Official St Johnstone v St Mirren Matchday Thread

shull

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

St Johnstone 4/5, St Mirren 10/3 and 13/5 the draw.

We were well beaten the last time in Perth but they are on a terrible run so 2-0. 

To who ?

The Saints ?

:byebye

6 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

You could always stop at Perth to watch the game. emoji33.png

Must be someone that you know for a freebie. Ps if there's space for another I'll join you emoji6.png

Nah, yer alright, hate their ground and I'm saving myself for a possible decider at Dundee, depending on the fixtures after the break. :wink:

If you were at hospitality they'd lose a fortune on the bevvy. :lol:

21 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Weather forecast isn't great for Saturday, awaiting the usual panic about snow/travel. :wink:

I'll be travelling up past Perth late morning from Paisley, I'll post the actual weather.

If anybody wants an exaggerated version just let me know. 

:whistle

Bread, buy as much as you can carry, it's a storm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640358

:lol:

Edited by faraway saint

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'm abandoning my scientific approach as I lost on the Kilmarnock game, having us down for a 1-0 victory. (FU Oaky)

First time I've heard "guessing" described as a "scientific approach". :D

You'd have more luck at the bookies if you stopped treating each football match as a series of dependent events (e.g. thinking that just because Saints haven't scored for 8 games, it means they won't score 4 goals today etc).

The way a team performs will be more affected by how the team members are feeling on a particular match day than the previous results they have experienced. It only needs a couple of them to have had a fight with their girlfriends/wives and turn up in a shitty mood for that to affect the entire team.

Sport is more about psychology than almost anything else which is why it is almost impossible to manage people in certain circumstances - no matter how good they are.

Here endeth the real science lesson. :P

Edited by oaksoft

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You'd have more luck at the bookies if you stopped treating each football match as a series of dependent events (e.g. thinking that just because Saints haven't scored for 8 games, it means they won't score 4 goals today etc).

The way a team performs will be more affected by how the team members are feeling on a particular match day than the previous results they have experienced. It only needs a couple of them to have had a fight with their girlfriends/wives and turn up in a shitty mood for that to affect the entire team.

Sport is more about psychology than almost anything else which is why it is almost impossible to manage people in certain circumstances - no matter how good they are.

:lol:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

That sounds a load of borlicks but it's truer than you would think, look at Man U couldn't buy a win under Jose can hardly lose under baby face,   Aye there a lot more to sykoligy than ye think.  :lol:

3 hours ago, jaybee said:

That sounds a load of borlicks but it's truer than you would think, look at Man U couldn't buy a win under Jose can hardly lose under baby face,   Aye there a lot more to sykoligy than ye think.  :lol:

How did you get that to appear as though it was a FS quote?

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I've read this again and made a phone call to 2 St Johnstone players.

Both told me to feck off, who should I bet on? 

You're a weirdo. :wink: