The Tony Fitzpatrick Appreciation Thread

12 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

There’s some on here that would have you burn at the stake just for disagreeing with posts they don’t like or agree with emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You've obviously seen my experience with the absolute nuggets on the Pie and Bovril forum. :D

If you haven't, here's a wee flavour.

I once posted that it was great that the government were making it easier for disabled people to work if they wanted to. Since then I have been accused of hating dsabled people and wanting them worked to death. :blink:

I then posted that I couldn't understand how anyone on benefits could find themselves in foodbanks and asked what they could be prioritising over food. Since then I have been accused of hating the poor, loving the rich and wanting the poor to die. :blink:

There are endless other examples but that'll do for now.

It's rare to be confronted with those levels of stupidity. I mean, you hear about it, but you rarely see it in action. Many of them are teachers by profession too. Sheesh. :D

Edited by oaksoft

You've obviously seen my experience with the absolute nuggets on the Pie and Bovril forum. [emoji3]
If you haven't, here's a wee flavour.
I once posted that it was great that the government were making it easier for disabled people to work if they wanted to. Since then I have been accused of hating dsabled people and wanting them worked to death. :blink:
I then posted that I couldn't understand how anyone on benefits could find themselves in foodbanks and asked what they could be prioritising over food. Since then I have been accused of hating the poor, loving the rich and wanting the poor to die. :blink:
There are endless other examples but that'll do for now.
It's rare to be confronted with those levels of stupidity. I mean, you hear about it, but you rarely see it in action. Many of them are teachers by profession too. Sheesh. [emoji3]

I haven’t been on the P&B for a while now, but I get what you’re saying. A couple of years ago on here I was debating with a chap..... a police officer no less that called me every name under the sun because he thought I was a racist (made me chuckle considering my wife is Hindu and Father in Law is Muslim) The modern day teaching profession, law enforcement for example used to be respected individuals, but when it comes to actual life skills and experience, they’re a far cry from what they used to be....... IMO.

29 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I haven’t been on the P&B for a while now, but I get what you’re saying. A couple of years ago on here I was debating with a chap..... a police officer no less that called me every name under the sun because he thought I was a racist (made me chuckle considering my wife is Hindu and Father in Law is Muslim) The modern day teaching profession, law enforcement for example used to be respected individuals, but when it comes to actual life skills and experience, they’re a far cry from what they used to be....... IMO.

It was probably because you are Russian. Everyone knows that all Russians are racists. 🤔

1 hour ago, Russian Saint said:

I don't think the teaching profession has ever been respected. They've moved from routinely beating the shite out of defenceless children (oh that brings back memories) to teaching chldren how to pass tests. And along the way, they've made it almost impossible to sack a bad teacher.

As for policing, we all know about what's been going on there over the last 40 years with corruption, racism, law breaking and routinely forging evidence to send innocent people to prison for many years.

Neither profession can be trusted on any level. It's where far too many people who are no use for any other job end up. The worst part of it is the natural instinct of both professions to "look after their own" rather than the communities they are supposed to serve.

Edited by oaksoft

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I don't think the teaching profession has ever been respected. They've moved from routinely beating the shite out of defenceless children (oh that brings back memories) to teaching chldren how to pass tests. And along the way, they've made it almost impossible to sack a bad teacher.

As for policing, we all know about what's been going on there over the last 40 years with corruption, racism, law breaking and routinely forging evidence to send innocent people to prison for many years.

Neither profession can be trusted on any level. It's where far too many people who are no use for any other job end up. The worst part of it is the natural instinct of both professions to "look after their own" rather than the communities they are supposed to serve.

What a stupid, arrogant man you are.

Most teachers take treat their jobs as a vocation. They have the best interest of their charges at heart. I know many who go above and beyond, especially in these difficult times, to ensure their pupils get as close to a normal education as they can.

You are so up yourself you think, if anyone doesn't agree with your blinkered, selfish outlook on life, they are the stupid ones.

JEEZ.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

What a stupid, arrogant man you are.

Most teachers take treat their jobs as a vocation. They have the best interest of their charges at heart. I know many who go above and beyond, especially in these difficult times, to ensure their pupils get as close to a normal education as they can.

You are so up yourself you think, if anyone doesn't agree with your blinkered, selfish outlook on life, they are the stupid ones.

JEEZ.

Bloody hell. 🤣

14 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

FFS, it's Pricky mkII wannabe emoji23.png

Aw bollocking shitey f**k!

Well that's checkmate then.

You know what upsets me most about your post? It was so avoidable and I walked right into the trap.

Congratulations on your goal and Faraway's stunning assist.

I will learn from this.

I'll study the footage and discuss it with ... erm

Well at least I can ask for advice from ... bugger!

Day.

Ruined. :oops

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
15 hours ago, Yflab said:
94A8E082-AD9C-46CC-84EA-F42837558D1F.thumb.jpeg.5b854575809c0dcd35b6ec3f87b3ab7d.jpeg

Apparently that book is geared more for the sort of short term "friends" that a salesperson needs to make and is recommended by various MLM scams to the mugs that fall for them.

Yep.

It's about manipulating people for your own ends.

That's precisely what I've been saying all along. Almost all people have friends for their own benefit - largely to stop them feeling bored and/or lonely. I've yet to see many counter examples. I'm happy to be free of all of that fakery.