Sign in to follow this  
proudtobeabuddy

Fakes Away

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

The problem is there are no more free midweeks before the split so it will possibly be next midweek.

There has been a precedent, if I remember correctly, in playing a postponed match after the split between teams in different halves of the League but I just don't seeing it being allowed this time as Dundee and Hamilton would surely object.

I think it would be allowed if there is no chance of the fixture affecting the make up of the top and bottom six. The difficulty is that St Johnstone could argue they still have a chance of top 6, so if the game isn't played next midweek, it could potentially affect the arranging of post split fixtures. Can't see the SPFL taking the risk.

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think it would be allowed if there is no chance of the fixture affecting the make up of the top and bottom six. The difficulty is that St Johnstone could argue they still have a chance of top 6, so if the game isn't played next midweek, it could potentially affect the arranging of post split fixtures. Can't see the SPFL taking the risk.

I would reckon all teams in the bottom six would want an exact number of games per team all played at the same time ie 3pm Saturday. One team having an extra game could impact on the others and would be resisted in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

I would reckon all teams in the bottom six would want an exact number of games per team all played at the same time ie 3pm Saturday. One team having an extra game could impact on the others and would be resisted in my opinion.

Which hopefully points to a week on Tuesday.

14 hours ago, Sonny said:

That won’t happen. There will definitely be bottom 6 televised games which will need to be played at a different time. Only the very last round of matches will be played at the same time. 

On 3/16/2019 at 2:28 PM, St.Ricky said:

Strange to see so much snow on the pitch. Doesn't look like a great amount of effort went into getting the game on. As IOBS said, it's not the pitch alone that is taken into account. St Johnstone have a large area for car parking. Might have been difficult to keep clear.

A different view (from above) showed that there was very little snow on the pitch which suggests no more than a dusting on the environs