John McGinn

9 hours ago, 17/03/13 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4574099/john-mcginn-kenny-mclean-long-road-top-st-mirren-davie-longwell/

Good interview with Davie Longwell about McGinn & McLeans development through our academy

Odd to think Kenny McLean will be playing in the English Premier while Stevie Mallan is still at Hibs. Hopefully Stevie M can move on soon enough, he is surely talented enough and I hate seeing him in a Hibs shirt playing against us!

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Odd to think Kenny McLean will be playing in the English Premier while Stevie Mallan is still at Hibs. Hopefully Stevie M can move on soon enough, he is surely talented enough and I hate seeing him in a Hibs shirt playing against us!

Mallan got a bit of a rough time from some Saints fans last Saturday. Those responsible must have really short memories. 

52 minutes ago, Kemp said:

49 minutes ago, munoz said:

Mallan got a bit of a rough time from some Saints fans last Saturday. Those responsible must have really short memories. 

A few Hibs fans after the game were saying they want him dropped/there's another guy who they want given a chance. They too must have short memories given he cleaned up at their PotY awards. I'd happily have him back absolutely any time.

23 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

A few Hibs fans after the game were saying they want him dropped/there's another guy who they want given a chance. They too must have short memories given he cleaned up at their PotY awards. I'd happily have him back absolutely any time.

If you watch the highlights he is involved in almost all the good stuff that they did, I think the problem is shoehorning him and Allan in to the same team.....

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

Mallans can smack a ball, guy you want on free kicks, that’s about it. As much as I love to see youth graduates do well, I just don’t think he’s got it. Looks gubbed after 30 mins !!! 

His goal against raith was one of the best goals I’ve seen but too many people rate him way too much. McGinn and mclean are miles better.

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:
1 hour ago, rabuddies said:
Well they've got four and a half hours. Unless the bidders wait till the next window to see how he shapes up to life in the higher league.

He'll be with Villa for his season, but, assuming he's a standout, I expect he'll be picked up by a top 6 side next summer.

For alot more money. Kerching. 

As its been done to death. Its minimal if anything. Why on earth would Villa agree to giving us Third of his transfer fee? Jeez these things dont run forever, and if Hibs were canny it probably stopped on our deal with them!
More than minimal.

"“This solidarity contribution reflects the number of years (calculated prorata if less than one year) he was registered with the relevant club(s) between the seasons of his 12th and 23rd birthdays, as follows:

Season of 12th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

Season of 13th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

Season of 14th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

Season of 15th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

Season of 16th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 17th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 18th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 19th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 20th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 21st birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 22nd birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 23rd birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation).”

Going by that, Saints would be due 4% of any fee Villa receive for McGinn. The 33% of anything Hibs get is, for me, still up for discussion.

Source

https://www.lawinsport.com/content/sports/item/a-guide-to-training-compensation-and-solidarity-payments-in-football

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

More than minimal.

"“This solidarity contribution reflects the number of years (calculated prorata if less than one year) he was registered with the relevant club(s) between the seasons of his 12th and 23rd birthdays, as follows:

Season of 12th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

Season of 13th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

Season of 14th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

Season of 15th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

Season of 16th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 17th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 18th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 19th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 20th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 21st birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 22nd birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

Season of 23rd birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation).”

Going by that, Saints would be due 4% of any fee Villa receive for McGinn. The 33% of anything Hibs get is, for me, still up for discussion.

Source

https://www.lawinsport.com/content/sports/item/a-guide-to-training-compensation-and-solidarity-payments-in-football

Unless the club agreed to negotiate it out for more money upfront?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Maybe in five years?

Maybe a year , who knows. What is important is,  that all the investment of time and cash has paid dividends and will do again. Its shown just how important the Academy is to the club.