Fakes Away

14 hours ago, Sonny said:

I would reckon all teams in the bottom six would want an exact number of games per team all played at the same time ie 3pm Saturday. One team having an extra game could impact on the others and would be resisted in my opinion.

That won’t happen. There will definitely be bottom 6 televised games which will need to be played at a different time. Only the very last round of matches will be played at the same time. 

On 3/16/2019 at 2:28 PM, St.Ricky said:

Strange to see so much snow on the pitch. Doesn't look like a great amount of effort went into getting the game on. As IOBS said, it's not the pitch alone that is taken into account. St Johnstone have a large area for car parking. Might have been difficult to keep clear.

A different view (from above) showed that there was very little snow on the pitch which suggests no more than a dusting on the environs

Oran in the paper today saying he wants it played Friday April 12. Not sure why not just at that weekend.

ST MIRREN manager Oran Kearney has called on the SPFL not to punish his side because of the weather by trying to squeeze in their re-arranged game before the split.

The Paisley side’s match away to St Johnstone was postponed due to the poor conditions on Saturday and can’t be played either this weekend or next midweek due to international call-ups.

Kearney doesn’t think there is a suitable free date between now and April 6 – the last matchday before the split – and instead wants league bosses to consider adding to Scottish Cup semi-final weekend by scheduling the match at McDiarmid Park for the Friday night.

He said: “I can’t see how they can re-arrange this game for before the split as there isn’t a free date as far as I can tell. And I don’t think we should be punished because of what happened with the weather.

“This weekend isn’t an option as we’ve players away on international duty. And some of them won’t be arriving back until next midweek so that’s out too.

“The first available date would be the midweek of April 9 or 10 but that would mean us playing four games in 11 days which I don’t think would be particularly fair. The last thing we need is something crazy like that.

“If it’s going to be that week I’d rather they took it closer to the weekend. There are Scottish Cup semi-finals on the Saturday or Sunday so if we were to play on the Friday night that would make for a decent weekend of football.”

With both clubs likely to be in the bottom half of the table come the split, the game could yet be re-arranged for later in the season. But Kearney says he is sympathetic if the SPFL didn’t want to go down that road.

He added: “I understand there’s an ethical aspect to it. If there are still teams in the mix before the split then I can see why the league would want the game played at the proper time so as to be fair to all the other teams. But there has to be some common sense applied as well.”

a call for common sense? He'll learn!  The SPOFL should be thinking about the fans and making an early announcement that the game will be played on 12/04.

But the fact they are dragging their heels is an indication that bad news is on the way, they are just looking for a good day to bury it on.

Hope I'm wrong, but my experience is that if you offer a lackey the option to be either a good guy or a dick then 90% of  jobsworths will seize  option "d" with both hands and then take their time to justify it before going public

18 minutes ago, lovestlegend said:

Good that it’s sorted. But hope we have everyone back by then

It's bloody awful we have players returning the middle of next week from international games. Then we have 2 massive games in 3 days. But then again if you are Celtic you can go away for friendly matches and rearrange league games. The club need to stand up and back our manager who does not want the game played on the 27th of March. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's bloody awful we have players returning the middle of next week from international games. Then we have 2 massive games in 3 days. But then again if you are Celtic you can go away for friendly matches and rearrange league games. The club need to stand up and back our manager who does not want the game played on the 27th of March. 

We only have 1 player in the U21s and he will be back home on Mon night.Where's the problem?