Labour & Tory MPs resign!

Bud the Baker

23 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

It doesn't even have to be criticism, it appears that you aren't even allowed to say anything neutral.  It's the old "if your not for us, you're against us" attitude.

"people with a "funny tinge""?  What has Donald Trump got to do with it?

Have to agree re the furore over Chris Williamson's anti-Semitic comments .

He said: “I’ve got to say I think our party’s response has been partly responsible for that. Because, in my opinion, we’ve backed off far too much, we’ve given too much ground, we’ve been too apologetic.”

I see events have overtaken me and Williamson has issued an apology....

Amid growing anger over his conduct, Mr Williamson is reported to have held a meeting with aides of Jeremy Corbyn's shortly before Prime Minister's Questions began at midday.

Minutes later, he issued a statement on Twitter apologising, saying he never meant to downplay the "pernicious and cancerous" nature of anti-Semitism.

"I deeply regret and apologise for my recent choice of words," he wrote. "I was trying to suggest how much the party has done to tackle anti-Semitism.

"Our movement can never be too apologetic about racism in our ranks. While it is true there have been very few cases of anti-Semitism in Labour, it is also true that those few are too many."

At PMQs, Theresa May said Labour's lack of action "summed up" the state of the opposition.

The glee amongst Tories & their friends in the meejah is probably the most depressing part of the story.

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I don't think williamson's comments were helpful. How can you be too apologetic for real antisemitism?

What is real anti-Semitsm?

Letting the Tory Party, Daily Mail & pro-Israeli tweeters define the term isn't going to solve the issue, they will inevitably try to shift the lines further - where do you make the stand? 

Guest TPAFKATS
What is real anti-Semitsm?
Letting the Tory Party, Daily Mail & pro-Israeli tweeters define the term isn't going to solve the issue, they will inevitably try to shift the lines further - where do you make the stand? 
He's said they were too apologetic over antisemitism. That's like saying they were too apologetic about racism.

Stupid comment that deflects any attention away from any debate about what is and isn't antisemitic.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

He's said they were too apologetic over antisemitism. That's like saying they were too apologetic about racism.

Stupid comment that deflects any attention away from any debate about what is and isn't antisemitic.

What is and isn't anti-semitic - good question?

My interpretation of Williamson's statement is that they (Labour) have backed off too much over the definition which has led to unnecessary apologies.

Like I've said previously the topic is being used mischievously to undermine JC & Labour. Israel is a theocracy with gerrymandered internal borders and citizenship which has violated a number of UN resolutions and criticising the state is not the same as criticising Jews in general. 

Guest TPAFKATS

What is and isn't anti-semitic - good question?
My interpretation of Williamson's statement is that they (Labour) have backed off too much over the definition which has led to unnecessary apologies.
Like I've said previously the topic is being used mischievously to undermine JC & Labour. Israel is a theocracy with gerrymandered internal borders and citizenship which has violated a number of UN resolutions and criticising the state is not the same as criticising Jews in general. 
Yeah, that's your interpretation.
Others have a different interpretation.

Given the controversy over Labour and anti semitism, its at best naively stupid of Williamson to make a statement that is so ambiguous that it is open to interpretation, particularly by those wishing to damage him and his comrades.

29 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yeah, that's your interpretation.
Others have a different interpretation.

Given the controversy over Labour and anti semitism, its at best naively stupid of Williamson to make a statement that is so ambiguous that it is open to interpretation, particularly by those wishing to damage him and his comrades.

Are  opinions to be set aside because they're controversial, and who decides they're controversial anyway? For as long I can remember the Labour Party has leaned towards the Israeli side of the conflict and views like and Williamson's (& Corbyn's?) were by and large tolerated however now there is a Labour leader who leans towards the Palestinian view of the conflict it has descended into a witchhunt - at who's behest, like I said above, the Tory Party, Daily Mail & pro Israeli tweeters. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS

Are  opinions to be set aside because they're controversial, and who decides they're controversial anyway? For as long I can remember the Labour Party has leaned towards the Israeli side of the conflict and views like and Williamson's (& Corbyn's?) were by and large tolerated however now there is a Labour leader who leans towards the Palestinian view of the conflict it has descended into a witchhunt - at who's behest, like I said above, the Tory Party, Daily Mail & pro Israeli tweeters. 

I didn't suggest opinion s should be set aside.
I do however thinks it's unbelievably stupid to put forward an opinion that is so open to interpretation that you immediately have to apologise for it.
He's dou g his enemies work for them, it's self harm by the Labour Party... again.

30 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I do however thinks it's unbelievably stupid to put forward an opinion that is so open to interpretation that you immediately have to apologise for it.
He's dou g his enemies work for them, it's self harm by the Labour Party... again.

He shouldn't have to apologise for it, he's only had to because of pressure from the Tribune group within Labour whose main priority is to undermine Corbyn - that's where the self-harm originates. Like I've said the glee amongst Tories & their friends in the meejah is probably the most depressing part of the story.

Guest TPAFKATS
He shouldn't have to apologise for it, he's only had to because of pressure from the Tribune group within Labour whose main priority is to undermine Corbyn - that's where the self-harm originates. Like I've said the glee amongst Tories & their friends in the meejah is probably the most depressing part of the story.
But he did, therefore he knows he f**ked up.
The most depressing part is that Labour keep shooting themselves in the foot. It's like they don't actually want to get rid of May [emoji848]

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:
3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Corbyn needs no help in digging holes, my only hope is he falls in one and somebody fills it in quick like.  I said it before and I shall say it again; he might just manage to wreckthe Labour  party's credibility for years to come, he is incompetent, irrelevant and quite possibly the worst leader of the Labour part ever.

• 1 year later...

Fuxake!

Labour has suspended former party leader Jeremy Corbyn over his response to the Equality and Human Rights Commission’s report into antisemitism in the party during his leadership.

A Labour party spokesman said: “In light of his comments made today and his failure to retract them subsequently, the Labour Party has suspended Jeremy Corbyn pending investigation.

“He has also had the whip removed from the parliamentary Labour party.”

& it;s not just Jeremy the report also condemns other Labour MPs.

“To that end, we have submitted complaints against Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott and 15 other sitting MPs, and have given Labour six months to conduct transparent investigations and finally deliver justice for the Jewish community.”

Edited by Bud the Baker