Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Sweeper07

St. Mirren v Dundee (March 2019)

Recommended Posts

This is a big fixture for both clubs.

Any positive result against the Fakes and we will be above Dung-dee - a win would push us 2 points above them and that would be a real treat.  :happyclapper

At home with the incentive to go 3 or 5 points clear of them - would give all Saints fans some pleasure and a real chance of a very busy stadium.

We win these 2 and Dee will be in deep sh*t.   Really hope all our lads play fab and give their all - and Dee wilt under the pressure !  :turtle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am genuinely upbeat about our prospects.

Not wishing to invoke the "curse of the smart arse", but I do believe we have turned a corner in our defensive competence since January. 

However we have yet to click as a goalscoring threat. Maybe that is coming .........

Fingers and toes crossed that Perth will prove to be a major step forward in our revival. A decent result there could be the beginning of our surge to 10th spot and ultimate survival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before Monday I was upbeat and thought, maybe, just maybe but, after the sickening last ditch loss, I get a feeling of, we've seen this all before. I hope to be proven wrong but I think the last game might have been the turning point after nearly catching our rivals. They'll have taken a boost when that goal went in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I am genuinely upbeat about our prospects.

Not wishing to invoke the "curse of the smart arse", but I do believe we have turned a corner in our defensive competence since January. 

However we have yet to click as a goalscoring threat. Maybe that is coming .........

Fingers and toes crossed that Perth will prove to be a major step forward in our revival. A decent result there could be the beginning of our surge to 10th spot and ultimate survival.

Defence has improved but don't have the players to implement goal scoring threat....Dundee victory will put us nearer to where we belong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Defence has improved but don't have the players to implement goal scoring threat....Dundee victory will put us nearer to where we belong...

Not where we belong if we can grind out the results we need ........... it would be the demise that sad negative defeatist losers like you would want us to face. Thank f*ck you weren't our PM when Hitler was rampaging through Europe !!

Do you genuinely think that the Championship would be a "comfort zone" for us. Only three seasons ago we were struggling down there on a downward spiral to oblivion. Alex Rae must be your hero, eh ?

Come on, some positivity needed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Not where we belong if we can grind out the results we need ........... it would be the demise that sad negative defeatist losers like you would want us to face. Thank f*ck you weren't our PM when Hitler was rampaging through Europe !!

Do you genuinely think that the Championship would be a "comfort zone" for us. Only three seasons ago we were struggling down there on a downward spiral to oblivion. Alex Rae must be your hero, eh ?

Come on, some positivity needed here.

So if we struggled in championship why would you want us in premier league...not a defeatist..i'm a realist and we are a championship club imo....far better league for a club like us and more enjoyable...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Dundee are f**king shite.

If we don't beat them, then we deserve all we get.

Hate Dundee,  always have. A nothing team when I was growing up , and f all has changed in adult life to suggest otherwise.  

Cant think of many things better football wise than relegating those tax dodging bastards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect that they will set up similar against us - try and keep it tight and catch us on the break - Oh Wright missed a one on one with the keeper - hope he is has another blank against us too.

We need to get right in about them from the off - get the lead and make them come out a bit, then knock in our 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals to let them be sure that they are simply not good enough for this league . . . 

Come on Tansey, McAllister, The Duck and Jackson.  (As well as our other players shoring up and creating the chances)

Let's go Marching in !  :spud7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I suspect that they will set up similar against us - try and keep it tight and catch us on the break - Oh Wright missed a one on one with the keeper - hope he is has another blank against us too.

We need to get right in about them from the off - get the lead and make them come out a bit, then knock in our 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals to let them be sure that they are simply not good enough for this league . . . 

Come on Tansey, McAllister, The Duck and Jackson.  (As well as our other players shoring up and creating the chances)

Let's go Marching in !  :spud7

Was thinking the same from what I seen of the highlights. Back line of five , four midfield with one up front. Dundee counter attacked in pace and numbers. We have adopted simlour tactics. Will be an interesting game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is our biggest game of the season in fact for both clubs. Win this we go two points ahead with a game in hand.  I have a night out in Glasgow after the game if we win that night out will be very special. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
41 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
Said players are just returning from Scotland duty mid next week. 

San Marino game is on Sunday, players will be back at their clubs the following morning.

Only saying what Oran said in the press. Maybe players returning are getting a day off on Scotland duty they don't get a day off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×