Fakes Away

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's not just the pitch that is taken into consideration. Roads and walk ways also. 

Buddies in Perth report all roads and walkways are clear. As is the track round the pitch in this photo. 

Obviously the fake feckers didnt turn on the USH or have any intention of clearing the snow. By 3.00pm this could all be melted.

Apparently Andrew Dallas awarded St.Johnstone two penalties whilst inspecting the pitch.

One for the snow falling "in a dangerous manner" and one for a seagull that slipped in a patch of snow. He did ask the seagull if it had dived. He took it's non reply to mean that it didn't.

Penalties to be taken at the start of the rescheduled fixture.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Apparently Andrew Dallas awarded St.Johnstone two penalties whilst inspecting the pitch.

One for the snow falling "in a dangerous manner" and one for a seagull that slipped in a patch of snow. He did ask the seagull if it had dived. He took it's non reply to mean that it didn't.

Penalties to be taken at the start of the rescheduled fixture.

Waiting on Jackson being cited by sportscene for diving.... into a cafe.

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Maybes its Snow fair..?

this is why its cancelled, and they should be fined for making no effort with USH or clearance.

IMG_1772.JPG

I’m no Groundsman, but I don’t think it’s recommended to put USH on when it’s snowing. Warm snow, well, produces a shit load of water and floods the pitch! 

However, they should have had covers down. Unless it’s because it’s properly waterlogged.

2 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I’m no Groundsman, but I don’t think it’s recommended to put USH on when it’s snowing. Warm snow, well, produces a shit load of water and floods the pitch! 

However, they should have had covers down. Unless it’s because it’s properly waterlogged.

USH is designed to melt falling snow. Mind you only if you switch it on!

we committed the same balls up a couple of years ago against Raith when "USH-gate" hit the fan.

1 minute ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Anyone know when the game will now be played ? Hopefully before the Dundee game . 

On a shitty tuesday night probably, but they could agree to next saturday. McAllister might be away with the u21's for us, not sure if any of our Eastern European loanees are called up. No idea who the fakes might have called up.

4 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

you give it a good sweep first, or better still put the covers on in anticipation.

Had this been a sell-out OF or near sell-out from east coast visitors then you could bet they would have spent the money.

SMFC would have brought the same-ish amount of visitors on a weeknight or even many more if there is a slot on cup semi-final weekend.  That would have been the deciding factor in electing not to clear the pitch.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

On a shitty tuesday night probably, but they could agree to next saturday. McAllister might be away with the u21's for us, not sure if any of our Eastern European loanees are called up. No idea who the fakes might have called up.

Hopefully not next Saturday as I have something arranged because St. Mirren weren't playing. St. Mirren website still not saying game off. We are so amateur and lower league. Having a pint in Perth before heading back

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is Kyle in the U21 squad? I’m pretty sure he isn’t. Not the original one anyway. Next Saturday would be ideal otherwise. Don’t know if the Fakes have any Internationslists?

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Is Kyle in the U21 squad? I’m pretty sure he isn’t. Not the original one anyway. Next Saturday would be ideal otherwise. Don’t know if the Fakes have any Internationslists?

He was called up as a replacement, somebody on p & b said Duckens is away next week as well.