Ryan Flynn

Absolutely delighted to be proven wrong the last few weeks in him. 

Like most, I thought he was a stick on for being one of those shipped out in January but rather than just cling on, he's actually excelled. 

On Saturday when Cammy and Steve Mcginn were struggling to get a performance in the heart of the park, Ryan was the guy in there who was trying to pull the strings in horrendous conditions. 

His performance sort of summed up the entire team on Saturday. Gritty, determined, kept at it, got the reward for it. 

Hopefully when Tansey, Lyons and Magennis are back, it aids Flynn even more. 

Against Hearts he was fantastic and I ate some humble pie. 

He has been excellent. He is clearly better in that more central role. His tackling and intercepting in the middle was key on Saturday.

And the fact he created the chance on Saturday and bust his backside to get into a position for a re-bound was excellent. Watch that run again from Saturday and you appreciate the goal (scrappy finish) even more as it was from determination.

Well done Flynn!! 

27 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Against Hearts he was fantastic and I ate some humble pie. 

He has been excellent. He is clearly better in that more central role. His tackling and intercepting in the middle was key on Saturday.

And the fact he created the chance on Saturday and bust his backside to get into a position for a re-bound was excellent. Watch that run again from Saturday and you appreciate the goal (scrappy finish) even more as it was from determination.

Well done Flynn!! 

In his earlier years, Flynn was all about pace and on the wing.  As the years have went on, he has developed more into a central player who can tackle, has an eye for a pass and can chip in going forward. He has been one of the main driving forces behind our recent turn of results. To get that winning goal on Saturday was very fitting for him. Take a bow Mr Flynn.

There's only wan Ryan Flynn - He has gone from very unwanted to a star in the last month.

HE has played his part in us picking up our latest 5 points - his goal alone won 3 of them - but we have a team NOW.

Really hope he plays a blinder against Killie !     C O Y RF  

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I've always thought Flynn was good and never gave less than 100%. The only thing that surprised me was that ALBA gave MotM to Brad Lyons!

I think Lyons had his best game for us today and scored the winner - the difference from 1 point to 3.

He was everywhere, perhaps not as good as Flynn, but he won me over today . . . 

9 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think Lyons had his best game for us today and scored the winner - the difference from 1 point to 3.

He was everywhere, perhaps not as good as Flynn, but he won me over today . . . 

I should have qualified this as NOT a dig at Lyons. He wasn't bad but if anyone else deserved MotM it would have been McKenzie.

9 hours ago, doonhamer said:

Funny old game. I thought the entire midfield was posted missing today and Flynn was largely anonymous.

I know a midfielder scored the winner but other than that I really don’t think our midfield imposed themselves today.

Hopefully McGinn can give us 90 minutes on Wednesday.

How much did you drink before the game?