John McGinn

12 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Absolutely nothing more than pure speculation at the moment, but a few sources saying that Brendan Rogers is going to go after John McGinn in the summer.

Are we entitled to any more sell on there i.e. if Hibs make more money through any sell on they agreed with Villa, are we entitled to a third of that as well?

Yes. This includes sell on clauses. 

Im sure I read Hibs have a 20% sell on on any profit made. So if Mcginn goes for say £15m (which isn't too out there given he's had a good season in a shite villa side) , Hibs will get £2.4m and we'd be entitled to a further third of that. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yes. This includes sell on clauses. 

Im sure I read Hibs have a 20% sell on on any profit made. So if Mcginn goes for say £15m (which isn't too out there given he's had a good season in a shite villa side) , Hibs will get £2.4m and we'd be entitled to a further third of that. 

Surely 20% of £15m is £3m ?   Just realised %20 of profit     Doh!

Edited by jaybee
idiot at work

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
2 hours ago, jaybee said:
Surely 20% of £15m is £3m ?   Just realised %20 of profit     Doh!

Was wondering if it was minus VAT.

For us is would not be minus anything - it is all a great big BONUS

Given what we have brought in on a bit of a tight budget this season and the further McGinn money x 2

Maybe Tony is not far wrong in predicting that we will win the League SOON !

Top 6 in the next 2 years will do as a short term goal !     CO Y Spondoolies !                             :bounce2:bounce2

8 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Lets hope we don’t spunk it all on a 4 game new management team this time round!

Personally, I’ve never found spunking to be a waste of time....................

But I get yer drift...................

3 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

I was of the belief that we only receive ONE sell-on fee, from when Hibs sold him. If we are to receive further sell-ons for future transfers, that would be tremendous, considering his stock has already risen down south.

Aye....

I am also massively sceptical about this cloud of sparkly fairy dust - though VERY happy to be proved wrong. 

I can see sell-ons stretching towards infinity..."depending on how the contract is written".

I was speaking with a Hibs fan in a pub a few weeks ago who said Hibs would get a further million if Villa gained promotion this year, and saints would be due a third of that.

He was hoping that Villa didn't get promoted, as the alternative would be a percentage of profit on selling him to a premiership club, which would be more than a million. Again saints would be due a third of what hibs get. 

4 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

I was of the belief that we only receive ONE sell-on fee, from when Hibs sold him. If we are to receive further sell-ons for future transfers, that would be tremendous, considering his stock has already risen down south.

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

It all depends on how the contract is written. Hopefully it's for a share of any profit that Hibs receive.

So along with a share of the initial transfer fee, it's a share of anything they get in the future. emoji106.png

17 minutes ago, antrin said:

Aye....

I am also massively sceptical about this cloud of sparkly fairy dust - though VERY happy to be proved wrong. 

I can see sell-ons stretching towards infinity..."depending on how the contract is written".

Any money that Hibs make from John McGinn we will be owed 1/3, it's part of the deal. If there is a 20% sell-on it forms part of the full package and we would get 1/3 of that money. 

Same goes if Villa sell him to Leicester and they write in a sell-on, if he moves again. Anything that gets back to Hibs, we're quids in. It's broken only when a transfer deal happens with no sell-on. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Hibs are due a payment at the end of the season, which we are due a third of.

It's not linked to promotion.

Yes - I think this is payment No. 2 with a 3rd part to follow.

Who says we are skint and have blown the budget?    :fire2

Think on the quality of player we will attract for next season . . .   :happyclapper

13 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yes - I think this is payment No. 2 with a 3rd part to follow.

Who says we are skint and have blown the budget?    :fire2

Think on the quality of player we will attract for next season . . .   :happyclapper

Yeah the £1 million is definitely in tranches 

19 hours ago, antrin said:

Aye....

Regardless of what happens, we will also take a cut of all of John McGinn's transfer fees for the remainder of his career as we and Hibs trained him as a youth. We will get 3.5% and Hibs 1.5% of all transfer fees he's involved in.

Might not sound much on the face of things but if John McGinn pulls in £30m of transfer fees over the remainder of his career, that's a million quid.

13 hours ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Just as long as its not on a Bosman!

He's on a long deal at Villa, and they look like they've chucked the promotion bid now. Thing is, I can't imagine Jack Grealish hanging around for yet another season at that level when Spurs were so interested last summer. And will Villa sell them both on the same window? Depends how f**ked their finances really are, I guess.

It'll be interesting, but at least we've not budgeted for any of this so it'll be a bonus either way. 

He's on a long deal at Villa, and they look like they've chucked the promotion bid now. Thing is, I can't imagine Jack Grealish hanging around for yet another season at that level when Spurs were so interested last summer. And will Villa sell them both on the same window? Depends how f**ked their finances really are, I guess.
It'll be interesting, but at least we've not budgeted for any of this so it'll be a bonus either way. 

Finances do not look too good at all !!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villas-latest-financial-reports-15929160

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So chances are McGinn, or Grealish or both and maybe some others will get punted - if the offer is high enough.

Grealish for £20 M, McGinn for £16 M and they can clear their debt . . .