St. Mirren v Dundee (March 2019)

Sweeper07

6 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Keep up the good work bud emoji1303.png

To be fair quite enjoyed game...end to end although two terrible sides....bit noisier than usual...some shocking footballers on display..black centre back for Dundee was rotten and Dreyer and Lyons for Saints..Lyons may have scored but is a poor footballer..will give Wednesday night a miss on season ticket and wouldnt go to Hamilton to watch a game on that park...might take in one or two at home before end season..

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I thought he was spineless, heartless and totally lacking in effort!

Nazon and Mullen were everywhere in that first half, defending from the front.

Dreyer just stood and watched!

Two nice touches in a whole match mean nothing... He could have created an infinite number more with just a modicum of effort.

Without his header back across goal we don't score the second. Without him playing in Nazon to cross we don't score the first. If we don't score any goals we lose the game. 

He definetly contributed alot more than two nice touches. To say his contribution means nothing is just silly. 

8 minutes ago, bud84 said:

Thought Anders Dreyer had his best game in a St Mirren shirt for us today. Played a big part in our first goal and he was also the one who assisted lyons with the second. Delighted for him. 

Thought he was an absolute disgrace and game passed him by..had an assist but shocking footballer will little to no ability or effort..

Two nice touches in a whole match mean nothing... He could have created an infinite number more with just a modicum of effort.

He got an assist and was involved in the build up for the 1st goal

1 minute ago, bud84 said:

Without his header back across goal we don't score the second. Without him playing in Nazon to cross we don't score the first. If we don't score any goals we lose the game. 

He definetly contributed alot more than two nice touches. To say his contribution means nothing is just silly. 

He is garbage...

6 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Thought he was an absolute disgrace and game passed him by..had an assist but shocking footballer will little to no ability or effort..

He clearly has ability but struggles with how physical the Scottish game is. Will probably do well in a league where you are given more time and space.

1 hour ago, John Gotti said:
3 hours ago, TopCat said:
Nazon off - he’s hopeless - Jackson on.

1-1

Apart from setting up the first goal.

Between this and the hopeless Mullen scoring, and the hopeless Dreyer setting up the second, someone looks pretty stupid now.

17 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I was at the same game and hold the opposite view of Dreyer and Nazon. I thought the Duck was goosed after 25 minutes and barely made a meaningful challenge all game - he usually collided with a Dundee full back a second or two after the ball had been punted up the park and makes Kris Boyd look athletic and sharp. I think Dreyer is probably a very tidy midfielder in a Kenny McLean mould - he's maybe not an out and out winger in the Lewis Morgan mould, and he might not throw himself around like Jim Goodwin used to but Dreyer usually controls the ball and finds a team mate when he gets possession. Paul McGinn several times today did very well to skin an opponent and then sliced easy passes right out the pitch. Flynn for me deserved his man of the match, MacKenzie did well on his return, and Mullen did OK.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

1 minute ago, southsidebud said:

We played with a lot of heart and got what we deserved. Not enjoyed a game like that in a wee while.

We're back in the hunt emoji4.png

This. Thought we'd be overrun after the first ten minutes, but dominated much of the match after that. No failures, everyone played their part.

Wow ! I thought he was very decent today, easily his best game so far. That said G Mac and Flynn were the standouts today. Great performances.

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Between this and the hopeless Mullen scoring, and the hopeless Dreyer setting up the second, someone looks pretty stupid now.

That gormless c**t looks stupid every time he posts, the results hardly matter now.

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Thought at the time you posted this that you were making a premature judgment. I am sure your glad now though after this fab result.

Keep the faith . . .:ninja  A win again next week and the other 2 will have runny stuff running down their legs .. .. 

Lol yeah I should know better 

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

That gormless c**t looks stupid every time he posts, the results hardly matter now.

And I just add, I am in a brilliant mood after the game today - get it right up that torn faced c**t!

Also, Elvis: you get a lot of grief on here but I know you are a true fan. Enjoy yer night Buddie. The lows seem to get you low as hell, but you never abuse any individual managers or any of your fellow B&W posters. You must be high as a kite tonight!

41 minutes ago, bud84 said:

There was no "playing in" of Nazon, he just shifted the ball to the nearest player. Fair play if he got the assist for the 2nd goal. 

I admire your support, and backing up a player when the team has won. That said, I hope Kearney saw enough today to not play him again, and I hope McAllister realises that place in the team is his for the taking and makes it his.

Edited by Kemp

There was no "playing in" of Nazon, he just shifted the ball to the nearest player. Fair play if he got the assist for the 2nd goal. 
I admire your support, and backing up a player when the team has won. That said, I hope Kearney saw enough today to not play him again, and I hope McAllister realises that place in the team is his for the taking and makes it his.

Had it not been for a terrific block by a Dundee player he would have been on the score sheet too.

He did struggle at times today but for me was by far his best game I think he’s just lacking abit of confidence at the moment and a goal could change that for him hopefully.

He’s still only a young lad and clearly knows his way to the back of the net scoring 23 in 48 apps in Denmark’s top league.

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

Had it not been for a terrific block by a Dundee player he would have been on the score sheet too.

He did struggle at times today but for me was by far his best game I think he’s just lacking abit of confidence at the moment and a goal could change that for him hopefully.

He’s still only a young lad and clearly knows his way to the back of the net scoring 23 in 48 apps in Denmark’s top league.

Again, I appreciate the positivity but disagree. I'll leave it there, we can discuss the boys merits another day. We will enjoy the win tonight.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Gary Mac was a collosus at the back!
He threw himself in front of Everything and inspired Popescu and Baird to do the same.

Gary was driving the defence forward in the latter stages, and was the onfield leader we have badly missed!

Paul McGinn was another great performer. Gave all for the cause.

Dreyer though?

Waste of a jersey.

Against Accies I'd make one change from today's side...

Stephen McGinn in for Dreyer if fit.

If not, Ethon in for Dreyer.

Against Celtic, I'd play the reserves to avoid injury or burnout!

Dreyer, the waste of a jersey who contributed to both our goals. Some fans seem to expect players to do everything, but in some cases the most important thing is when they contribute to goals. Like it or not, he’s a big reason we won today.

As for the game against the bigots, Oran managed to lead the shitty Stubbs squad (plus Anton) to grind out a 0-0 draw. Celtic are worse under Lennon, and scraped a win at Dundee. We have a better team now than back then. There’s every chance we can get some sort of result at home against them, we are better than the day we drew 0-0, and the bigots have a poorer manager now. Hopefully they skelp their fellow bigots and go 13pts clear, then take the foot off the gas a little against us.

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

I agree with your view of him but his goals were in Denmark’s 2nd tier, not the top flight. If he’s banging in goals at that ratio in their top flight we wouldn’t have a chance of landing him, loan or permanent.

24 minutes ago, Kemp said:

A pass is a pass,  whether he played him in or he shifted the ball to him he still played a part in the first goal and deserves a wee bit of credit for it. 

I'd agree though if it's a toss up between him and McAllister starting games then Kyle should be first pick. 

Ryan Flynn was immense today.

I'd call that a Murray-esque performance. He got himself involved in everything that went on the centre of the park in a way that not only reminded me of Hugh Murray, but may well have saved us from relegation in the way Murray did all those years ago in Stirling.

In my personal opinion (not worth much, I know) Flynn has gone from getting punted out the door in January to be deserving of a new contract and a place in the middle of the park from now on. Tansey will be lucky to ever play for us again even if he does get fit.

It was great to see all three home sides of the stadium up signing Oh When The Saints  as the clock ran down. I honestly think instead of making up bullshit stories and disgracing us in the national press the board should look at how they can use the energy of W7 and get those guys creating an atmosphere like that all round the stadium. We have a real chance to be the best support in Scotland.....

....On that note well done the W7 crew for chanting Simeon Jackson's name when he came on. f**k Allan Preston and the BBC knobs that made such a big deal of his penalty miss.

Dundee were piss poor, we surely will not finish last behind them. If we do, relegation is the least we deserve.

I'd love to see us playing with a bit less fear now. Kearney has done a great job steadying the defence. A f**king brilliant job actually, and Popescu is one of the best players in the league not just in our team.

Oran - lets see what McAllister, Magennis and Duckens can do attacking this shower of shite we are up against for the rest of the season.

Flynn, Magennis, McGinn - McAllister, Duck, Jackson: aye, I fancy our chances of winning a few points now.

Well done all Buddies there today. Big crowd, kept supporting even when behind, good party at the end. We are staying up.

Edited by Kemp

Our second half tactic of standing off Dundee and letting them flaff about passing it sideways until they crossed the half way line and then swarming them worked a treat. Well done Oran. Danny Mullen was brilliant at harassing the Dundee backs into mistakes. Very pleasing afternoon.