John McGinn

5 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Interesting to see how much McGinn is being talked up down south. 

He's definitely a very talented player and one that fans love due to his all action style, commitment and energy. The slight negatives are that he can be prone to getting caught in possession and sloppy passes - particularly noticeable in a (very poor) Scotland team in recent times but it was apparent at Hibs in recent years as well. 

The English lower leagues aren't all they're cracked up to be but let's hope that he uses it as the springboard as others have in their improvement. It would be wonderful to see him go all the way to the top like Andy Robertson has done. 

It most certainly would be. Even for the national team, but what are the chances of us having a couple of Top Premiership team players?

John was a great servant to us and I do wish him all the best, but it is possible that if Villa go up, they will want to hold on to him and improve their squad/team in other positions.

But if they do cash in.... caaa...ching - thank you very much indeed.

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

It most certainly would be. Even for the national team, but what are the chances of us having a couple of Top Premiership team players?

John was a great servant to us and I do wish him all the best, but it is possible that if Villa go up, they will want to hold on to him and improve their squad/team in other positions.

But if they do cash in.... caaa...ching - thank you very much indeed.

Hate to bust anyone's bubble but there is no sell on... sell on... fee.

can anyone cite such a thing for a player effectively signed on a pca?

if it is so then that Gordon McQueen payday is long overdue!

59 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I DID think that and posted my thoughts a while ago, but IIRC- I was corrected.

Yon bubble husnae burst.  Honest.

(Or it could just be my memory that has bust....)

It wasn't a PCA - it was a sale for a negotiated fee with a sell on - and a good one at that.

Sell on...sell on fees are fairly normal eg. James McCarthy, Van Dijk, and so they should be. The idea of a sell on is you get a proportion of the future transfer fee - which should mean any sell on part too, or it could become a way for the selling club to screw you.

7 hours ago, porks said:

It wasn't a PCA - it was a sale for a negotiated fee with a sell on - and a good one at that.

Sell on...sell on fees are fairly normal eg. James McCarthy, Van Dijk, and so they should be. The idea of a sell on is you get a proportion of the future transfer fee - which should mean any sell on part too, or it could become a way for the selling club to screw you.

Well cited.

We sold McGinn at a knock down price with sell on. Hibs did the same. Therefore any benefit from the next transfer is part of the transfer FROM HIBS. Ergo we get our percentage.

In fact. I'd suggest that, if Villa sell with a sell on then I would expect we'd get a share of the Hibs share from the Villa share of the next sale. 

LPM is simply trying to dowse the flames of optimism as usual.

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Well cited.

We sold McGinn at a knock down price with sell on. Hibs did the same. Therefore any benefit from the next transfer is part of the transfer FROM HIBS. Ergo we get our percentage.

In fact. I'd suggest that, if Villa sell with a sell on then I would expect we'd get a share of the Hibs share from the Villa share of the next sale. 

Anyone got any actual  proof our previous 'sell em cheap' board actually negotiated a double sell on clause? That would be more helpful than wishing it to be so.

47 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Anyone got any actual  proof our previous 'sell em cheap' board actually negotiated a double sell on clause? That would be more helpful than wishing it to be so.

There doesn't have to be a "double sell on" clause.

IF Hibs get more money for McGInn, the onus would have been on the buying club, in this case, Hibs, to make sure there WASN'T a percentage of the sell on going to Saints. Profit is profit is profit. The price Villa paid for McGinn was affected by the deal to give more if and when he was sold on. Same deal. Only the fact the second part is separated by time.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

There doesn't have to be a "double sell on" clause.

IF Hibs get more money for McGInn, the onus would have been on the buying club, in this case, Hibs, to make sure there WASN'T a percentage of the sell on going to Saints. Profit is profit is profit. The price Villa paid for McGinn was affected by the deal to give more if and when he was sold on. Same deal. Only the fact the second part is separated by time.

Say what?

either there is a deal that both hibs and st mirren signed up to meaning smfc will be due a percentage of yet another transfer fee or there isn't!

Say what?
either there is a deal that both hibs and st mirren signed up to meaning smfc will be due a percentage of yet another transfer fee or there isn't!
The deal is we get 33% of any profit Hibs make on John McGinn. Hibs now have clauses in their transfer agreement with Vills. Any money they get for John McGinn (from their transfer agreement) from now on is profit we get our share of that.

19 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Think yet again you are wrong on this one!   :turtle

Edited by Sweeper07

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Say what?

No.

The deal Saints made covers any profit Hibs get. IF McGinn is sold on then the extra money IS part of that profit which Saints get 33% of.

It's all part of the ONE transfer deal from Hibs.

I find it amazing you can't fathom this out without a step by step, idiot proof guide.

Edited by stlucifer

8 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Well cited.

McGinn walked out on club not telling anybody his intention's....not interested in him..

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

No.

The deal Saints made covers any profit Hibs get. IF McGinn is sold on then the extra money IS part of that profit which Saints get 33% of.

I find it amazing you can't fathom this out without a step by step, idiot proof guide.

YOU hit the nail on the head . . .   :magic

3 hours ago, Hambud said:

I also believe if villa get promoted they give Hibs a £1m bonus which we get our cut off. So even if they dont sell him we still get our 33% of that.

3 hours ago, Hambud said:
8 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
Say what?

The deal is we get 33% of any profit Hibs make on John McGinn. Hibs now have clauses in their transfer agreement with Vills. Any money they get for John McGinn (from their transfer agreement) from now on is profit we get our share of that.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

No.

Aye, aye, aye.... i hear opinions, i dont see hard facts. Have smfc or hibs ever stated that smfc would be entitled to any sell on fee, after McGinn left hibs to join villa?