St. Mirren v Dundee (March 2019)

Sweeper07

2 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Hospitality today, so on the 8:50 train from Aberdeen this morning. Early start but worth it as really up for this match. 15yr old son with me and he's up for it too. Think this is the first home game we've made this season so got to be a win
COYS !!

Get a greggs first..food no great anytime ive been

Not my usual positive self today... bit worried about our line up and lack of our best midfielders being available.

But, Jimmy Dean once said, "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to reach my destination.

My fear is that we will not grasp this opportunity against the worst team in the League. The magnitude of a defeat for either team today, probably means anyone who gets in front will try to stifle the other to keep a 1 goal difference win. OF course if any team makes multiple errors, the difference in the result could be a whole lot greater.

So here is hoping we are not too hyped up that we have guys sent off or panic into stupid mistakes. I don't mind one little bit if the Dee players do so though.

The goal is to get in front and catch them out for further goals on the break. The points are the first priority, but goal difference, already in our favour, could be built up and be worth an extra point by the last fixture.

The team????                    HLadky       1.      Baird    Popescu   Muzek            P. McGinn  2.    MacPherson   Lyons            Nazon    Jackson

Not sure who 1. or 2. will be depending on who is fit and how Oran wants to line up. IF Flynn is fit he will be 2, IF not possibly MacAllister. If MacKenzie is fit I'd go for him for 1. but Corbu is the other option there. We need our best fighters today.

I'd also leave McAllister on the bench to bring on . . . but I don't pick the team. If MacK plays, I'd let McGinn and Muzek support the midfield and attack but charge them and the rest of the midfield not to get caught up the park and leaving gaping holes.. If we score the first 3 goals in their net, I think we might just win...  :ninja

Edited by Sweeper07

2 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Hospitality today, so on the 8:50 train from Aberdeen this morning. Early start but worth it as really up for this match. 15yr old son with me and he's up for it too. Think this is the first home game we've made this season so got to be a win
COYS !!

Not sure where your uncertainty comes from, it either is your first home game this season or it is not, but I can assure you, you haven't missed too much that would have been good to see. 

I really really do hope you both see a spectacular win for us today though !  ALL the best, travelling both ways etc. After the game I hope you go back up the road with a huge smile!!!  :turtle

31 minutes ago, elvis said:

In your Dreams maybe not in reality everything adds up to a Dundee win. 

Elvis,do us all a favour and lock yourself in a cupboard for the afternoon.Make sure the cupboard is big enough to get that big,black cloud over your head in as well.

Elvis,do us all a favour and lock yourself in a cupboard for the afternoon.Make sure the cupboard is big enough to get that big,black cloud over your head in as well.

If we do get a result we won't hear from him. 1.0 win for me [emoji1]

4 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

5-3-2?IMG_20190330_134614.jpeg

I do worry about Kearney's squad management a bit. For me Kyle McAllister is our big attacking threat and Kearney should be trying to make sure that he is fit for the games against Dundee and Hamilton. He's presumably out altogether having been played on Wednesday night at Perth. I've back Kearney throughout his spell in charge but did think his post-match comments the other night in singling out Jackson and Muzek were rather Stubbs like and the "killed us" comment while understandable is not what we need to hear in a relegation fight.

Today Danny Mullen (2 goals all season) is thrown in ahead of Simeon Jackson - that could either be a stroke of genius (all Mullen's goals have been against Dundee) or something we come to regret... and I do wish Kearney woud pick a settled team instead of chopping and changing every game.

Slightly surprised Mackenzie is preferred to Ferdinand, disappointing there is no McAllister but wondering if he has a knock as he wasn't himself in midweek. My bet is a 3-4-1-2, with Dreyer playing just behind Nazon and Mullen.

Edited by Hendo

9 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

and I do wish Kearney woud pick a settled team instead of chopping and changing every game.

Eh!:blink:

The team bar S.McGinn, due to injury, was the same V Killie and St.Johnstone, and the two before that were pretty similar.

I'm not quite sure how you can pick a "settled" midfield with McAllister, McGinn and Lyons all being injured at some point and Tansey suspended/injured.

Up top we've swapped around Nazon ans Jackson which is understandable when we're not really scoring for fun.

Hladky, P.McGinn, Baird, Popescu, Muzek, Erhahon, MacPherson, Tansey, Flynn, McAllister,  Nazon

Hladky, P.McGinn, Baird, Popescu, Muzek, Erhahon, , S.McGinn, MacPherson Flynn, Dreyer, Nazon.

Hladky, P.McGinn, Popescu, Baird, Muzek, Erhahon, MacPherson, Flynn, Lyons, McAllister, Jackson.

Hladky, P.McGinn (c), Popescu, Baird, Muzek, Erhahon, MacPherson, Flynn , Lyons, McAllister, Jackson

17 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I do worry about Kearney's squad management a bit. For me Kyle McAllister is our big attacking threat and Kearney should be trying to make sure that he is fit for the games against Dundee and Hamilton. He's presumably out altogether having been played on Wednesday night at Perth. I've back Kearney throughout his spell in charge but did think his post-match comments the other night in singling out Jackson and Muzek were rather Stubbs like and the "killed us" comment while understandable is not what we need to hear in a relegation fight.

Today Danny Mullen (2 goals all season) is thrown in ahead of Simeon Jackson - that could either be a stroke of genius (all Mullen's goals have been against Dundee) or something we come to regret... and I do wish Kearney woud pick a settled team instead of chopping and changing every game.

McAllister was pretty useless in midweek and is not fir for today - hence why he is not on the bench. If you think he is our big attacking threat, but want him rested against the Fakes so he is okay for today, then we would be giving up this threat against some teams.  Unfortunately McAllister's fitness is iffy too often, that is the problem with him, not Oran being daft for trying to play him when he is fit and raring to go...

Mullen will harass and kick at Dee players far more than Jackson will, and is still a reasonable threat for getting goals, as is Jackson. Personally I would prefer to have Jackson to bring on, more than Mullen.

Oran has been forced to make changes and it is a squad game - they all need to be used when it feels right, and there are loads of restrictions with Magennis, Tansey etc still out.

Like you hoping his choices appear to be a bit of genius though.

24 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Slightly surprised Mackenzie is preferred to Ferdinand, disappointing there is no McAllister but wondering if he has a knock as he wasn't himself in midweek. My bet is a 3-4-1-2, with Dreyer playing just behind Nazon and Mullen.

I earlier suggested MacK would play if he is now up to fitness - I think it is a shrewd move. He is good in the air at both ends, and good at tackling and covering in defence. This allows 1 or 2 of our CB's to go up for set-pieces. Leaving Ferdinand back, with his lack of speed would be dangerous.

McAllister is out with his usual issue...

Hope Dreyer starts to make a telling contribution and the others do the business...