Fakes Away

On 3/16/2019 at 9:40 AM, Sweeper07 said:

Tough for you missing our victory and having to avoid getting sunburned    :P            - but hope you have a nice break too.  :bounce2   

I won't be missing the victory Bud. A squad of us forming the vanguard of the BAWA and meeting in Perth at 2pm. Got Hotel booked. Not too worried about sunburn now but a wee bit concerned about ma liver.

COYS.

:guinness

On 3/20/2019 at 11:58 PM, oaksoft said:

We are a club full of professional footballers. There is no excuse whatsoever here. 4 games in 11 days is perfectly reasonable.

Agreed. I have mates down here who play 11s on Saturday, 6s on Monday, plus two training sessions on Tuesday and Thursday (and sometimes midweek games too). These guys aren’t professional but they seem to cope fine playing on a regular basis. They also end up with fixture pile ups due to regular call offs in winter, doesn’t stop them playing though.

Many of us would love to be professional footballers. Regular games would be a buzz for me, and after the international break I’d be desperate to get back playing (presuming I wasn’t an international). Ffs I get excited playing 6s on a Monday and I’m the fecking keeper. These games coming up should be motivation enough, especially with the battle they have on their hands.

2 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
Will Jack Ross recommendation Nelson and Robson sink Saints on Saturday ? Hope not that would leave a sour taste in my mouth. 

What's that got to do with "Fakes Away"?

Whatever you want it to be Tom who knows maybe you have worked out it was posted in the wrong thread. Don't let it spoil your day  

18 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Would like us to try going four two four for this one . With Simeon and the Duck up front .

Cant see the Duck starting tonight given the travelling he's had the last few days. Definitely agree with a more attacking approach though,  especially at home starting this coming Saturday.  

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Agreed. I have mates down here who play 11s on Saturday, 6s on Monday, plus two training sessions on Tuesday and Thursday (and sometimes midweek games too). These guys aren’t professional but they seem to cope fine playing on a regular basis. They also end up with fixture pile ups due to regular call offs in winter, doesn’t stop them playing though.

Many of us would love to be professional footballers. Regular games would be a buzz for me, and after the international break I’d be desperate to get back playing (presuming I wasn’t an international). Ffs I get excited playing 6s on a Monday and I’m the fecking keeper. These games coming up should be motivation enough, especially with the battle they have on their hands.

It's not that professional players can't handle 4 games in 11 days. You want your players at peak performance also recovery time from knocks. 

3 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Would like us to try going four two four for this one . With Simeon and the Duck up front .

NO CHANCE - 4 up front? Maybes' for the last 15 or 20 minutes if we are chasing the game, but not from the off. I am guessing you might mean 4-4-2 and not 4-2-4 perhaps?

Anyway - no need for that. We will start tight, hit them on the break, go 2 up and defend like hero's till the final whistle !  :ninja

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's not that professional players can't handle 4 games in 11 days. You want your players at peak performance also recovery time from knocks. 

It could also be about more serious injuries with less time to recover and more games to miss...

Guest TPAFKATS
I see St Johnstone haven't won in nine. Guess tonight's the first as we are excellent at giving teams on a bad run just what they need. 
Hoping you've given that the elvis jinx

So  4 - 4 - 2  or  4 -  5  -  1 with McAllister and Lyons doing the attacking wing role from midfield

No real midfield dig on the bench 3 defenders and 3 strikers and a young keeper.

Be interesting to see how our midfield performs - I do hope we get right into them!!!!

Fakes   0   v   2 for US   - got a wee feeling that Lyons and/or a CB might be among the goals tonight - just hoping it is in the Fakes net . . . 

Come on ORAN get us a win !                :cheers

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Tansey has been rested due to suspension. He would be my first pick for midfield we need steel in there. Can only think it's an injury. 

Must be taking no chance ! Need him against Dee 

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, elvis said:
I see St Johnstone haven't won in nine. Guess tonight's the first as we are excellent at giving teams on a bad run just what they need. 

Hoping you've given that the elvis jinx

So do I.