The Bull Inn

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Right Linwood, I’m gonnae come right out there and say it, but I think folk that don’t like a good wee karaoke night are killjoys.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve zero desire to go back to the mid to late 90s when it seemed to be ubiquitous in every boozer on every night of the week, but I love stumbling upon a wee karaoke night here n there and I’m still known to treat the patrons to a wee tune or two.

The standard has to be average to brilliant though (obvs I’m on the brilliant scale)). Naebody has any appetite to listen to group off pished up would be Little Mixers screeching away on the Mike, but in my experience the majority of folk that get up tend to be alright.  

Nope, not in any pub I'm likely to visit, and definitely not on Fri/Sat afternoons/nights. It's a certain type of pub that puts on karaoke, and it's a good way to tell it's a pub to be avoided.

Right Linwood, I’m gonnae come right out there and say it, but I think folk that don’t like a good wee karaoke night are killjoys.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve zero desire to go back to the mid to late 90s when it seemed to be ubiquitous in every boozer on every night of the week, but I love stumbling upon a wee karaoke night here n there and I’m still known to treat the patrons to a wee tune or two.

The standard has to be average to brilliant though (obvs I’m on the brilliant scale)). Naebody has any appetite to listen to group off pished up would be Little Mixers screeching away on the Mike, but in my experience the majority of folk that get up tend to be alright.  

I don’t mind a wee sing song and in fact I love the massoke in Glasgow also cosmopol on hope street. But the bull was a great pub that never needed this, however things change and perhaps the bull has had to change to attract custom