Fakes Away

Bit concerned now with Kearney but we are simply not good enough.Concerned also that he didn’t take the opportunity to watch Dundee in the flesh against Celtic preferring instead to go the cinema in Glasgow.Long term he has to move permanently to Scotland and stop all this commuting to Ireland.Recognise he has family there but he will have a decision to make long term.This situation is not perfect.

10 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

Stoopid penalty cost us but the spirit in the second half should give us momentum for Saturday. Hopefully the Duck and Tansey both start. Can’t see us failing to win this one.

Honestly what in gods name makes you think that have you not been watching the abject pish that's on show for St Mirren. 

1 minute ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Bit concerned now with Kearney but we are simply not good enough.Concerned also that he didn’t take the opportunity to watch Dundee in the flesh against Celtic preferring instead to go the cinema in Glasgow.Long term he has to move permanently to Scotland and stop all this commuting to Ireland.Recognise he has family there but he will have a decision to make long term.This situation is not perfect.

In all honesty if he has any sense at all he will pack it in at end off the season and go back home to his wife and kids 

8 minutes ago, bender rodriguez said:

Very important 3pts lost tonight even 1 would have gave us some feel good factor to take into Saturday's crunch match probably be a couple of hundred less fans attending Saturday now too.

If your a St Mirren supporter and Saturday's free why on earth would you miss such a crucial game ? I know a few neutrals who are going along because it's such a big game for both clubs. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Not happy to lose but let's not go OTT here, it's still in our hands to stay up we have a home game against the team 1 point above us, win that and and we're off the bottom. We have  S. Mcginn And McGennis to hopefully come back in soon and boost the squad, both are quality players. Tonight if we score the penalty then we could have went on to win, disappointing, but we're not gone just yet.

Here we have one of a very few sensible posts this evening, it's true we were not great; but we did try in the second half, better when Nazon came onI thought.  I'm not sure if it's lack of confidence or what exactly; the team shows skill from time to time; we get some excellent passes and then it peters out with a bad pass or sometimes they simply look as if they have run out of ideas.  Very frustrating but we weren't over-run we are just missing the killer touch, however I do think Saturday is a must win without a doubt and that worries me because I would (like most fans) like to see us stay up and maybe just maybe push on next year.   rambling now COYS.:(

THE SUICIDE GAME. The Fakes did not have to do anything to win that tonight bar accept our charity. Vital game and possibly the worst ever penalty was passed back to their keeper. 5 mins later when under no pressure we make a weak pass across the penalty box when it could have been hoofed anywhere and the Fakes simply intercept and slot it in to the net. And although the team were horrific in the first half we decide to play the same players and same formation at the start of the second half which caused the Fakes no trouble at all. Only when changes were eventually made did things improve but not enough. Precious points thrown away like confetti. I do not think the team want to play in this League.

I hate players that f'ck up smart arse pens.You have a free shot on goal,why make it harder for yourself?

Every time I see a player on Tv try to be smart and missing I think to myself "you'd never kick another ball for me if I was your Manager".

I still think the same.

2 hours ago, herman_munster said:

erhahon worked his socks off for us tonight, it will be a shame to lose him for saturday

I thought Ethan was anonymous yet again tonight. He has no idea how to play wing back and mostly stands on the halfway line neither supporting the attack or defence.  He hardly put in a cross all night and lost his man innumerable times when he marked fresh air. If he wasn't a young, talented and inexperienced lad he would be slaughtered. In his defence he did play some accurate passes in the second half but he has to significantly up his contribution and stop hiding. I know he isn't a full back or wing back but we need someone to play down the left and Ethon is not the answer.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If your a St Mirren supporter and Saturday's free why on earth would you miss such a crucial game ? I know a few neutrals who are going along because it's such a big game for both clubs. 

I now know of 3 not going myself included..going hill walking which will be far more enjoyable that watching 2 dreadful teams...

Well unless he deliberately tried to miss the penalty, what's the drama here ?

If he had put 'his laces' through it ' and his blast hit the keeper, it would be lauded a great save.  If he blasts it against the bar he's criticised for hitting it too hard, he's then accused of having no bottle, no composure. If he had scored last night the pundits would have hailed it a great moment of composure and nerve. Good penalties don't have to have the laces put through the ball at force to be deemed worthy.  The guy missed a spot kick, is he the first, will he be the last ? Its ok to miss if you blooter it, but don't miss by trying to be clever ???

The reaction to Jackson's miss is way over the top. Some of the comments from so called pundits are just embarrassing.

We got beat last night cos as a footballing team in the Premier League we are not presently demonstrably good enough to beat our peers. St Johnstone were by all accounts very poor by their own standards last night and were there for the beating, St Mirren alas couldn't do it.

7 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

I now know of 3 not going myself included..going hill walking which will be far more enjoyable that watching 2 dreadful teams...

To be honest it's not a surprise you are going hill walking with our biggest game of the season being played given your posts. 

First of all, hello to the fuds that only post on here when we lose. I missed you during that good little run we had, but there was no doubt you would be back!

A lot of negatives from last night. However, now is not the time to dwell on negativity with the biggest game of the season coming up on Saturday. I will only say to Kyle McAllister, Simeon Jackson, Brad Lyons, Andres Dreyer: you sorely let us down last night, you have a chance to fix that on Saturday (if the manager lets you on the pitch again.) 

What I will say is that St Mirren support was absolutely incredible last night. To travel in those numbers to Perth on a Wednesday night, after many had already travelled up for the game to be called off on Saturday was a great effort. To do so in the middle of the season from hell with only one win on the road is outstanding. And then to make that noise in the 2nd half and keep backing the team despite our only shot on goal being that stupid f**king penalty effort was incredible. 

We need to try and recreate that from 3 sides of the ground on Saturday. That means W3, 4, and 5 making noise as well. Time for everyone to up their game on Saturday. Amazingly we will still be in this if we get that win!

7 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Well unless he deliberately tried to miss the penalty, what's the drama here ?

If he had put 'his laces' through it ' and his blast hit the keeper, it would be lauded a great save.  If he blasts it against the bar he's criticised for hitting it too hard, he's then accused of having no bottle, no composure. If he had scored last night the pundits would have hailed it a great moment of composure and nerve. Good penalties don't have to have the laces put through the ball at force to be deemed worthy.  The guy missed a spot kick, is he the first, will he be the last ? Its ok to miss if you blooter it, but don't miss by trying to be clever ???

The reaction to Jackson's miss is way over the top. Some of the comments from so called pundits are just embarrassing.

We got beat last night cos as a footballing team in the Premier League we are not presently demonstrably good enough to beat our peers. St Johnstone were by all accounts very poor by their own standards last night and were there for the beating, St Mirren alas couldn't do it.

Yes, the reaction appears to be over the top.

However, it was a f**king dreadful penalty. No matter what a keeper does his feet will still be close enough to the middle of the goals to get to that. Jackson was taking a risk trying something he clearly hasn't practiced enough, and its difficult to understand why. Drill it in a corner and there is a 70% chance we are 1-0 up there.