Cammy murray

He was badly treated by the club , and was released a few months before he was due a testimonial , at the age of 29.

In a recent interview he said this " I played for St. Mirren for 10 years and Motherwell for one, before signing for Arbroath in 1973. The next 5 years were the most enjoyable of my playing career "

Just shows that St Mirren have always been the kings of poor decision making , it's not a new thing !

5 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

He was an international quality full back and could possibly have had a similar lucrative career down south to Steve Clarke if he had taken the plunge.

He also kept his team mates well supplied with fresh fruit and vegetables from the family nursery business in Lanark.

He blossomed as a central defender/sweeper after he left us , always amazed me that after having him for 10 years , we had no-one that could see that. Our ex player , Albert Henderson was manager at Arbroath and kept them in the top league for three seasons with Cammy starring , with us struggling downstairs.

He was mom in this match http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1975&GameID=197511150