John McGinn

4 hours ago, pod said:
19 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Looks like our budget for next season will be pretty healthy . . . get a good squad and do some smart things for the fans too . . .

Like a couple of strikers. 

Quite cheap! I mean how much can 5000 boxes of swan vestas cost?  🤣

20 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Thanks to Alan Stubbs for this amazing deal.

FFS Alan gie it a rest. You were shite and told to f**k off. The Board knew it, the players knew it and the fans knew it. However you still stand alone at the door with your lip trembling claiming it was all a mistake. Just f**k off to any other club that will have you and gie us peace.

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

FFS Alan gie it a rest. You were shite and told to f**k off. The Board knew it, the players knew it and the fans knew it. However you still stand alone at the door with your lip trembling claiming it was all a mistake. Just f**k off to any other club that will have you and gie us peace.

Oh dear. :lol:

6 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

I have yet to see any official confirmation that Saints are due any part of a fee agreed between Hibs and Villa

They already had a percentage of the first instalment. What would make you think Saints wouldn't be due the same percentage of the rest of the fee? It's all one transfer deal. 

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

They already had a percentage of the first instalment. What would make you think Saints wouldn't be due the same percentage of the rest of the fee? It's all one transfer deal. 

This reply from my source on the board would -

Regarding John, it will depend if Hibs have a clause about his promotion in their agreement with Villa. If they do we would be entitled to a percentage of that, but I don't know if they have that clause. My guess is that they will, but the amount we would get won't be huge, although a nice bonus if it does come

29 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Regarding John, it will depend if Hibs have a clause about his promotion in their agreement with Villa. If they do we would be entitled to a percentage of that, but I don't know if they have that clause. My guess is that they will, but the amount we would get won't be huge, although a nice bonus if it does come

Your "source" forgot to sign it. :unsure:

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Hibs do have a promotion clause.

So we'll get some of that.

Like Hibs, we're also due the remainder of the percentage on the total transfer fee.

Correct, we are due 1/3rd of any McGinn fee to Hibernian.

This includes performance based clauses and crucially, sell on fees. Hibs are reported to have a sell on fee of 20% of whatever profit Villa make on him. If that is the case, when they sell him on, we'll be entitled to a third of that 20%.

His stock is massive as well. Villa would be wanting upwards of £20m for him.

Edited by djchapsticks

39 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

How can your source know how much, or little the club will get when they don't know IF, or how much, Hibs would get. Your "source" admits we'd get some. That some MUST be the same percentage as we got from the first part of the deal.

That's only logical.

Anyway. Glad your source has put you right.

On 5/28/2019 at 6:02 PM, stlucifer said:

How can your source know how much, or little the club will get when they don't know IF, or how much, Hibs would get. Your "source" admits we'd get some. That some MUST be the same percentage as we got from the first part of the deal.

That's only logical.

Anyway. Glad your source has put you right.

The reply states that they don't know what the details of Hibs deal with Villa is, and why would they ?

As for being put right, i simply stated i had not and still have not seen any official confirmation that we are due any money from the deal, it all depends on the detail of Hibs deal with Villa.

7 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

The reply states that they don't know what the details of Hibs deal with Villa is, and why would they ?

As for being put right, i simply stated i had not and still have not seen any official confirmation that we are due any money from the deal, it all depends on the detail of Hibs deal with Villa.

Your source told you, and I quote, "If they, (Hibs), do, (have a deal), we, (St. Mirren), would be entitled to a percentage of that".

Don't you believe your source?

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Your source told you, and I quote, "If they, (Hibs), do, (have a deal), we, (St. Mirren), would be entitled to a percentage of that".

Don't you believe your source?

Of course i believe the statement, the fact your missing is - at no point did i say we would not get any money, i simply stated that there is no official confirmation that the deal falls in our favour and the source stating they don't know the detail of the Hibs - Villa deal is not confirmation that we get any money is it ?

5 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Of course i believe the statement, the fact your missing is - at no point did i say we would not get any money, i simply stated that there is no official confirmation that the deal falls in our favour and the source stating they don't know the detail of the Hibs - Villa deal is not confirmation that we get any money is it ?

Great we are getting the money . . .   maybes and whatever sum percentage according to contract clauses etc. or maybes not.

I think I have got it . . . .

I do think we will get a sum and it should be 1/3rd of what Hibs get - but not sure if their contract wangles us out in any way . . . but I doubt it . . .

5 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

There's two parts to that.

The Hibs, Villa report is the reason we're talking about Hibs, Saints. It's the whole reason for the debate.

You said there's no confirmation that we WOULD GET money IF Hibs get money.

I am using common logic to suggest we would. Your Source agrees.