John McGinn

11 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Where ? Supply evidence ?

As some posters would have you believe that all contract details are in the public domain when the reality is, they’re not.

Why don't you ask the man who has already secured us around £1 million pounds due to his excellent handling of the McGinn sale to Hibs.:)

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye, aye, aye.... i hear opinions, i dont see hard facts. Have smfc or hibs ever stated that smfc would be entitled to any sell on fee, after McGinn left hibs to join villa?

So you don't know, but don't like others actually knowing . ..   but none-the-less- try to trash them with your usual negative vitriol ...

Watch, wait and learn . . .   :ninja

15 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So no one knows..?

as the Irish would say when asked if they would like something for the army 'tanks'

I DID think that and posted my thoughts a while ago, but IIRC- I was corrected.

Yon bubble husnae burst.  Honest.

(Or it could just be my memory that has bust....)

wow...  I just had a wee flash of deja vu...   :rolleyes:

Not too sure on this , but does a cut of any transfer fees always finds its way to the club  that originally developed by the player ? 
There is some development fee returned to original clubs out of transfers, solidarity payments is what is called.

Page 25 and 70 on this
https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/regulations-on-the-status-and-transfer-of-players-2018-2925437.pdf

No.
The deal Saints made covers any profit Hibs get. IF McGinn is sold on then the extra money IS part of that profit which Saints get 33% of.
It's all part of the ONE transfer deal from Hibs.
I find it amazing you can't fathom this out without a step by step, idiot proof guide.
It's the same as Van Dijk in that Celtic benefitted from clause they had with Southampton and Groningen benefitted from original clause they had with Celtic.

So when Southampton bought him from Celtic then Gronigen benefitted first time round. When Southampton sold to Liverpool then Celtic benefitted from their direct sell-on clause, however Groningen continued to benefit from their clause with Celtic.

The bit that may change in the downstream benefit is that clauses could be either % of sale or % of profit. The first time round this would give different figures, however for secondary benefit in the case of Van Dijk, and likely with McGinn, these would give the same number as the profit element covered in the first return.

5 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Not too sure on this , but does a cut of any transfer fees always finds its way to the club  that originally developed by the player ? 

I doubt it as there could be an argument as to whether the transfer amount was due to the original development or the continued development under the player's new club. I suspect the original development fee is all that would be due.

ETA.

Going by what madball said, and I can't open the PDF, I stand corrected.

Edited by stlucifer

It's the same as Van Dijk in that Celtic benefitted from clause they had with Southampton and Groningen benefitted from original clause they had with Celtic.

So when Southampton bought him from Celtic then Gronigen benefitted first time round. When Southampton sold to Liverpool then Celtic benefitted from their direct sell-on clause, however Groningen continued to benefit from their clause with Celtic.

The bit that may change in the downstream benefit is that clauses could be either % of sale or % of profit. The first time round this would give different figures, however for secondary benefit in the case of Van Dijk, and likely with McGinn, these would give the same number as the profit element covered in the first return.
And some small local club made a lot of money when Armstrong went to Southampton.

• 1 month later...