Brendan Rogers Sellic.......

HSS

8 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Hope all the St Mirren fans who were raging at JR for the "bad timing" of his departure can now see what actual bad timing is. 

Leaving with 2 months of the season remaining when you're on the brink of a treble treble is bad timing.

Winning the title, getting promoted and leaving at the end of the season is NOT bad timing.

I wasn't raging at JR but I still think leaving during a transfer window is the worst time for a manager to go.

6 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

There was a few helicopter comments regarding Leicester and Rodgers on twitter, stay classy "The best fans in the world" :boo:

I’ve seen some of these comments too, sums up the disgusting nature of these cunts. Funnily enough it’s probably the same ones lambasting Motherwell for being “unfair”, sums up their illogical thinking.

9 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Especially when they see that they are now a smaller club than Leicester City 

There are Championship clubs bigger than the green Bigots, not many outside of Scotland see any significance in them.

7 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I wasn't raging at JR but I still think leaving during a transfer window is the worst time for a manager to go.

Can’t agree with you here. If Oran left right before the split (to join someone else, not for being sacked), would you really say that is better timing than May or June?

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Worse than if he had left with 2 months to go in the season? We might have thrown away the title if that had happened.

It's never a good time to lose a good manager that you want to keep. But some times are worse than others. I think leaving at the end of a season is the least bad of all the times he could have went.

4 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Can’t agree with you here. If Oran left right before the split (to join someone else, not for being sacked), would you really say that is better timing than May or June?

OK (sic) immediately prior to a transfer window might be slightly worse than during it - my point remains it is difficult to sign "in demand" players in these conditions, we only managed Kellerman & Paul McGinn last May whereas during the regular course of the season if the team is playing well ( @LargsBud take Brendan Rodgers and Celtic, after all it is their thread) how much effect will a managerial change have?

Edited by Bud the Baker

19 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Hope all the St Mirren fans who were raging at JR for the "bad timing" of his departure can now see what actual bad timing is. 

Leaving with 2 months of the season remaining when you're on the brink of a treble treble is bad timing.

Winning the title, getting promoted and leaving at the end of the season is NOT bad timing.

Partly agree but at least Rodger's Change happened quickly.

OK (sic) immediately prior to a transfer window might be slightly worse than during it - my point remains it is difficult to sign "in demand" players in these conditions, we only managed Kellerman & Paul McGinn last May whereas during the regular course of the season if the team is playing well ( [mention=15434]LargsBud[/mention] take Brendan Rodgers and Celtic, after all it is their thread) how much effect will a managerial change have?

Neil Lennon is an awful manager so it might make some difference

Noticed the Green Brigade banner last night “Brendan Rodgers, never a Celt, always a fraud”

Translates to “never a bigot”

It’s odd, we have heard so much about the sectarian abuse that Lennon gets, yet I don’t remember there ever being any mention of sectarianism with regards Rodgers or Martin O’Neill....

I wonder how long it will be before the new Celtic management team start to intimidate referees and play the sectarian card again.

3 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Neil Lennon is an awful manager so it might make some difference

Strongest squad in the league, an 8 point lead with 11 games to go, even NeillyBhoy should be able to manage that. :whistle

The real question is how much he has to do to get the gig on a longer term.....................

Scottish football needs a strong Neil Lennon! :P

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Strongest squad in the league, an 8 point lead with 11 games to go, even NeillyBhoy should be able to manage that. :whistle

The real question is how much he has to do to get the gig on a longer term.....................

Scottish football needs a strong Neil Lennon! :P

This season should be safe although there will be questions over the treble as his cup record wasn’t brilliant (couldn’t manage a treble with Sevco down the leagues).

Next season should be interesting though if Lennon remains in charge. Shit manager at Celtic. Steven Gerrard has barely impressed at Sevco and you wonder how far they can keep pushing the finances thy haven’t got. This could well be the season for one of “the rest” to really push for a title challenge that was never going to happen with Rodgers at Celtic.

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

This season should be safe although there will be questions over the treble as his cup record wasn’t brilliant (couldn’t manage a treble with Sevco down the leagues).

Next season should be interesting though if Lennon remains in charge. Shit manager at Celtic. Steven Gerrard has barely impressed at Sevco and you wonder how far they can keep pushing the finances thy haven’t got. This could well be the season for one of “the rest” to really push for a title challenge that was never going to happen with Rodgers at Celtic.

How exactly was Lennon a Shit manager at Celtic, he was FAR better in Europe and had a higher win percentage than Brendan ?  For me Lennon is better , lets see how Rodgers does when he actually has competition

11 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

How exactly was Lennon a Shit manager at Celtic, he was FAR better in Europe and had a higher win percentage than Brendan ?  For me Lennon is better , lets see how Rodgers does when he actually has competition

Lennon couldn’t manage a treble with Sevco out of the way. Rodgers managed two trebles with Sevco in the mix. Not only that, but Rodgers managed to go a full season unbeaten domestically. While on a game by game basis you wouldn’t expect a defeat, over the course of a season its incredibly difficult, just one off day, one day with the wrong mentality and the loss is there. 

42 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

While on a game by game basis you wouldn’t expect a defeat, over the course of a season its incredibly difficult, just one off day, one day with the wrong mentality and the loss is there. 

And that's precisely what Derek McInnes warned  his players about Wednesday evening...  :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Lennon couldn’t manage a treble with Sevco out of the way. Rodgers managed two trebles with Sevco in the mix. Not only that, but Rodgers managed to go a full season unbeaten domestically. While on a game by game basis you wouldn’t expect a defeat, over the course of a season its incredibly difficult, just one off day, one day with the wrong mentality and the loss is there. 

A treble, last season  ?they played Motherwell twice in finals with 500 times the budget and Sevco have been in bigger meltdown until SG came in with millions of borrowed money.

Again , lets see how Rodgers fairs, he was a total embarassment in Europe with Celtic and Liverpool. Lenny did 2-1 win and 2-1 loss

v Barca not 7-0 

1 minute ago, antrin said:

And that's precisely what Derek McInnes warned  his players about Wednesday evening...  :rolleyes:

McInnes once again shows, that when he needs to win, he eh doesnt

Guys a Fraud ( whatever the feck that means) :lol:

Incidently Celtic Fans have about 35000 Frauds, the ones that stayed away under Ronnie even when winning the league

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

A treble, last season  ?they played Motherwell twice in finals with 500 times the budget and Sevco have been in bigger meltdown until SG came in with millions of borrowed money.

Again , lets see how Rodgers fairs, he was a total embarassment in Europe with Celtic and Liverpool. Lenny did 2-1 win and 2-1 loss

v Barca not 7-0 

They didn’t just end up straight in the final, they still had to win a bunch of one-off games to get there. I’m sure Lennon or Deila crashed out to Morton or something stupid at one point.

This league season hasn’t been the most convincing for Rodgers but it was always going to be hard living up to the unbeaten season 2 years ago.

As for Stevie G and Sevco, on 11 occasions they have failed to win in the league this season. A team spunking the amount of money they do, that record should be a lot better. Both bigots have not been overly impressive, hence why Aberdeen and Kilmarnock kept up chase for so long. In the grand scheme of things European Results only benefit the bigots financially and don’t have a major impact aside from that, domestically is where they are judged most, and Rodgers won every trophy he entered. While you would expect it, actually carrying it out is a different problem, knowing a defeat in the one off game kills off your chances, again going back to the off day, other team playing out of their skin type of thing. Lennon is yet to win a treble, he was shite at Bolton too. He had a couple of good seasons at Hibs before having another poor season. Rodgers impressed at Swansea and was the closest to bringing Liverpool their first title since 1991 (Klopp may well challenge that this year). The Lennon/Gerrard combination could well be challenged if an outsider prepares well through summer and goes in with the right mentality.

Guest TPAFKATS
They didn’t just end up straight in the final, they still had to win a bunch of one-off games to get there. I’m sure Lennon or Deila crashed out to Morton or something stupid at one point.
This league season hasn’t been the most convincing for Rodgers but it was always going to be hard living up to the unbeaten season 2 years ago.
As for Stevie G and Sevco, on 11 occasions they have failed to win in the league this season. A team spunking the amount of money they do, that record should be a lot better. Both bigots have not been overly impressive, hence why Aberdeen and Kilmarnock kept up chase for so long. In the grand scheme of things European Results only benefit the bigots financially and don’t have a major impact aside from that, domestically is where they are judged most, and Rodgers won every trophy he entered. While you would expect it, actually carrying it out is a different problem, knowing a defeat in the one off game kills off your chances, again going back to the off day, other team playing out of their skin type of thing. Lennon is yet to win a treble, he was shite at Bolton too. He had a couple of good seasons at Hibs before having another poor season. Rodgers impressed at Swansea and was the closest to bringing Liverpool their first title since 1991 (Klopp may well challenge that this year). The Lennon/Gerrard combination could well be challenged if an outsider prepares well through summer and goes in with the right mentality.
Yeah Neil Lennon's sellik crashed out to Danny Lennon's Buddies. That was certainly a cup shocker.

Celtic have called a chant hoping for Brendan Rodgers' death "disgusting and pathetic".

Footage emerged in the aftermath of the club's 2-1 win over Hearts at Tynecastle featuring fans in an Edinburgh pub singing "I hope you die in your sleep Brendan Rodgers, with a bullet from the IRA".

Rodgers had completed a move to Leicester City the previous day, and supporters at Tynecastle displayed a banner reading "YOU TRADED IMMORTALITY FOR MEDIOCRITY. NEVER A CELT. ALWAYS A FRAUD”.

The greatest fans in the world doing themselves proud once again.

18 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I'd disagree, the scum's financial capability is isuperior to some of the teams who have done better in these european competitions, so he and the scum should be judged as much on their euro-failures as on their domestic success

Did you see the almost apologetic look on his face at the KP?  He knows he has signed up forthe payday and not the success and that the money is his no matter how badly or well he does.  Just the same as most premiership managers, really.