Craig Samson hall of fame

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

I can think of 4 or 5 keepers who should get the accolade first.

Have they all played at the top level, won a championship and won a national cup with us?

If so, I agree with you.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

Never really forgave him for doing the Judas on us when we went down,and as good as he was at saving pens,he was terrible at cross balls and corner kicks and any decent striker just had to drill ball low and hard at his feet and was a goal as leigh Griffith did several times to him and loads of other players

He never left us when we went down. 

Never really forgave him for doing the Judas on us when we went down,and as good as he was at saving pens,he was terrible at cross balls and corner kicks and any decent striker just had to drill ball low and hard at his feet and was a goal as leigh Griffith did several times to him and loads of other players

Would you like to rewrite this and leave out the bit that simply is bollocks !

Not too sure how I feel about this along with Potter being included. Samson done well for us, without ever being the reason for putting us up a level. Samson is the very definition of alright for a goalkeeper. I don't think a penalty save in a semi final pushes you into what is the elite of the club.

It all feels a bit tinpot just putting in players that won something. Rather than guys that made a proper impact at the club in increasing the standard we played.

Hall of fame players should be noticeable for being consistently outstanding, being the force behind delivering the club a major honour or being an outstanding servant to the club. I'd give an allowance to cult heroes but even they need to have properly delivered.

Edit to add in 20 years time, I very much doubt I'll be speaking about Samson. He just doesn't tick the boxes for me.

Another edit to add, it's ridiculous to add someone who's actually played this season to the hall of fame. Never mind quitting mid season.

Samson and Potter were average footballers at best. Should not be anywhere near a St Mirren Hall of Fame in my opinion. Have nothing against either of them and recognise they both played in teams who achieved success but to mention them in the same breath as Telfer,Copland, Money, McGarvey, Fitzpatrick, Lapsley, Bryceland, Murray, Stark, Somner. McWhirter, Thompson, Richardson and Abercromby is ludicrous!! 

6 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Samson and Potter were average footballers at best. Should not be anywhere near a St Mirren Hall of Fame in my opinion. Have nothing against either of them and recognise they both played in teams who achieved success but to mention them in the samee breath as Telfer,Copland, Money, McGarvey, Fitzpatrick, Lapsley, Bryceland, Murray, Stark, Somner. McWhirter, Thompson, Richardson and Abercromby is ludicrous!! 

That would be a big breath indeed 

10 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Five years with the club, 150 + appearances , National cup winner and League winner . I’d say that’s not to shabby !

But I thought it was only because he had saved a penalty in a semi-final.

Silly me.:rolleyes: