Fakes Away

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Certainly doesn't feel entirely fair. Hope we get the three points. 

Is what it is and we just need to get on with it. Flip side is , if we get a result(against StJ) the pressure will be well and truly on Dundee. 

2 big results and momentum will be with us. 

There is no guarantee that their bog will be dry by next week either; so we can wait and see.

We are professionals and playing 2 big games in 4 days is no big deal if we don't pick up injuries or suspensions - we have had a bit of a rest up till then too.

What is really means is that the 1st game is hugely important - it will determine mentally how we go into the Dee game. A win or a draw and we are above Dee.

We take 4 or 6 points in these 2 and we are Marching on for sure.  :spud5

Feck me a measured post above.

at this time of season players dont need intense training sessions unless they are in rehab. A game day, rest day, light training/tactics day, then game day suits them better. We will only be one game more than the rest. And its an opportunity to put some psychological pressure on Dundee if we get a result in Perth. Imo its better than having a game in hand, because that puts pressure on you.

plus our team will be that bit sharper for having played a game when the Dundee players are just back from two weeks off.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Let’s hope it is and not an injury emoji856.png

They didn't mention it was because of an injury.

"As the Buddies want him to play in Wednesday night's game against the Fake Saints".

Was the quote.

2 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Looking for 4 points out of six from next two games. Not easy but doable.

I reckon we will need a minimum of sx points from these last four pre split games to stay in with a shout of the play off berth.

us Dundee and Hamilton wll all likely pick up points before the split, imo Hamilton only need to not lose two games and they are out of reach. I believe it us against Dundee for automatic relegation.

the fakes have been on a desperate run of late, the bad news is every team on a poor run seem to get out of it against us. A draw will do nothing for us but knock one more fixture of the schedule. Paying St Johnstone, Dundee, Celtic and Hamilton means to me we need to win at least two of those games. If we only win one its curtains.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

I reckon we will need a minimum of sx points from these last four pre split games to stay in with a shout of the play off berth.

us Dundee and Hamilton wll all likely pick up points before the split, imo Hamilton only need to not lose two games and they are out of reach. I believe it us against Dundee for automatic relegation.

the fakes have been on a desperate run of late, the bad news is every team on a poor run seem to get out of it against us. A draw will do nothing for us but knock one more fixture of the schedule. Paying St Johnstone, Dundee, Celtic and Hamilton means to me we need to win at least two of those games. If we only win one its curtains.

The Curtains were drawn long ago.

Even if Fakes are on a poor run so what. This is a team that won 7 away games on the bounce, drew at Sevco beat Dons, Hearts and Hibs. They have a seasoned team and a good manager.............

I would take a point and i think we will get it

Still be ahead of Dundee before Sat

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

The Curtains were drawn long ago.

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Even if Fakes are on a poor run so what. This is a team that won 7 away games on the bounce, drew at Sevco beat Dons, Hearts and Hibs. They have a seasoned team and a good manager.............

I would take a point and i think we will get it

Still be ahead of Dundee before Sat

For crying out loud have a word with yourself/selves.. lol

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

As it stands now, 1 point behind Dee and 7 behind Hamilton but with a game in hand. A draw against the Fakes will put us above Dee . . . . 

Over these next 4 games for us and 3 for our rivals, there are numerous possibilities - one of which is we beat Hamilton, Draw with Dee and the Fakes and both Hamilton and Dee get no more than 1 point over their 3 next fixture. That would leave us 3 behind Hamilton and Dee 3 points behind us. So a that stage it would hardly be "curtains for us" and even Dee would not be completely in the mire. . . . only 1 win and goal difference behind us...

The big deal is beating at least one of our 2 rivals and not losing to either; 1 or 3 points against the Fakes would definitely be most welcome though.

Dee have us, the Fakes and the Dons   ;    Hamilton face, Killie, Livi and us.   It is possible we could win 3 of our fixtures and most likely that we will take nothing from Tic.

Personally I'd be delighted if we beat both our rivals and took something from the Fakes (7 or 9 points from these 4 games). If we do that, I'd be surprised if Dee get more than a point from the Fakes and the Dons; and Although Hamilton could conceivably take something from Killie and Livi, the odds in it being more than 3 points won't be too high...

The 5  play-off games will determine the outcome for all 3 teams in the danger zone . . . these next 4 just level the playing field before that... :ninja

Come on YE SAINTS   :turtle

Edited by Sweeper07