Knife Crime

faraway saint

On 3/4/2019 at 6:26 PM, oaksoft said:

Why on earth are you "frightened"? :blink:

As an aside, the problem is clearly focussed on London drug gangs.

Legalise all drugs and the problem will die away.

I wonder how long it will take people to realise this.

This 9 year old, seemingly, was part of a London drug gang. :thumbsdown

• 3 weeks later...

Another for the gallows.....................................an 87 year old man on a mobility scooter. <_<

Imagine getting through 87 years and THIS is how it ends? 

A “dangerous” knife-wielding man who was seen fleeing the scene of a fatal attack on an 87-year-old man in a mobility scooter is being sought by detectives.

Thomas O’Halloran was killed in a “shocking act” of “unprovoked violence” at around 4pm on Tuesday, the Metropolitan Police said.

Officers were called to Cayton Road, in Greenford, west London, to reports of a stabbing and the charity fundraiser was declared dead at the scene.

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Another for the gallows.....................................an 87 year old man on a mobility scooter. <_<

Imagine getting through 87 years and THIS is how it ends? 

A “dangerous” knife-wielding man who was seen fleeing the scene of a fatal attack on an 87-year-old man in a mobility scooter is being sought by detectives.

Thomas O’Halloran was killed in a “shocking act” of “unprovoked violence” at around 4pm on Tuesday, the Metropolitan Police said.

Officers were called to Cayton Road, in Greenford, west London, to reports of a stabbing and the charity fundraiser was declared dead at the scene.

A 44 year old man has been arrested.

A couple of concrete blocks and a trip to the nearest deep river and that would have been the end of him, saving us all a whole lot of money.

That's me helping the current financial crises. 

A couple of concrete blocks and a trip to the nearest deep river and that would have been the end of him, saving us all a whole lot of money.

And it would have fed the fish. A win win.

23 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Now been charged.

WTF drives a man of 44 to stab an 87 year old man on a mobility scooter? 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Not knife crime but an absolute tragedy, an innocent wee girl shot by a deranged cnut.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-62655200

See when this 5 ft 7 skinny cnut is caught dont lock him up in some high security prison...simply put him in with other inmates and turn a blind eye.... hope his torture is very slow...scum

I have close personal acquaintance with people who have suffered from knife crime in Glasgow. One lost a brother aged 19 and the other still carries over 140 stitches from an unprovoked attack. We don’t have to look outside Scotland. Wherever it happens the consequences for the victims are dire.

On 8/19/2022 at 10:47 AM, Slarti said:
On 8/19/2022 at 6:47 AM, faraway saint said:
Now been charged.
WTF drives a man of 44 to stab an 87 year old man on a mobility scooter? 

Childhood abuse? Not saying that's the reason, just answering the question. Or maybe he's just a c**t.

to some extent, we are all abused as children.  Could be in school by teachers or bullies, at home by oarents who simply did not know or care how to bring up a child, by siblings or outside of home and school.  Poverty, deprivation (not the same thing in my book), alienation  None of us escape it and it probably is the most damaging thing that happens to 95% of kids.  Not an excuse for anything,  it's something we never take the time to think through properly-if there is some part o you you don't like in adulthood then it probably has it's roots in your childhood

Edited by beyond our ken

to some extent, we are all abused as children.  Could be in school by teachers or bullies, at home by oarents who simply did not know or care how to bring up a child, by siblings or outside of home and school.  Poverty, deprivation (not the same thing in my book), alienation  None of us escape it and it probably is the most damaging thing that happens to 95% of kids.  Not an excuse for anything,  it's something we never take the time to think through properly-if there is some part o you you don't like in adulthood then it probably has it's roots in your childhood

You're right - sort of - but you're using "abuse" in a different, much wider, context to the way I was using it. Also, it is an excuse, just possibly not a valid one - then again, what one person sees as a valid excuse, another may not.

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:

You're right - sort of - but you're using "abuse" in a different, much wider, context to the way I was using it. Also, it is an excuse, just possibly not a valid one - then again, what one person sees as a valid excuse, another may not.

there might be reasons why someone ended up in a specific state, but very few of them can excuse such behaviour.  Even the mentally ill have some degree of control over their actions, to some extent, it's only a very few extreme cases that can be excused though.  There really is no excuse for the two examples discussed here.

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

I have close personal acquaintance with people who have suffered from knife crime in Glasgow. One lost a brother aged 19 and the other still carries over 140 stitches from an unprovoked attack. We don’t have to look outside Scotland. Wherever it happens the consequences for the victims are dire.

How long have the stitches been in? 🤔

44 minutes ago, HSS said:

How long have the stitches been in? 🤔

I’ll treat this as a serious question that maybe has just been badly phrased. The young guy had 144 stitches inserted. A number on his face and a lot on his back. The weapon of choice was a Stanley knife. The plastic surgeon who treated him told his father that he would do a good job and did. He also told his father that 10 minutes longer in getting to hospital then he would have bled out. This isn’t something that family will forget. To answer your “question” directly - the stitches are long since out. The young man who died was much less fortunate. The latter was connected to OF rivalry.

Edited by Rascal

there might be reasons why someone ended up in a specific state, but very few of them can excuse such behaviour.  Even the mentally ill have some degree of control over their actions, to some extent, it's only a very few extreme cases that can be excused though.  There really is no excuse for the two examples discussed here.
Again, you miss out the word "valid" and, as I said already, what one sees as valid another might not. I'm not saying that there are any valid excuses in either of these cases just that, without knowing all the details, it's hard to make an accurate judgement - that's what court cases are for.

39 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I heard that this piece of rat shit is going on trial next MAY.

Aye, May 2023.

What a fecking joke.

I heard this today on the radio and my first reaction was why does it take so long?

Don't the authorities understand that a trial might bring some small consolation to the family and friends of this poor man?

Let me and my mates have 5 minutes with him. 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Isn't it sadly ironic the one of the intended victims, a scummy drug dealer, is alive?

It's like a scene from a movie. :(

We are too fcuking soft on the punishments handed out to these cunts. 

So many innocent lives are being lost to drug dealing and the murders and domestic violence that occur as a result.

There is so much money to be made from drug dealing that it results in turf wars. We saw a huge rise in the 80s of drug gangs in Paisley with heroin, but cocaine and other class A drugs in demand.

When I first went south in the 80s I’d not seen anyone do cocaine in person apart from American movies. Then I saw it as an “executive/rich man’s” drug of choice popular with investment bankers and stockbrokers. 

Over time I started to see it become readily available in the 90s and 00s (cut many times with all manner of shit) to those with a decent wage.

Now I’m seeing teenagers at the football snorting away. It’s fcuking rife now in Scotland. If I wanted to I can order drugs to my front door far quicker than a local takeaway. 

People in Scotland consume roughly double the global average of cocaine in a single session – 1.2 grams compared with 0.5 grams. Perhaps that is down to purity levels. 
Common cocaine additives include: Laundry detergent, Laxatives, Caffeine, Boric acid, Local anesthetics like procaine, Creatine.

These all come in a white powder form that is visually indistinguishable from the standard form of street cocaine. They are not particularly dangerous but also not something you would generally want in your body. Small particles in laundry detergent can build up in arteries and cause dangerous blockages in the heart, brain, or liver.

One of my best mates down south was a high flying IT senior executive with decades of experience. He got involved with a group who regularly did coke. He became addicted and subsequently lost his job, had to sell a beautiful home, , massive credit card debts. I could do nothing to stop him. He is now 58 years old and he can’t even recognise his own wife, children, or grandchildren as his brain is completely fcuked. Now in full time care. 

The murder rate in Glasgow accounts for 19% of all homicide cases in Scotland. The murder rate stands at 5.1 per 100,000 people, which is the highest in Scotland and by extension one of the highest in Europe.

I’ve traveled to many countries in my time and one of the safest and cleanest places I ever visited was Singapore. I am choosing Singapore as the population is quite similar to Scotland as both between 5 and 6 Million.

“Singapore has a low murder rate of 0.3 per 100,000 inhabitants.”

In Glasgow The murder rate stands at 5.1 per 100,000 people. 

So in effect you are SEVENTEEN times more likely to get murdered in Glasgow than Singapore.

”In Singapore while robbery and robbery are nearly unheard of. This places the country as the second safest in the world, ranking second among the top ten countries with the lowest crime rates. Singapore has strict rules that go a long way toward making citizens law-abiding. Many offenses have severe punishments, such as whipping and other torturous punishments. The death penalty is also commonly utilized in this country.”

“Singapore has a reputation for being a safe, peaceful, and orderly city. In 2021, it was ranked the third safest city in the world, losing out on the top spots to Tokyo and Copenhagen. In 2021, Singapore recorded the longest period of serious crime-free days since 2015. However, “low crime does not mean no crime”, as the popular catchphrase in Singapore goes. While violent crime, theft, and crimes against persons are rare occurrences in the city-state, fraud and scams, especially those occurring online, are on the rise. 

Singapore is able to keep its crime rate low by enforcing strict laws and punishments on those who break the law, as well as having a sophisticated system of surveillance. From the high fines for littering to the use of capital punishment for crimes such as drug trafficking and homicide, such measures seem to be an effective deterrent to would-be transgressors. Despite the criticisms from various human rights organizations, Singapore still carries out capital punishment for crimes such as drug trafficking and murder. The harsh penalties imposed on crimes related to drug abuse are also apparent when looking at the Singapore prison population: in 2021, more than two-thirds of the inmate population were there for drug offenses.”

Edited by SuperSaints1877

48 minutes ago, Slarti said:
7 hours ago, faraway saint said:
You need to get a hobby, some of your recent posts are almost world beaters in length, no idea about the content, had to do some work today. emoji38.png

He's good at copying and pasting.

I thought I made it clear that I had researched the subject and used quotation marks to represent data I’d extracted from relevant and accurate sources. Usually I post the link where I’m quoting the information from but on this occasion I omitted it. My apologies. At least I’m trying to provoke debate, rather than belittling peoples opinions. 😝