The Bull Inn

8 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Long, long ago - when they sold their soul to build the "lounge".  Dont know who owns it now but I'm guessing it's not the family of old Jean.

Stonegate Pub company own it apparently, along with The Abbey Inn.

I was there on Saturday for a couple of pints before heading up to Glasgow for a session.

It was relatively early, so it was quite quiet. The Tryst brewery maple porter was excellent though!

Edited by FTOF

Wasn’t sure whether to put this in here or general nonsense ( feel free to move) What has happened to what was once a great St.Mirren pub ?
Advertises all the ugly sisters games shown live in pub on their FB page but yet again , no mention of Saints game ?
Have they turned to the dark side ?

Business is Business mate. Money in the till keeps people in a job. Good luck to them I say.

Yes , I get that but sad to see a Pub based in Paisley which had been big supporters of the local team for so long simply turn their back on Saints to suck up to the ugly sisters .
Poor show [emoji107]
When Saints won the league cup in 2013 the manager of the pub said over that weekend they took £30.000 in takings. Then a week later they owed us 50 quid didn't pay and said they didn't want the bus anymore as it never made money for them. Never been back in since and never will be. There not a Saints pub. There just a minging pub. Glad I don't drink anymore. So I don't need to go in to them. Coffee shops for me. Coys.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:37 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yes , I get that but sad to see a Pub based in Paisley which had been big supporters of the local team for so long simply turn their back on Saints to suck up to the ugly sisters .
Poor show emoji107.png

Eh ? 

Why do they give 15% discount at all times to saints season ticket holders if they "simply turn their back on Saints to suck up to the ugly sisters" .

13 minutes ago, alwaysabuddy said:

Eh ? 

Why do they give 15% discount at all times to saints season ticket holders if they "simply turn their back on Saints to suck up to the ugly sisters" .

Banning Old Firm colours also a bold strategy too in that case :lol:

It is some months since I tread the boards of the Bull Inn.  A fine Paisley establishment that takes even I back to my youth.

Up until about 4/5 years ago I was considered a regular and all the bar staff knew me by name.  Even big Derek who was a M@rton supporter (well I suppose he still will be).  Lack of mobility sees me somewhat unable to attend New Street at all without a degree of difficulty.  As such I use a nearby bowling club (with a dodgy Amazon stick for the football) for my beverage and televised football needs.  I miss the Bull, I also miss the wee Howff and Paddy's as well.  Yes I know the Howff is still there but I am unable to get to it now so I miss it.  In any case after taking a prolonged break from a drinking establishment, going back is somewhat difficult as many of my contemporaries will be dead.  On that cheery note I shall move on.

The Bull is a really special pub as is the Howff (the market bar to men of my age). 

Of my many fond memories of the Bull I must say spending the evening of March 17th 2013 after using the finest football bus that was ever known to man to go from/to that pub was a special day.  Great pub that has serviced some great people for a great number of years.  As I think of the Bull I think of me and my dear old dad having many a pint together until I lost my favourite Buddie in 1967.  I remember my dear old mother sitting in the lounge with her mill pals whilst I strutted around the bar like the proverbial man about town.  I remember pals and bits of stuff alike, real characters nearly all of whom are long gone and I hope that in many years to come some young gentlemen is still able to look back upon a lifetime of memories as I am today based around the Bull (and the Howff/Market bar). 

Here's to the Bull, to the Bull indeed.

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

I recommend that we implement those exact rules for entry to the Simple Digital Arena

Add "No Grumpy Old Farts".... hang on thats gonna cripple the attendance. Better change it to "No Farting".. nope thats not going to fly either.

how about "No"..? Then we could rename it the DUP arena..!

Business is Business mate. Money in the till keeps people in a job. Good luck to them I say.
When Saints won the league cup in 2013 the manager of the pub said over that weekend they took £30.000 in takings. Then a week later they owed us 50 quid didn't pay and said they didn't want the bus anymore as it never made money for them. Never been back in since and never will be. There not a Saints pub. There just a minging pub. Glad I don't drink anymore. So I don't need to go in to them. Coffee shops for me. Coys.
Wow that's a quick turnaround.

Don't know who owns it now, but it was Maclay Inns until they went into administration in 2015 (also owned The Abbey Inn/Todholm).

Not a fan of pubs promoting the OF, but it stands to reason they if they don't take enough cash, there won't be a pub any more. Would the OP prefer to see them go out of business?

On 3/16/2019 at 10:52 AM, freddy said:

Don't know who owns it now, but it was Maclay Inns until they went into administration in 2015 (also owned The Abbey Inn/Todholm).

Not a fan of pubs promoting the OF, but it stands to reason they if they don't take enough cash, there won't be a pub any more. Would the OP prefer to see them go out of business?

Now owned by Stonegate chain They own the Merchant in Glasgow and the Abbey Hotel in Todholm

New owners originally centralised discounts which meant the 15% Buddies card for SMFC season ticket holders would have been lost But staff fought to keep it Discounts are in the central computer and directly applied at the till Staff calculate ours separately on a calculator!!

Edited by Danny

On 3/14/2019 at 11:23 PM, linwood bud said:

Since the bull changed hands it’s went down hill. What was a great pub is sadly no more. They have even started Karaoke on Saturday nights

Right Linwood, I’m gonnae come right out there and say it, but I think folk that don’t like a good wee karaoke night are killjoys.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve zero desire to go back to the mid to late 90s when it seemed to be ubiquitous in every boozer on every night of the week, but I love stumbling upon a wee karaoke night here n there and I’m still known to treat the patrons to a wee tune or two.

The standard has to be average to brilliant though (obvs I’m on the brilliant scale)). Naebody has any appetite to listen to group off pished up would be Little Mixers screeching away on the Mike, but in my experience the majority of folk that get up tend to be alright.