Fakes Away

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Maybes its Snow fair..?

this is why its cancelled, and they should be fined for making no effort with USH or clearance.

IMG_1772.JPG

Ffs we have a fully qualified groundsman now...you do not have a clue how the pitch is..talking about fining club when you have absolutley no idea...

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Maybes its Snow fair..?

this is why its cancelled.

IMG_1772.JPG

Strange to see so much snow on the pitch. Doesn't look like a great amount of effort went into getting the game on. As IOBS said, it's not the pitch alone that is taken into account. St Johnstone have a large area for car parking. Might have been difficult to keep clear.

10 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Accies winning:thumbsdown

Even worse is hearts have had only 1 effort on target. Accies have had 5 and are all over them.

Really Really hope it is a game of 2 halves.

On the positive side - playing today would have been a lottery, just like our 2 previous games. Hopefully we play them on a dry pitch and show what good players we have as we take home the 3 points !

Tommy Wright was interviewed on Radio Scotland earlier.He said the game would probably be played a week on Weds due to us having players away on international duties.

He also said the pitch was clear at 9:30am.

There's a suggestion the game will be played on Wednesday 27th, I hope the club opposes this. Scotland under 21s are playing in Spain on 25th, Haiti at home on 24th, so likely Kyle and Nazon will be knackered, plus it's only three days before the big one v Dundee. Yesterday's results mean it's very unlikely St Johnstone will make the top six, with that in mind the logical time to play the game is cup semi final weekend.

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

There's a suggestion the game will be played on Wednesday 27th, I hope the club opposes this. Scotland under 21s are playing in Spain on 25th, Haiti at home on 24th, so likely Kyle and Nazon will be knackered, plus it's only three days before the big one v Dundee. Yesterday's results mean it's very unlikely St Johnstone will make the top six, with that in mind the logical time to play the game is cup semi final weekend.

St Johnstone made ZERO effort to get that game on. The rearranged fixture should be at a time of St Mirren's choosing!

The problem is there are no more free midweeks before the split so it will possibly be next midweek.

There has been a precedent, if I remember correctly, in playing a postponed match after the split between teams in different halves of the League but I just don't seeing it being allowed this time as Dundee and Hamilton would surely object.

Guest TPAFKATS
The problem is there are no more free midweeks before the split so it will possibly be next midweek.
There has been a precedent, if I remember correctly, in playing a postponed match after the split between teams in different halves of the League but I just don't seeing it being allowed this time as Dundee and Hamilton would surely object.
I think it has happened in the last season or two.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I think it would be allowed if there is no chance of the fixture affecting the make up of the top and bottom six. The difficulty is that St Johnstone could argue they still have a chance of top 6, so if the game isn't played next midweek, it could potentially affect the arranging of post split fixtures. Can't see the SPFL taking the risk.

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think it would be allowed if there is no chance of the fixture affecting the make up of the top and bottom six. The difficulty is that St Johnstone could argue they still have a chance of top 6, so if the game isn't played next midweek, it could potentially affect the arranging of post split fixtures. Can't see the SPFL taking the risk.

I would reckon all teams in the bottom six would want an exact number of games per team all played at the same time ie 3pm Saturday. One team having an extra game could impact on the others and would be resisted in my opinion.