Unacceptable Behaviour

faraway saint

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The only way to avoid sanctions like this is for fellow fans to stop talking about "grassing" as though we are living in 1980's Northern Ireland and start working to police the stands themselves. I'm not making a comment about specific sections or groups. Nobody should be allowed to get away with any of this without someone calling the club and reporting them. We need to make collusion socially unacceptable.

As fans we have some hard questions to answer about what we are prepared to do to help resolve this. It's not just on the authorities.

I don't think making grassing more "socially acceptable" is a viable plan of action in Scotland tbh. It won't happen. Especially when it comes to the likes of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts & Hibs. Go to Ibrox for example, bigotry, intolerance & hatred is celebrated as part of their clubs "culture". 

Take the bottle throwing incident at Ibrox where a young St Mirren fan got hit - a few St Mirren fans posted saying they seen happen it on twitter. Every Rangers reply was "didn't happen" etc.

Better training for stewards might help. Always hear the excuse "they only get paid minimum wage", but that isn't an excuse for not doing the job they are paid to do by their employer. Regular fans ain't getting paid anything, you know yourself, it's sometimes better not to get involved rather than getting sucked into conflict and risk getting into a fight, having to give statements, get dragged into court etc. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You swerved the "acceptable" aspect, well done.

No I don't mean completely, I mean to work on reducing it.

It's a deep problem that, as I said, clubs alone cannot be expected to take full responsibility for.

It was discussed on MOTD as it was a very severe incident and could have been a lot worse.

Have you not seen the recent events, not all about running onto the park? 

You seem very willing to accept it. 

I said the clubs should come out and condemn it. How is that accepting it?

I don't think it's as deep a problem as you think it is. There is a media frenzy about it at the moment because it's topical and there were a few high profile incidents.

Its something that will just always exist on some level and there's nothing that can be done to stop that.

Any knee jerk reactions by punishing clubs would just be detrimental to the game but I think we are agreed on that part.

6 minutes ago, Doakes said:

I don't think making grassing more "socially acceptable" is a viable plan of action in Scotland tbh. It won't happen. Especially when it comes to the likes of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts & Hibs. Go to Ibrox for example, bigotry, intolerance & hatred is celebrated as part of their clubs "culture". 

Take the bottle throwing incident at Ibrox where a young St Mirren fan got hit - a few St Mirren fans posted saying they seen happen it on twitter. Every Rangers reply was "didn't happen" etc.

Better training for stewards might help. Always hear the excuse "they only get paid minimum wage", but that isn't an excuse for not doing the job they are paid to do by their employer. Regular fans ain't getting paid anything, you know yourself, it's sometimes better not to get involved rather than getting sucked into conflict and risk getting into a fight, having to give statements, get dragged into court etc. 

I agree but there should be less of an accepting reaction when this happens. *(I mean morons running onto  the park)

The majority are supporting the team/club which should override any allegiance to some arsehole. 

The possible implications for clubs should be made very clear which might get through to what is the majority. 

It's not an easy fix but the recent increase, and severity, of  lunatic behaviour will see some action taken. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

I agree but there should be less of an accepting reaction when this happens. *(I mean morons running onto  the park)

The majority are supporting the team/club which should override any allegiance to some arsehole. 

The possible implications for clubs should be made very clear which might get through to what is the majority. 

It's not an easy fix but the recent increase, and severity, of  lunatic behaviour will see some action taken. 

For me, there's a lack of education on what the potential risks are. Both to yourself and to your club. Maybe printing it clearly on your ticket and on the gates as you go in that if you enter the field of play you will be arrested and the club will press charges against you? Replicate that across every club. Something visual as people enter the stadium might be the best idea.

Steven Gerrard says he will take his players off the pitch if he thinks they are under threat of attack. 

Wonder if him and Lennon will do the same when the shite songs get belted out from the Stands. 

9 minutes ago, shull said:

Steven Gerrard says he will take his players off the pitch if he thinks they are under threat of attack. 

Wonder if him and Lennon will do the same when the shite songs get belted out from the Stands. 

Why would shite songs put players in danger, ya daft auld sausage? :lol:

(report me for "auld" and "sausage"................:wink:)

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

For me, there's a lack of education on what the potential risks are. Both to yourself and to your club. Maybe printing it clearly on your ticket and on the gates as you go in that if you enter the field of play you will be arrested and the club will press charges against you? Replicate that across every club. Something visual as people enter the stadium might be the best idea.

Do we really want the first thing that the vast majority of law abiding fans see, when engaging with football, to be tons of massive warnings about their behaviour? I think that could actually make it worse.

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not for singing ye dotery auld balloon. :byebye

If all Teams walked off when the sectarian shite startit we would have a major problem solved. 

And deduct points from the Team whose fans are guilty. 

It could even open the door to opposing groups infiltrating each others stadiums to get the other club a fine, knowing full well the worst they'll get as an individual is a night in the cells or a banning order. (which they can get around by using a fake name and wearing a scarf and hoody) 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’m pretty sure it would be easy enough for the police to find out who these individuals really supported if this ludicrously far fetched scenario were to happen!

The fact that you’ve even cited this as one of your main arguments as to why strict liability shouldn’t happen shows how weak your point of view is!

IMO, what really needs to happen is for all the non OF clubs to resign and start a new league without the OF.

That will cut out 99.99% of Scottish football’s problems.