St. Mirren v Dundee (March 2019)

Sweeper07

10 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

Has anyone tired a VPN with Saints Tv? 

I ask as I am away for the weekend with the mrs and looking to get this on the laptop. Just wondering if it would work/any advice as to decide wither its worth interrupting the weekend for a few hours.... Advice on anyone's prior experience would be appreciated.

Gutted I am missing this one!

just go to frontrowsports and scroll down till you find it, (they only come up a minute or two before game starts)   you have to keep closing all the crap adverts for what seems like ages , but I always manage to get the game in the end even though you sometimes miss a couple of minutes.

Just noticed it's on Alba later,I really should read through everything before posting.  :wub:

Edited by jaybee

8 hours ago, jaybee said:

just go to frontrowsports and scroll down till you find it, (they only come up a minute or two before game starts)   you have to keep closing all the crap adverts for what seems like ages , but I always manage to get the game in the end even though you sometimes miss a couple of minutes.

Just noticed it's on Alba later,I really should read through everything before posting.  :wub:

Thanks a lot bud! This is helpful to know. 

Appreciate your help

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

After watching pishy Scotland, will be a pleasure to see an actual football team

Massive, massive game

Massive

We score early, just like 1st game of the season( feels like a decade ago) we win

2-1 Saints

Aye after 1st games played we were near the top of the league with 3 points and Mullen was a top scorer with 2 goals.

I'd be more than happy for him to add to his tally - even though it is more likely it would be from the bench . . .  :magic

Tansey, Stephen McGinn and Magennis missing against the Fakes - and Mullen.

I know there were injuries to Magennis and McGinn, but are any of them being rested or going to be ready to come in against Dee or at least for the Hamilton Game?

Really hope we will tonight - what a confidence boost that would be to take in to this match . . .:bounce2

12 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Tansey, Stephen McGinn and Magennis missing against the Fakes - and Mullen.

I know there were injuries to Magennis and McGinn, but are any of them being rested or going to be ready to come in against Dee or at least for the Hamilton Game?

Really hope we will tonight - what a confidence boost that would be to take in to this match . . .:bounce2

Why is Kyle playing for the Scotland Under 21s but not fit enough for us? Hopefully it is a case of being rested again last night and will be back on Saturday.

Dundee will have watched us closely again last night. St Johnstone were very tight on marking McAllister, something I would expect to be repeated again. We need to use that to our advantage and let us Kyle make space for the strikers to exploit. Put 2 up front and get the ball in to the box. The Duck is starting to show why we signed him, he will start for sure on Saturday. Jackson isn't doing it lately but he is still miles better than any other option, lets see if he can make amends.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Why is Kyle playing for the Scotland Under 21s but not fit enough for us? Hopefully it is a case of being rested again last night and will be back on Saturday.

Dundee will have watched us closely again last night. St Johnstone were very tight on marking McAllister, something I would expect to be repeated again. We need to use that to our advantage and let us Kyle make space for the strikers to exploit. Put 2 up front and get the ball in to the box. The Duck is starting to show why we signed him, he will start for sure on Saturday. Jackson isn't doing it lately but he is still miles better than any other option, lets see if he can make amends.

We can't and must not go into this game with one striker. Stop the long ball also. Nelson of Dundee will need careful marking. 

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We can't and must not go into this game with one striker. Stop the long ball also. Nelson of Dundee will need careful marking. 

If we play two up front it is to play long balls to Nazon. The two Kyles should be in about there to win the 2nd balls. Not sure what people have against long balls, if you think the players we have are going to put together smooth passing sequences on the deck then you are deluding yourself.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

If we play two up front it is to play long balls to Nazon. The two Kyles should be in about there to win the 2nd balls. Not sure what people have against long balls, if you think the players we have are going to put together smooth passing sequences on the deck then you are deluding yourself.

Kemp I attend games high balls up front have not worked for us. Most of the few goals we score come from open play. We can play with the ball on the deck fast forward play. Not square , side, back passes. 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Kemp I attend games high balls up front have not worked for us. Most of the few goals we score come from open play. We can play with the ball on the deck fast forward play. Not square , side, back passes. 

Will need to agree to disagree on this one.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Quite a few saying we should go all out attack in this game, its a game we have to win, its also a game we can't lose,  I think if ever there's was a game to go Gung Ho its not this one IMO.   Dundee's strength if they have one is in there forwards, their defence is their weak link, If we can keep it tight at the back and stop them scoring we will win 

2 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Quite a few saying we should go all out attack in this game, its a game we have to win, its also a game we can't lose,  I think if ever there's was a game to go Gung Ho its not this one IMO.   Dundee's strength if they have one is in there forwards, their defence is their weak link, If we can keep it tight at the back and stop them scoring we will win 

Have noticed in highlights recently they are quick on the break so you may well be right. I get frustrated. with high balls up to normally Jackson from the defence only for the opposition to mop up and start an attack putting us on the back foot.  

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have noticed in highlights recently they are quick on the break so you may well be right. I get frustrated. with high balls up to normally Jackson from the defence only for the opposition to mop up and start an attack putting us on the back foot.  

Yeah what genius keeps using that tactic ffs? 

Always thought Oran should have started in a lower division over here to build his knowledge, never thought he would be dragging us down to get tha experience though. Lol

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah what genius keeps using that tactic ffs? 

Always thought Oran should have started in a lower division over here to build his knowledge, never thought he would be dragging us down to get tha experience though. Lol

First part is right. Second part is your a wee rascal :D

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

mm interesting logic . . .  You don't think attacking their weak defence is a good idea because you fear their forwards. If we keep it tight and stop them scoring - great, but we have to score at least 1 goal to win.

Last night our defence was good - 1 crazy mistake and 1 or 2 other lapses. Dee's defence is very poor. They will sit in tight and try to hit us on the break, but that gives us a very real opportunity to attack like crazy - we get the 1st goal and their game plan has to change to plan B. Our defence just need to do their job - mark Nelson and whoever, and our midfield also need to not only be attack minded, but cut off their "catch us on the break strategy".

Nazon and Jackson for 90 minutes - tell them all week that they will both be getting goals for us, and guys on the edge of the box to pick up the scraps and HIT the target not the crowd.

I really believe that we can do this - but only time will tell !

Edited by Sweeper07

52 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

This - it's not a MUST win it's definitely a MUST NOT LOSE and that is exactly my impression of Dundee on the times I have seen them.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

If we play 2 upfront we'll win 2-1. 

Have you had a dream?

I personally agree that both Jackson and the Duck should play the full game, barring injuries or us leading by 4 or more. (who will be dropped... Flynn, Lyons, MacPherson or ?)

I think we could win by even more than 2 - 1 , but the reality of the pressure will encourage either side to sit in more cautiously if they are ahead.

McAllister needs to contribute more and hopefully Tansey is fully fit and ready to lead the charge (replacing Erhahon)  .  .  .

Any chance Magennis might be fully fit in time and bang in a brace > > >   I wish :magic

Edited by Sweeper07