:

Umunna is likely doing this not because of brexit nor Semitism, but simply and purely for Umunna.

i doubt that a puny breakaway’ll impact on what thought processes meander through the Corbyn heid.  :(

I’m currently somewhat disenchanted...

https://www.snp.org/join/

Guest TPAFKATS
[emoji38]
wind-up merchant!!
I am probably not best known for being keen on quitters and splitters of any sort.

But thanks for the kind thought.  [emoji14]

There's a London branch. You could meet up for pints etc

On 2/18/2019 at 10:26 PM, TPAFKATS said:

The UK has 3 times the national debt it had 11 years ago. Net borrowing is the same as it was in 2008.

In 2018 our debt was 87% of our GDP.

How are we safely back from the brink?

You reckon we are still on the verge of bankruptcy do you? :lol:

Oh and the only way he could have reduced the deficit faster would have been to make even bigger cuts to welfare and the NHS. No doubt you'd have been chundering on here about that as well.

You cant have it both ways.  No matter how badly you want it 

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
You reckon we are still on the verge of bankruptcy do you? [emoji38]
Oh and the only way he could have reduced the deficit faster would have been to make even bigger cuts to welfare and the NHS. No doubt you'd have been chundering on here about that as well.
Deflection you haven't answered the post you quoted.

Guest TPAFKATS
8th MP goes - Joan Ryan MP since '97 (Blairite) & Party Whip in the last Lab govt.
Oh, and she's an ex-Chair of Labour Friend of Israel! :rolleyes:
Rumours of a few Tory MPs considering jumping from the Goode Shippe Mayflower!

She was caught out a year or so back discussing with an Israeli intelligence officer how to get rid of corbyn.

Mibees if the Labour mps put as much effort into trying to unseat May?

17 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Has Shirley Williams joined yet?

No, but Ted Rogers & Dusty Bin are planning a comeback!

8ddbff271c16332b2e3d914436bf7ac9.jpg

On a serious note are we witnessing a realignment is UK politics, will the Independants join the Lib-Dems or will they still too toxic?

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
14 hours ago, oaksoft said:
You reckon we are still on the verge of bankruptcy do you? emoji38.png

Deflection you haven't answered the post you quoted.

Just because I didn't give you the answer you were hoping for doesn't mean I didn't answer your question.

You have a habit of confusing the two.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Three Tory MPs defect to fledgling Independent Group

Anna Soubry, Sarah Wollaston and Heidi Allen quit Conservatives, citing Brexit and lurch to the right

It's starting to be big news if Soubry has jumped ship.  She has been the most pragmatic and credible of the prominnet tory backbenchers for a while now and possibly even an acceptable face of conservatism in labour and SNP heartlands.

I'm sure every one of them has agenda that is current;y not being discussed, but this still has a smattering of being a good thing.

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

It's starting to be big news if Soubry has jumped ship.  She has been the most pragmatic and credible of the prominnet tory backbenchers for a while now and possibly even an acceptable face of conservatism in labour and SNP heartlands.

I'm sure every one of them has agenda that is current;y not being discussed, but this still has a smattering of being a good thing.

As the Chinese say - interesting times!

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

why is it that i only see my typos when somebody else quotes them.  it' like seeing yourself on the telly.

Never saw them either. 

I read an article a while back that said the brain tends to ignore typos unless you're proofreading - I let them pass unless the misspelling makes a funny alternative.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:05 AM, Bud the Baker said:

Another publicity nightmare for Labour is the probable re-entry (sic) to the party of Derek "Degsy" Hatton. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/19/liverpool-reacts-return-of-derek-hatton-labour

Lasted 2 days before being suspended for the highlighted tweet - 

Derek Hatton, the controversial former deputy leader of Liverpool council, has been suspended from the Labour party just two days after being allowed back in after 34 years.

The 71-year-old has been suspended pending an investigation into a tweet he posted in 2012 blaming Jews for Israeli government policy.

The tweet, which resurfaced after he was readmitted to the party on Monday, said: “Jewish people with any sense of humanity need to start speaking out publicly against the ruthless murdering being carried out by Israel!

A Labour source said: “Derek Hatton was given provisional membership, pending NEC approval. The party was not aware of this material. Once this was brought to our attention he was suspended pending the NEC’s decision.”

I wouldn't call the statement anti-semitic - I see it as calling for a group of people who might have some influence on the Israeli government to speak out.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
I wouldn't call the statement anti-semitic - I see it as calling for a group of people who might have some influence on the Israeli government to speak out.
Any criticism of the Israeli state is now considered anti-semitism

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Any criticism of the Israeli state is now considered anti-semitism

Unfortunately that appears to be the case. Legitimate criticism of the actions of a state in committing war crimes means you are racist, while talking about people with a "funny tinge" isn't apparently. I think we are living in a parallel universe where values and morality have been turned on their head.