Pledge Music

Liverpool Bud

Has anyone heard of - purchased or been let down by the currently in administration Pledge music organisation?

i had used there services a couple of times and always felt it was a good way for bands / artists to over something a bit different or special to their fans 

as I understand it they were an intermediary organisation that signed up bands for a fee ? and marketed their products 

in return fans could pre order or advance purchase new music / tickets or merchandise Bands would offer sign cd’s - create unique products- or offer additional downloads in return for sale of core products 

i follow the band Jesus Jones on Twitter who have been very vocal on the demise of Pledge music and how they feel duped and have let down their fans as Pledge music took money from them and were now unable to fulfil orders

im sure there is much more to it than this but was wondering if anyone else has had dealings with Pledge music?

im still awaiting a download code for a Cd that I purchased to get advance tickets - but reckon I’m pissing in the wind for it!

They look a decent company what I read online. Obviously you are having a bad experience which is disappointing maybe they are busy ? Personally I'm wary of the music business especially site's that offer added perks. Not helping your situation , personally I buy from a record shop, direct from the artist or Amazon never been let down yet. Hope you get it sorted.  

This is a business model I can't understand at all.

Nobody surely would buy merchandise from a band weithout being a fan of them and therefore surely a fan wanting to see what merchandise they could get their hands on would simply visit the band's own website for that - no specific marketing required.

It all seems a very strange thing to try to do so I'm not surprised they have gone into administration.

I can see why bands use Ticketmaster to sell tickets but to have their marketing done? That seems odd.

On 2/25/2019 at 1:17 AM, oaksoft said:

This is a business model I can't understand at all.

Nobody surely would buy merchandise from a band weithout being a fan of them and therefore surely a fan wanting to see what merchandise they could get their hands on would simply visit the band's own website for that - no specific marketing required.

It all seems a very strange thing to try to do so I'm not surprised they have gone into administration.

I can see why bands use Ticketmaster to sell tickets but to have their marketing done? That seems odd.

This post might help explain the business model: https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/the-music-industry-is-leaving-billions-on-the-table-because-we-frustrate-fans/

2 hours ago, freddy said:

Thanks for that. I just don't understand why each artist doesn't have their own simple integrated website selling tickets and merchandise. It's so easy to do. They don't need these middlemen at all.

Edited by oaksoft